Was Cazorla moving to Arsenal a mistake?

+18
chemicalboy99
Raptorgunner
justdoit_
CBarca
The Franchise
FalcaoPunch
Lex
Kaladin
BarrileteCosmico
Great Leader Sprucenuce
worms
free_cat
VanDeezNuts
danyjr
Ganso
Mr Nick09
Onyx
guest7
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Was Cazorla moving to Arsenal a mistake? Empty Was Cazorla moving to Arsenal a mistake?

Post by guest7 Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:39 pm

Let's be honest here... Cazorla has more of a chance of winning a title in Malaga compared to Arsenal. Atleast Malaga can win Copa. Arsenal won't win anything tbh.

Both will end top 4 in the league probably, so both of them dont have a chance of winning the league. And he would have stayed in Spain, his own country instead of living in England where I'm sure he feels less happy compared to Spain.

Was it a mistake?
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Was Cazorla moving to Arsenal a mistake? Empty Re: Was Cazorla moving to Arsenal a mistake?

Post by Onyx Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:45 pm

He might of stayed if Malaga didn't have financial problems. However currently it looks like they might not be in Europe for the next few seasons and apparently they're not doing well financially.

Either way I think Arsenal are still better than Malaga. Maybe Cazorla could have joined a better club than Arsenal.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Was Cazorla moving to Arsenal a mistake? Empty Re: Was Cazorla moving to Arsenal a mistake?

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:46 pm

Given our poorly Malaga are being run, i dont think you can call it a mistake. As far as we know, they could finish in the second part of the table next year because of poor management, and they are currently banned from european comp next year.

He made a side step move, but it was not a mistake. they would be better with him around, but Malaga are a mess of a club
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:49 pm

No.He is actually getting paid now and he is getting more visibility.In the end of the day Arsenal are on the spotlight of world football,Malaga not so much.Did I mention he is getting paid?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:55 pm

Don't count Arsenal out yet. This is a club with an amazing history of making it to Champions League and I am fairly sure they will step up as they always when they're required to do so. In fact I can see Spurs, Everton and Liverpool having more problems than Arsenal in the long run. Especially Everton and Spurs. Liverpool, I think they will be a real contender for top 4 next season if they keep their stars and spend some money. If they'd given Rodgers the money they gave Dalglish they'd already be there.

On topic, no I don't think he made a mistake. Málaga were (and still are) in a tough financial situation. Even if Arsenal fail to reach top 4 this season, they'll be back stronger next season unless they fail to strengthen the squad. I'm sure there are plenty of teams who could have paid Málaga's €20 million asking price but he chose Arsenal for a good reason. In Arsenal's case, I think this was one of the bargains of the season, for the same price Arsenal saw a much inferior player like Song leaving the other way or Flopdrić for twice the price and a much higher salary. He's already outperformed all of them.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:57 pm

i dont think it was a mistake.

first of all malaga werent able to pay him, they had to delay his wages and that was a big mess.

secondly he has really gotten a lot of exposure, i feel like not many knew (outside of those who follow la liga) how great of a player he is until he made the switch to the bpl.

and its not all about trophies i mean his best years were at villareal and they didnt win anything really.

im not sure how happy he is with life in london but i would suppose its better knowing his pay check will be on time.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:01 pm

Ganso wrote:No.He is actually getting paid now and he is getting more visibility.In the end of the day Arsenal are on the spotlight of world football,Malaga not so much. Did I mention he is getting paid?

rofl Quote worthy and true.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:26 pm

It's a mistake for any Spanish player to leave La Liga.Especially when they go to Chelsea or Man City.I am sure that,deep down they know they are "selling out."
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:31 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:
im not sure how happy he is with life in london but i would suppose its better knowing his pay check will be on time.

Pretty sure he's happy mate, as long as you're rich London is a fantastic city to live in.

Its when you're not rich when the problems arise Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:33 pm

While it might be a side-step in terms of chances to win a trophy, it's not a side-step on prestige and probably on his pay-check. Not to mention, Arsenal is the perfect club if your long term goal is to play for Barca Razz
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:34 pm

worms wrote:It's a mistake for any Spanish player to leave La Liga.Especially when they go to Chelsea or Man City.I am sure that,deep down they know they are "selling out."

Bullshit. La Liga is a league where when players become good enough they either go to Barca, Madrid, or abroad. No future for them elsewhere.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:35 pm

How is being rich going to make cold rainy snowy foggy weather better? scratch
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:38 pm

danyjr wrote:How is being rich going to make cold rainy snowy foggy weather better? scratch

Because you can afford to actually do things, because its very expensive to live there especially in the nice areas.

I doubt weather has much of an impact anyway, no one would go to England based on that logic.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:41 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
worms wrote:It's a mistake for any Spanish player to leave La Liga.Especially when they go to Chelsea or Man City.I am sure that,deep down they know they are "selling out."

Bullshit. La Liga is a league where when players become good enough they either go to Barca, Madrid, or abroad. No future for them elsewhere.

Was Cazorla moving to Arsenal a mistake? Atletico-Madrid-campeon-Europa-League

Was Cazorla moving to Arsenal a mistake? 14425946
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:43 pm

Atletico is hardly the case to make your point. Torres left, Aguero left, Forlan left, Falcao is all but gone this summer.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:46 pm

Not to mention Turan, Llorente and probably Benat and Isco sometime soon. While im not dissing La Liga, its just that players have bigger ambitions y'know? They want to experience the top before their career is nigh
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by worms Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:54 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Not to mention Turan, Llorente and probably Benat and Isco sometime soon. While im not dissing La Liga, its just that players have bigger ambitions y'know? They want to experience the top before their career is nigh

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/index.html
worms
worms
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:03 pm

So............what's left for Malaga to win?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:07 pm

Lex wrote:So............what's left for Malaga to win?
Not that they'll win the Champions League but they are certainly in a better position to qualify to the next round at least.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:11 pm

maybe something that's like winning a trophy?
hmm
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:19 pm

Getting paid at Malaga is like winning a trophy Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:21 pm

FalcaoPunch wrote:

maybe something that's like winning a trophy?
hmm

Lex wrote:Getting paid at Malaga is like winning a trophy Laughing

Very Happy Lol at both.
This thread is killing it. rofl
Someone post this stuff at the quotes thread.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:26 pm

So Santi shouldnt of left for the feint possibility of winning the Copa?

Despite the fact Arsenal have come closer to winning their own version than Santi as in his entire career?

And, who gives a crap about the Copa anyway?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:35 pm

No. I don't care for Arsenal but it was a good move. Arsenal have a larger chance of winning silverware, Malaga needed to sell him, and he needed to move because of how poorly the club has been ran. While maybe he's not at a team that is competing for trophies every season like Man U, he's certainly in a better situation than Malaga was, and probably a better team, too.

Danyjr wrote:In fact I can see Spurs, Everton and Liverpool having more problems than Arsenal in the long run. Especially Everton and Spurs.

Please explain. When I ask this- I mean specifically Spurs because I know more about them, but I hardly see Everton having more problems as well. They're performing well this season yes, but they have consistently been around this area for quite a while and have been shown to have sustainable "success". David Moyes is an inspiration, and as long as he's around I have to disagree with you.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:40 pm

Not true CB that is a massive myth....

They are very rarely in the top 6, majority of Moyes time they have been 7th or below.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next