Who is the best centre back in the game today?

+21
Milantildeath
Eivindo
forza.milan
DeviAngel
The Sanchez
RealGunner
Casciavit
Cotes
Kaladin
Kick
VivaStPauli
Pedram
Onyx
giovanni_milan
timzink
fb123
Ganso
Omniscient
DeletedUser#1
Swanhends
barca 2011
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who is the best centre back in the game today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is the best centre back in the game today?

Post by Eivindo Sat 23 Feb 2013, 15:50

Juventus defenders

Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Who is the best centre back in the game today? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is the best centre back in the game today?

Post by Milantildeath Wed 27 Feb 2013, 19:41

barca 2011 wrote:Best all CB XI:
Who is the best centre back in the game today? - Page 2 650107_Fifa_Team

Chiellini > Puyol at LB and CB
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 27 Feb 2013, 19:45

Agger ffs. The guy is a better ST than half the forwards in the world.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed 27 Feb 2013, 19:58

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Agger ffs. The guy is a better ST than half the forwards in the world.

His best record is 4 goals in 43 hmm there must be some really bad strikers around hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 27 Feb 2013, 20:04

Well he is playing CB Moal. He doesn't get the freedom to run up and grab goals when he wants to. I was speaking ability wise. But of course I exaggerated a bit. Nevertheless, if you come at me brah, then bring the kitchen sink as you know I will debate anything to do with Dagger. smoking
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed 27 Feb 2013, 20:08

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Agger ffs. The guy is a better ST than half the forwards in the world.

Not really. I'm a Liverpool fan, but recently he has been pretty wasteful.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 27 Feb 2013, 20:14

ExtremistEnigma wrote:

Not really. I'm a Liverpool fan, but recently he has been pretty wasteful.

The only wasteful chance from Agger that I remember this season was against Fulham when he skied a tap in from the Suarez pass.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed 27 Feb 2013, 20:20

30 shots on target this season with just 2 goals. I guess no center back in Premier League has more than that. That's a bad return given that "The guy is a better ST than half the forwards in the world."

He has been wasting many long shots recently and also not been able to get his headers straight during corners.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 27 Feb 2013, 20:32

Well most of his shots on target are headers from corners. It's not easy scoring form corners. And he's had a bunch of them cleared off the line. As long as they are on target I wouldn't say a CB is wasting chances. Especially if they are shots from outside the box and headers from corners.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Wed 27 Feb 2013, 20:38

By 'wasting' I meant they're not even on target. Calling a CB wasteful would be blasphemous. But he tries long shots and hasn't been getting them even on target since a past few months. Not even headers during corners. He seems to be lacking confidence, just like his fellow partner.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed 27 Feb 2013, 20:43

ExtremistEnigma wrote:By 'wasting' I meant they're not even on target. Calling a CB wasteful would be blasphemous. But he tries long shots and hasn't been getting them even on target since a past few months. Not even headers during corners. He seems to be lacking confidence, just like his fellow partner.

I see what you mean. Yes he's been wasteful with his shots from outside the box in the regard that he's been skying them more often than not.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed 27 Feb 2013, 23:27

barca 2011 wrote:Best all CB XI:
Who is the best centre back in the game today? - Page 2 650107_Fifa_Team
EDIT: Best goalscoring CB XI
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed 27 Feb 2013, 23:46

that double pivot :bow: its pretty funny because it would work out well in real life
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu 28 Feb 2013, 06:17

While I hate the man, hasn't Gallas been fairly decent at scoring at pretty much every team he's been at in his career?

For a CB, I mean?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2