Are Barcelena just a better version of Arsenal ?

+13
VivaStPauli
McLewis
sportsczy
Red Alert
Grooverider
Peccadillo
Motogp69
CBarca
RealGunner
The Sanchez
The Franchise
Onyx
timzink
17 posters

Go down

Are Barcelena just a better version of Arsenal ? Empty Are Barcelena just a better version of Arsenal ?

Post by timzink Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:38 pm

Are they simply Arsenal with much better players ? Conceding goals easily and struggling to penetrate against teams that defend deep or defend properly, this has been the hallmark of Arsenal for the last few years

Does their recent lack of success have anything to do with Fabregas? Fabregas is a very direct player and perhaps his selection has altered the dynamic of Barca's play by pushing Iniesta to the wing . Fabregas was at his best when wither Adebayor or Van Persie played up front and in my opinion if you want to get the best out of Fabregas you should get a striker that can hold the play up and make runs in behind . In my opinion Barcelona could do with a player like Manzukic, someone who can make use of crosses and hold the play up .

timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Are Barcelena just a better version of Arsenal ? Empty Re: Are Barcelena just a better version of Arsenal ?

Post by Onyx Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Barca were better under Pep. It was an achievement if the opposition actually created a chance against them. Although they're top of La Liga and this was just one game, I don't think they're as good as they were before.

In terms of vs AC Milan, it's the first time this season they barely had a shot against a team.

Imo Fabregas shouldn't be starting for Barca. It kinda happened last season too. Barca become more passive when there's a lot of midfielders playing. Although Fabregas is good, he isn't Xavi or Iniesta. Villa or another inside forward should be starting.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Are Barcelena just a better version of Arsenal ? Empty Re: Are Barcelena just a better version of Arsenal ?

Post by timzink Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:51 pm

Yeah thats true Yohan Modric . I suppose too much can be inferred from one match
timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:33 pm

We play nothing like Arsenal...what connection do we have with you?

Cross and hold up play..Manzwho?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by timzink Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:20 pm

Mandzukic of Bayern Munich

Arsenals and Barcelona's playing style is very similar, especcially this season .

The only aspect of our games that isnt similar is the pressing and the high line that Barcelona keep .
timzink
timzink
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:44 pm

I know who he is...my point was he wouldnt get 10 minutes a game with us.

And no, we play nothing like you..we never have and even less so this season.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:18 pm

Arsenal don't even play the same formation and tactics like Barca. Both teams just play/try to play possession based football.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:21 pm

we share the same philosophy but that's probably it. Although at times the both teams do tend to get frustrated when they can't breakthrough tight defences
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:48 pm

There is an emphasis on passing in both teams and I think that's just about where it ends tbh
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:08 am

The Franchise wrote:I know who he is...my point was he wouldnt get 10 minutes a game with us.

Why would he play for the second/third best team in the world... :coffee:
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:02 am

I think the fact that we clearly go for a similar type of player shows that we have similar philosophies.. no?

Philosophy - similar. Tactically - not particularly.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:29 am

both teams wont admit that 'winning ugly' is at times necessary to get the right result..
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:33 am

Only if you agree Arsenal's just a better version of Wigan.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:49 am

Motogp69 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I know who he is...my point was he wouldnt get 10 minutes a game with us.

Why would he play for the second/third best team in the world... :coffee:

Because its better than playing for the 5th or 6th?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:30 am

Apples and Oranges. Arsenal and Barca have similar traits and also very different ones. More differences than similarities imo. Defensive philosophy is diametrically opposite.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:40 am

Arsenal do not play to possess the ball and tire the opposition out. That alone makes them a pretty different side from Barcelona.

I don't deny that their philosophy is similar though: slick passing with incisive final balls accentuated by deadly finishing.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:41 am

They both have good short-passing game, but IMHO their philosophies are fundamentally different.

Arsenal uses it's technique and passing game to create chances, Barca uses it to retain possession for defensive purposes.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:57 pm

How do Barca use it for defensive purposes?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:04 pm

This is so 2010.Bayern are most like us now.
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:10 pm

Arsenal are a much more direct team than Barca and are alot less frustrating.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:38 pm

arsenal remind me more of real madrid if we are making la liga comparisons. play-wise.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:15 pm

nichabr wrote:Arsenal are a much more direct team than Barca and are alot less frustrating.

I beg to differ. :coffee:

In all honesty, this comparison is brought up at quite a bad time.

At the moment we look like lost lambs, while our passing game has remained, we simply don't have the players to execute it effectively resulting in scenarios where we are stuck between counter-attacking and possession-hogging. We are no longer the sexy side of 2-3 years ago. Sad
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:26 pm

Rev wrote:
nichabr wrote:Arsenal are a much more direct team than Barca and are alot less frustrating.

I beg to differ. :coffee:

In all honesty, this comparison is brought up at quite a bad time.

At the moment we look like lost lambs, while our passing game has remained, we simply don't have the players to execute it effectively resulting in scenarios where we are stuck between counter-attacking and possession-hogging. We are no longer the sexy side of 2-3 years ago. Sad

When i say alot less frustrating i mean in the eyes of other teams...
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down