LeVersacci
halamadrid2
Gil
38 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

RAFA OUT - Page 3 Empty Re: RAFA OUT

Post by Juveman17 Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:15 pm

Has nothing to do with believing in Rafa. None if this season is his fault. Abramovich threw him in to the ring expecting him to implement his game and restore order to a club who lacks order on so many levels? Not even Jesus could have fixed that Chelsea team this year. Should have never dumped Di Matteo as that was a pointless and undeserved sack.

Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:22 pm

so what did rafa take the job? it's "his" fault not analysing what he was getting into.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:29 pm

A good majority of this forum won't read this post properly due to blind hate, but there's no way Chelsea won't attract a top quality manager.

From WAGNH

Notoriety - With the Chelsea job comes plenty of publicity, and managing a club like Chelsea (even if it ends in the sack) is going to be good for your career in the long term. Being a former Chelsea manager has loads of prestige, and probably hasn't hurt anyone in the Roman Abramovich era.

Paycheck - The Chelsea job is probably going to come with a rather significant raise for every single person that might get the job. I don't know if you realized this, but Chelsea pay well.

London - London is one of the biggest cities on the planet, and probably is a big selling point for the vast majority of potential candidates. After all, who would want to live in Manchester instead?

Talent - Chelsea squad is absolutely packed with young talent already, and they could probably assemble a team that would be promoted from the Championship from their surplus to the requirements on loan. Stepping back and looking at things from a potential managers perspective, they'd be hard pressed not to be drooling when looking at the talent already at hand.

Deep Pockets - Chelsea spend to bring in top talent. They have for years, they do it mid-season if need be, and they probably won't be changing that pattern at any point in the near future.

Facilities - The training ground at Cobham is an absolutely world class facility, and it will be a massive upgrade to the facilities at all but a very select group of clubs.

Other Resources - I've mentioned once or twice that Chelsea have loads of money, and with that comes more scouting, better training staffs, travel, hotels, meals, and anything else that might make a managers job easier to do. Their really aren't limits at Chelsea at the moment.

Rafa can gtfo, everyone knew he was never going to get the job fulltime. He is a temp, doesn't affect the overall long term search. I mean sure people can complain how we treat him, but it's not asif he has improved us or anything. He's made us worse, we were 5 points behind Man Utd when he joined now what are we like 19?

Either way Rafa sucks and can gtfo.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:42 pm

RAFA is a Chelsea Legend, where is all the hate coming from? Proud
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:25 pm

When Rafa took over Chelsea were 6th, out of the Champions League. Now they are still in the FA Cup, and are 7 points away from 2nd.
If the fans embrace their manager, and start actually supporting the team, maybe they might do better
but cmon, thats too much to ask from the plastic Chelsea fans....

Also isnt Rafa the one who knocked Jose's Chelsea out twice in a row?
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:09 pm

I think some Chelsea fans have themselves to blame..

you should see they way your lot have acted on twitter o other social networks before rafa when there is a bad result its all "attacking the manager"

wish you were in a situation like ours when a Dictator runs ur club, Smile
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:21 pm

punkfusion1992 wrote:When Rafa took over Chelsea were 6th, out of the Champions League. Now they are still in the FA Cup, and are 7 points away from 2nd.
If the fans embrace their manager, and start actually supporting the team, maybe they might do better

How do you expect Chelsea fans to embrace a person that insulted them publicly not less than 10 years ago. You might do that, I don't get it though. He is the manager who insulted Chelsea, the fans and the manager. Its not hard to forget that. Fine lets say its past... he lost a club world cup, scraped a win against Sparta Prague, barely in control of third place... Then he lashes out at players and the owner in public. He just never should have come to Chelsea in the first place. You won't get it ofcourse... you are not a Chelsea fan. If thats me being plastic then be it, I can't accept a person who had dissed and foul mouthed the club to a extent that no manager has done before.

Rafa might have knocked Jose out two times... but Jose and Rafa cant be kept together... just two different levels.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:30 pm

If that's the case, why was he hired? Even more so why was he even a candidate? Its not like Abra was just like " Daaaa I wantz Rafa". You can't point fingers at him for accepting the job, considering the title is " Interim Manager."

I'm certain he could have turned it down. But he's getting paid and it's his job.
Besides it's not like I read that Rafa was like, " Oh pick me pick me! I want to coach Chelsea!"
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:32 pm

punkfusion1992 wrote:When Rafa took over Chelsea were 6th, out of the Champions League. Now they are still in the FA Cup, and are 7 points away from 2nd.

A fan in Canada supporting a Spanish club (who just so happen to the be most successful in football history) calling paying, match-going supporters plastic. Hmm hmm

Anyway, I usually don't post on the main forums but this comment was so rife with factual inaccuracies, I couldn't resist.

First of all, Chelsea weren't 6th when he took over, they were 3rd, 4 points behind City in 1st. That gap is now 19.
He had the chance to add two gimme trophies to his CV in the CWC - where he was vastly outsmarted by some Brazilian no-name - and the League Cup - where he was soundly defeated over 2 legs by a mid-table side where his team selection was a joke, his tactics nonexistent, and his substitutions laughable. He then proceeded to drop points to the likes of QPR, Southampton, Reading, etc., further putting Chelsea's Top 4 finish in doubt and allowing the trailing pack to gain ground.

He was then 5 minutes away from being dumped out of the FA Cup by a third division side, and needed a wonder goal in literally the last kick of a ball to advance past the the mighty Sparta Prague at home in the Europa League.

His mythical "tactical brilliance" has been nonexistent. 0-2 down to Swansea with 20 minutes left in the second leg and needing goals quick, he brings on a center-back for a center-back and a left-back for a leftback. 2-0 UP with less than 10 to go against relegation-favourites Reading and he brings on an attacking mid for an attacking mid, then after the opposition claws one back and with 4 minutes of stoppage time left, brings on a striker. And I could go on and on with these decisions even football dilettantes would know are nonsensical.

You'd have to be seriously blinkered to think he's been anything but a spectacular failure.

And as for the insinuation that Chelsea fans only dislike him because they're sour he got the best of CFC when he was at Liverpool - while he was busy "being successful" there, Chelsea won 3 titles, 3 FA Cups, and 2 League Cups. Yep, they're CLEARLY bitter.....
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:35 pm

Dunno why Chelsea fans are attacking Rafa to be honest. You have one idiot of an owner, that's the problem, but since he signs u lads like Hazard or Mata , you dont say a bad word about him.

You are in this situation because your owner is a moron that thinks sacking a manager mid season is a way to boost the squad and help them overachieve. You are not performing badly because of Benitez, sacking a manager mid season does that to a team, regardless of who comes in. If it happens to work out fine once, on 99 cases, your team wont make significant improvements.

Rafa only has himself to blame for taking the job, but the words he is uttering arent enterely wrong either. Support your team instead of making it a bad atmosphere for them to play in. Fans are mad at Rafa because he used to be the enemy but as far as i know, he didnt impose himself as the manager, he was chosen by your owner. So stop accabling the man, grow balls, and sing songs like "you idiot Roman, find us a good manager for once"!

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:36 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:If that's the case, why was he hired? Even more so why was he even a candidate? Its not like Abra was just like " Daaaa I wantz Rafa". You can't point fingers at him for accepting the job, considering the title is " Interim Manager."

I'm certain he could have turned it down. But he's getting paid and it's his job.
Besides it's not like I read that Rafa was like, " Oh pick me pick me! I want to coach Chelsea!"
If he's now going to use having the "interim" title and the fact that he only has a few months in the job as an excuse for why he hasn't/can't perform, then he shouldn't have signed the 6-month contract in the first place.

But yes, the main problem at Chelsea has been and continues to be Abramovich.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:39 pm

Tbf to Abra even if he is a crazy nutcase, without him Chelsea wouldn't be here and they sure as hell wouldn't have won the CL, multiple league titles etc etc.

Anyway with that backing they will be back on top before too long.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:11 pm

Terry to become player/manager/captain next season
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:13 pm

No-one likes criticism. Especially if it's in the public domain... and coming from a person they dislike... and that person is in a position of authority. The natural reaction is almost always to batten down the hatches and defend yourself and your institution from all comers.

That said, the criticism isn't always wrong. Rafa's criticisms, while not necessarily well advised and tainted by his own errors (taking the Chelsea job and Inter before it) are not without some merit. And it is worth noting that many within this thread are making no attempt to defend Rafa's record at Chelsea, but are merely expressing agreement with his statements. I think if fans were willing to step back and take an objective view (somethings fans are, by their very nature, not inclined to do) they would see the grains of truth within Rafa's words. It certainly is not a stretch by any means to suggest that if Chelseafans had put as much effort into supporting their players and team as they have into attacking Rafa during his tenure, these criticisms that he has brought forward would be non-existant. To echo my previous post, it is a rather humourously ironic, in that sense.

RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:20 pm

Meltdown 2.0

I'll be shocked if he doesn't get sacked within the next few days.

He should have never taken the Chelsea job. It was always destined to be a disaster.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:03 pm

Rafa definitely does suck and is the worst manager in the clubs history. The board sucks. The fans suck and so do the players.

Blow it all up and rebuild.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:00 pm

Rafa Benitez (46.7%) has the lowest league win percentage of all Chelsea managers since Glenn Hoddle (1993-1996) Shocked CastrolEDGE stats
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:01 am

rofl
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:21 am

Firenze wrote:

rofl

You should hear his Gerrard and Carra impersonations :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:24 am

:bow: rofl
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:45 pm

50 days left. bounce
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Grooverider Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:15 pm

RED wrote:Meltdown 2.0

I'll be shocked if he doesn't get sacked within the next few days.

He should have never taken the Chelsea job. It was always destined to be a disaster.

agree 100%
Grooverider
Grooverider
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:40 pm

mou in plx Proud

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by AltoZ Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:10 pm

They gonna beat their biggest rival tomorrow and all will be good again.
AltoZ
AltoZ
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3