Where would you rank Ronaldo among Madrid's greatest?

+23
Milan31
BarrileteCosmico
StrugaRock
Die Borussen
McAgger
The Sanchez
baresi
Onyx
Arquitecto
buddytaller
VanDeezNuts
FennecFox7
Adit
jibers
Lord Spencer
sportsczy
S
Kaladin
Zealous
windkick
Donuts
fatman123
Gil
27 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Where would you rank Ronaldo among Madrid's greatest? - Page 3 Empty Re: Where would you rank Ronaldo among Madrid's greatest?

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:47 pm

buddytaller wrote:Ronaldo already shows more "leadership, loyalty and attitude" than any other player in the setup. Legends are players who give their all and excel in whatever positions they play, it doesn't matter how long you play there, for instance, Ronaldo is already more of a legend than Higuain and Ramos, despite the latter two playing longer at the club. The question is whether he'll become the all time greatest legend not if he's a legend or not.

i must have been mistaken because with all ronaldos whining in the media, bitching for more money on his contract, selfish play, hands on his hips i was blinded to see how much of a loyal leader with a good attitude he is.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Where would you rank Ronaldo among Madrid's greatest? - Page 3 Empty Re: Where would you rank Ronaldo among Madrid's greatest?

Post by Die Borussen Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:52 pm

how you define greatest? cause my definition is the one who's the best and certainly most influential & remarkable player in the team.
leadership wise one way or another he is leading the attack, he is the focal point, the players trust him the ball, respect him enough to lay their chances on him and he more than often succeeds and breaks records. you can't prejudge loyality neither erase entire seasons cause of glory deficiency.

just cause he is whim, whines and dives it shouldn't affect his chances to contend a place among madrid's legends

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:57 pm

vanDEEZ wrote: i must have been mistaken because with all ronaldos whining in the media, bitching for more money on his contract, selfish play, hands on his hips i was blinded to see how much of a loyal leader with a good attitude he is.

You also missed him scoring in the rain with just one eye, playing with a gashed shin, scoring on a countless occasions when the team was needed a saviour, keeping Real Madrid in touch with the Barcelona squad. Anyway, he swore by his son's life that the reason he was sad wasn't because of money, maybe you should wait for the real reason before spreading lies about him.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:03 am

buddytaller wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote: i must have been mistaken because with all ronaldos whining in the media, bitching for more money on his contract, selfish play, hands on his hips i was blinded to see how much of a loyal leader with a good attitude he is.

You also missed him scoring in the rain with just one eye, playing with a gashed shin, scoring on a countless occasions when the team was needed a saviour, keeping Real Madrid in touch with the Barcelona squad. Anyway, he swore by his son's life that the reason he was sad wasn't because of money, maybe you should wait for the real reason before spreading lies about him.

firstly. you just defined a goalscorer. not a leader. they are not synonymous.

secondly, if you read between the lines the reason he was sad was because of money (asks for new contract doesnt get it- next week is 'sad' in media) the 2 events are connected. could care less who he swears on. its the reality of the situation. just get used to it.

a leader would never put the needs of his own over the needs of the club.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:06 am

Top 20 at most, for now...

I'd put players such as Raul, Zidane, Di Stefano Puskas, Hierro, Gento, Bernabeu Juanito, Carlos, Casillas, Sanchis, Hugo Sanchez, Michel, Camacho, Santillana, Butragueno, Sergio Ramos and some others ahead of him, but and a big BUT, the list can change, it's way to early to call Ronaldo a top 5 or even top 10 club legend.

But as a best player to play for Real Madrid, he surely is in the top 10, easily.

So if you are asking where he stands as a club legend, the answer is around 15-25th player, but as a best player to play for us he is definitely high on the top 10 list.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:15 am

vanDEEZ wrote:firstly. you just defined a goalscorer. not a leader. they are not synonymous.

secondly, if you read between the lines the reason he was sad was because of money (asks for new contract doesnt get it- next week is 'sad' in media) the 2 events are connected. could care less who he swears on. its the reality of the situation. just get used to it.

a leader would never put the needs of his own over the needs of the club.

I defined a leader, someone who somehow raises the team when it is in despair, when all hopes seem to be lost, someone who always rises to the occasion even when the odds are stacked against him, bringing out not only the best in himself but those around him.

Ronaldo has NEVER put his needs above that of that of the team, even when he was sad he gave his 100% for the cause. He's a bigger leader than any player in the current setup.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:19 am

discussion has officially become redundant as you keep equating scoring goals to being a leader, so ill stop at this post:

you dont know what a leader is, you exaggerate his contributions and you ignore his selfish behavior.

you are not objective, and therefore your opinion is not as valid to me.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:34 am

I guess Di Stefano's opinion was invalid too when he said he was honoured a player like Ronaldo was being compared to him. Maybe the Bernabeu's opinion is also invalid too, they are now singing his name and giving him standing ovations in every match. He's a club legend already, you can post whatever you wish but the facts won't change.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:36 am

Standards have dipped at the Santiago Bernabeu due to Barca's success it seems

Works for me
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:39 am

Honestly he has not won enough to be in the top 10. A league and a cup in 3 years is not a sufficient return to be considered a club legend, regardless of his goalscoring stats. Before anyone claims I'm being hypocritical, I would say the same thing of Messi if asked "where would you rank messi amongst argentina's nt team greats?".
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:43 am

Whats funny, this thread is started in a season that has had PATHETICO ahead of Real Madrid for almost the entire season and the club is like 10000 points behind Braca. But he scores a ton of goals and won the league once so = Madrid top 10 legend

Like I said earlier, he was more impressive with Man Utd

Where would you rank Ronaldo among Madrid's greatest? - Page 3 Manchester+United+v+Chelsea+UEFA+Champions+_ya8kpT6ydol
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:54 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Honestly he has not won enough to be in the top 10. A league and a cup in 3 years is not a sufficient return to be considered a club legend, regardless of his goalscoring stats. Before anyone claims I'm being hypocritical, I would say the same thing of Messi if asked "where would you rank messi amongst argentina's nt team greats?".

Fair enough and really I don't think any of his supporters, including me, are saying anything different. But more trophies are literally the "only" thing he is missing and I like his chances of picking up a couple of winners medals down the line. When that happens he'll be top ten easily as far as I'm concerned.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:55 am

windkick wrote:
Like I said earlier, he was more impressive with Man Utd

Where would you rank Ronaldo among Madrid's greatest? - Page 3 Manchester+United+v+Chelsea+UEFA+Champions+_ya8kpT6ydol

All you're proving is that Ronaldo will be a legend of two great clubs when he retires :whistle:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:44 am

No, your just proving that you don't know what the word "legend" means.

As I said earlier..

Standards have dipped at the Santiago Bernabeu due to Barca's success it seems

Works for me. No more discussion needed on my end Wink
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:48 am

everyone who disagrees with Zealous must be a Ronaldo hater then :whistle:
Let me ask you this, open question to anyone, do you rate CR7 over the real Ronaldo?
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:01 am

R9 is considered to be one of the great players of all time. By many, consider him to have been the goat had not for injuries. CR7 isn't even the best player of his own generation, or even in the top 10 of his current clubs all time top 10 list. Great player though.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:34 am

If he can win the CL this year, not the greatest but definitely will go up the list.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:46 am

Donuts wrote:everyone who disagrees with Zealous must be a Ronaldo hater then :whistle:
Let me ask you this, open question to anyone, do you rate CR7 over the real Ronaldo?

As Madrid players? Cristiano made me forget about De Lima the Madrid player tbh.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:47 am

windkick wrote:R9 is considered to be one of the great players of all time. By many, consider him to have been the goat had not for injuries. CR7 isn't even the best player of his own generation, or even in the top 10 of his current clubs all time top 10 list. Great player though.

I thought you were done Laughing

Dat Ronaldo obsession :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:59 am

Zealous wrote:
Donuts wrote:everyone who disagrees with Zealous must be a Ronaldo hater then :whistle:

As Madrid players? Cristiano made me forget about De Lima the Madrid player tbh.

i don't consider R9 a Madrid legend tbh...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:01 am

sportsczy wrote:
Zealous wrote:

i don't consider R9 a Madrid legend tbh...

He's one of our notable alumni but there is no arguing Cristiano surpassed him for us.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:03 am

Oh and BTW Cruyff the player "only" won the league and the copa in his five years at Barca :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:10 am

Why are the non-madrid fans debating whether CR is a Madrid legend? He is definitely up there with one of the best players Madrid has had.

Zealous wrote:Oh and BTW Cruyff the player "only" won the league and the copa in his five years at Barca :bow:

Yes, trophies, he won as a player, are the reason Cruyff is considered a Barca legend.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:18 am

the question is why are >Madrid< fans debating.. maybe they just are ashamed of him? hmm

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:08 pm

kiranr wrote:

Zealous wrote:Oh and BTW Cruyff the player "only" won the league and the copa in his five years at Barca :bow:

Yes, trophies, he won as a player, are the reason Cruyff is considered a Barca legend.

That was kind of my point. Twisted Evil
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:21 pm

But it is not just because of Cruyff, the player, that he is considered a legend, don't you agree?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next