Vlad the Impaler
44 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Serie A - race for UCL places Empty Serie A - race for UCL places

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:57 pm

This is how the Serie A table is looking right now:

Serie A - race for UCL places Serieatableucl

The race for the UCL places should be very entertaining.Fiorentina looks very well and plays an aesthetically and offensive football.Also Zeman's Roma looks more solid from one day to another.Lazio & Inter are another two solid teams but I'd prefer to watch Fiorentina in UCL, instead of them.I don't know what to say about AC Milan.Without any investments in talented young players, it will be hard to reach the 3rd place.I believe that Napoli & Juventus will occupy the first two places.

What do you think?Discuss!

Last edited by vladdy on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Serie A - race for UCL places Empty Re: Serie A - race for UCL places

Post by Die Borussen Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:00 pm

1.juventus
2.lazio
3.napoli
4.roma
5.fiorentina
6.milan

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:01 pm

Juventus
Napoli
Roma

:coffee:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:06 pm

Juventus
Inter
Roma

I think this would be best for Italy (the teams that will actually invest into their squads if they qualify)

Fiorentina would be interesting but what if they cannot hold on to Jovetic?
What if Napoli makes it and then sells Cavani?

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:11 pm

Luca wrote:Juventus
Inter
Roma

I think this would be best for Italy (the teams that will actually invest into their squads if they qualify)

Fiorentina would be interesting but what if they cannot hold on to Jovetic?
What if Napoli makes it and then sells Cavani?

I can't see Cavani sold as long as De Laurentiis is alive and president of S.S.C. Napoli.

Isn't Fiorentina a club with good financial status?But yes, as far as it concerns Jovetic I have some doubts.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:14 pm

Roma need to start beating the likes of Bologna and Sampdoria or we're going to have serious issues getting into the top 3. we've not had much trouble against the better sides and the worst sides, but it's that middle bunch that is really hurting the CL push for us.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:16 pm

Juventus
Inter
Milan

Im very optimistic
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:16 pm

hmm im waiting to see what happens to Lazio in calcioscommesse , i read that they might lose up to 5 points , other than that its Klose Injury can hurt them big time

Milan, Fiorentina and Napoli are all more than capable of making it to the third spot or dropping points and give that spot to Roma

and im still confused about the whole losing 4rth Spot for CL , i hear they say Italian teams were not good at El then why they don't lose the EL spot , the way that i think is like because im not good at math teacher gives me 0 in biology
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:31 pm

Juventus, Lazio and AC Milan.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:33 pm

judging by Inter's form against the top teams i say we have a pretty good chance if we stop dropping points against minnows
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:37 pm

Juve
Napoli
Inter
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Moratti Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:18 pm

Inter
Juve
Napoli
Mr. Moratti
Mr. Moratti
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:30 pm

Lazio will be surely dropping out of the top3, like they always do. They simply run out of energy in the second half of the season.

My prediction:
Juve
Inter
Napoli

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:37 pm

Mr. Moratti wrote:Inter
Juve
Napoli

that's quite a bold statement to make but

Serie A - race for UCL places Tumblr_m7lbtlZYXT1qex366o1_500
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:38 pm

in a nutshell, as much as I would be happy to see Roma make the top 3,I don't believe they have the consistency to achieve it...
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Moratti Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:40 pm

elmystique wrote:
Mr. Moratti wrote:Inter
Juve
Napoli

that's quite a bold statement to make but

Serie A - race for UCL places Tumblr_m7lbtlZYXT1qex366o1_500

You can always hope... and until mathematically impossible, I will hope...
Mr. Moratti
Mr. Moratti
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:19 pm

Juve
Inter
Milan

I think that's how it'll end up
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:58 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Juve
Inter
Milan

I think that's how it'll end up
Probably. The experience of the traditional top 3 will get them through. Roma are even more inconsistent than Milan. Lazio and Napoli will implode somehow. Fio will continue to drop points against everyone but the big teams.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:49 am

Lazio lost against Chievo at home.Terrible performance...Juve surprisingly lost points against Genoa, the 18th place.

Napoli is playing today at Stadio Ennio Tardini.Probably it will be a balanced game.

What do you expect from Milano teams? AC Milan plays at Atalanta and Inter meets Torino at Giuseppe Meazza.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:16 am

I can see us scrummaging 3 points against Atalanta, Inter will breeze through Torino and i have to thank Paloschi for today's performance :bow:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:06 pm

Bologna 3-3 AS Roma. What a game :bow:

Both teams played very spectacular.The way the match was played did not let me to breathe.Many attacks from both sides, many chances to score which means that we had the opportunity to watch an open game.

I am pretty sure that the atmosphere on the stadium was absolutely fantastic, I wish I was there...

After Bologna's comeback from 1-2 to 3-2, Roma was seen obligated to play an ultra-offensive game, which made the game very spectacular.I can't imagine them showing so much desire, passion and ambition without Totti.For me, Francesco was the MOTM.Bradley and Florenzi also had a good game.

Diamanti hit the post and the crossbar in the final minutes, despite the fact that he was exhausted.He was Bologna's best player.Gilardino played well but he seemed to be a little bit frustrated, iritated and inhibited after Pasquato scored a goal.

Conclusions:

One of the best games in Serie A this season so far.Roma relies on Totti; especially on his attitude of a true leader.That guy, Dodo, who substituted Balzaretti (injured Neutral ) looked like a crazy rabbit ready to spit his lungs out for his team Laughing .Torosidis also showed great quality after he came in.It is interesting that AS Roma displayed a high level of team chemistry, the players found themselves easily on the pitch and they seemed to be self-confident and very detached of the pressure.This is a positive aspect.

As it was yesterday Juventus, Roma couldn't keep the lead or increase it at the right time and couldn't even comeback and win the game because they were uninspired in the last 16 yards.Obviously, it's not only them being uninspired, it's also about Bologna who fought and defended until the final whistle with the desire of getting at least one point.

6 goals were scored, but I still want to congratulate Morleo and Leandro Castan because they defended very well.On the other hand, Roma's GK, Goicoechea was poor today.

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:51 am

Matchday 22 in Serie A

Juventus 1 - 1 Genoa
After Juve dominated the 1st half of the season, they are now becoming stuttering Drawventus that the other 19 teams all know and love. A draw at home to relegation threatened Genoa (who have the same number of points as their place in the standings, 18) has now brought Juve back to within 3 points of 2nd placed Napoli.
Scorers: Quagliarella; Borrielo.

Parma 1 - 2 Napoli
A vital win for now 2nd placed Napoli over the mid-table Parma. This ensures the Neapolitans keep the pressure on Juve and move clear of Lazio. Parma are in 10th place in the standings.
Scorers: Cannavaro (OG); Hamsik, Cavani.

Lazio 0 - 1 Chievo
Lazio's 16 match unbeaten run comes to a halt at the hands of Chievo and Alberto Paloschi, who scored his 7th Serie A goal in just 10 apps to bring Lazio down to 3rd spot. Chievo stay mid-table in 11th.
Scorers: Paloschi

Bologna 3 - 3 Roma
Zeman's crazy tactics produce crazy results, who would've thought? A tit-for-tat game where each side was content to play free-flowing football. Roma fall to 8th, not having won in 4 games.
Scorers: Gilardino, Gabbiadini, Pasquato; Florenzi, Osvaldo, Tachtsidis.

Catania 2 - 1 Fiorentina
Another of the teams vying for European action, Fiorentina continue to slip up this year - not helped by a red card to Aquilani for dissent shortly before conceding the winner. Fiorentina fall to sixth, whilst Catania rise up to seventh (only 1 point behind Fiorentina), confirming their status as one of Serie A's strongest, most consistent, mid-table teams.
Scorers: Legrottaglie, Castro; Migliaccio.

Cagliari 1 - 1 Palermo
The island derby has become a relegation battle with Sardinia and Sicily sharing the spoils on this occasion. Not such a bad result for Cagliari (16th), but an awful one for Palermo (19th) who also had their captain (Miccoli) and coach (Gasperini) dismissed.
Scorers: Thiago Ribiero; Illicic.

Sampdoria 6 - 0 Pescara
This week's thrashing was a superb exhibition from one of the surprise packets of this season after the passing of their President Riccardo Garrone. The stubborn Samp that has hampered Juve and Milan in recent weeks absolutely unleashed on lowly Pescara. Sampdoria sit 13th, whilst Pescara are just one spot (and 2 points) above the relegation zone in 17th. 19 y.o Icardi bagged 4, confirming his status as one of Serie A's top young prospects.
Scorers: Eder, Icardi x 4, Obiang

Udinese 1 - 0 Siena
The Friulians put away rock-bottom Siena with one swift counter-attack and moved themselves up to 9th place.
Scorers: Muriel.

Inter 2 - 2 Torino
A Meggiorini double inflicted more pain on 4th placed Inter, who failed to capitalise on Lazio's slip-up to move within a point of that 3rd CL spot. Instead Inter remain a game adrift, whilst newly-promoted Torino sit fairly comfortably in 12th position.
Scorers: Chivu, Cambiasso; Meggiorini x 2

Atalanta 0 - 1 Milan
Everything played into the hands of Milan this matchday. In contrast to Inter, Milan move up to 5th largely due to the efforts of their youthful strikers Niang and El Shaarawy, who respectively assisted and scored the only goal in a game of few chances. An ill-disciplined Atalanta side deserved to lose the game as their tactics consisted of trying to kick Milan players instead of the ball. Davide Brivio was sent off.
Scorers: El Shaarawy

Standings
Notice that teams 1-5 are all 3 points away from each other. Also, teams 5-9 are all 1 point away from each other.

1st Juventus 49
2nd Napoli 46
3rd Lazio 43

4th Inter 40
5th Milan 37

6th Fiorentina 36
7th Catania 35
8th Roma 34
9th Udinese 33
10th Parma 31
11th Chievo 28
12th Torino 27
13th Sampdoria 24
14th Atalanta 23
15th Bologna 22
16th Cagliari 21
17th Pescara 20
18th Genoa 18
19th Palermo 17
20th Siena 14
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:57 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Matchday 22 in Serie A

Juventus 1 - 1 Genoa
After Juve dominated the 1st half of the season, they are now becoming stuttering Drawventus that the other 19 teams all know and love. A draw at home to relegation threatened Genoa (who have the same number of points as their place in the standings, 18) has now brought Juve back to within 3 points of 2nd placed Napoli.

Parma 1 - 2 Napoli
A vital win for now 2nd placed Napoli over the mid-table Parma. This ensures the Neapolitans keep the pressure on Juve and move clear of Lazio. Parma are in 10th place in the standings.

Lazio 0 - 1 Chievo
Lazio's 16 match unbeaten run comes to a halt at the hands of Chievo and Alberto Paloschi, who scored his 7th Serie A goal in just 10 apps to bring Lazio down to 3rd spot. Chievo stay mid-table in 11th.

Bologna 3 - 3 Roma
Zeman's crazy tactics produce crazy results, who would've thought? A tit-for-tat game where each side was content to play free-flowing football. Roma fall to 8th, not having won in 4 games.

Catania 2 - 1 Fiorentina
Another of the teams vying for European action, Fiorentina continue to slip up this year - not helped by a red card to Aquilani for dissent shortly before conceding the winner. Fiorentina fall to sixth, whilst Catania rise up to seventh (only 1 point behind Fiorentina), confirming their status as one of Serie A's strongest, most consistent, mid-table teams.

Cagliari 1 - 1 Palermo
The island derby has become a relegation battle with Sardinia and Sicily sharing the spoils on this occasion. Not such a bad result for Cagliari (16th), but an awful one for Palermo (19th) who also had their captain (Miccoli) and coach (Gasperini) dismissed.

Sampdoria 6 - 0 Pescara
This week's thrashing was a superb exhibition from one of the surprise packets of this season after the passing of their President Riccardo Garrone. The stubborn Samp that has hampered Juve and Milan in recent weeks absolutely unleashed on lowly Pescara. Sampdoria sit 13th, whilst Pescara are just one spot (and 2 points) above the relegation zone in 17th. 19 y.o Icardi bagged 4, confirming his status as one of Serie A's top young prospects.

Udinese 1 - 0 Siena
The Friulians put away rock-bottom Siena with one swift counter-attack and moved themselves up to 9th place.

Inter 2 - 2 Torino
A Meggiorini double inflicted more pain on 4th placed Inter, who failed to capitalise on Lazio's slip-up to move within a point of that 3rd CL spot. Instead Inter remain a game adrift, whilst newly-promoted Torino sit fairly comfortably in 12th position.

Atalanta 0 - 1 Milan
Everything played into the hands of Milan this matchday. In contrast to Inter, Milan move up to 5th largely due to the efforts of their youthful strikers Niang and El Shaarawy, who respectively assisted and scored the only goal in a game of few chances. An ill-disciplined Atalanta side deserved to lose the game as their tactics consisted of trying to kick Milan players instead of the ball. Davide Brivio was sent off.

Standings
Notice that teams 1-5 are all 3 points away from each other. Also, teams 5-9 are all 1 point away from each other.

1st Juventus 49
2nd Napoli 46
3rd Lazio 43

4th Inter 40
5th Milan 37

6th Fiorentina 36
7th Catania 35
8th Roma 34
9th Udinese 33
10th Parma 31
11th Chievo 28
12th Torino 27
13th Sampdoria 24
14th Atalanta 23
15th Bologna 22
16th Cagliari 21
17th Pescara 20
18th Genoa 18
19th Palermo 17
20th Siena 14

Brilliant summary Thumbs up

El Shaarawy wrote:I can see us scrummaging 3 points against Atalanta, Inter will breeze through Torino and i have to thank Paloschi for today's performance :bow:

JINX LEGACY FFS
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:30 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Matchday 22 in Serie A

Juventus 1 - 1 Genoa

Parma 1 - 2 Napoli

Lazio 0 - 1 Chievo

Bologna 3 - 3 Roma

Catania 2 - 1 Fiorentina

Cagliari 1 - 1 Palermo

Sampdoria 6 - 0 Pescara

Udinese 1 - 0 Siena

Inter 2 - 2 Torino

Atalanta 0 - 1 Milan

Standings

1st Juventus 49
2nd Napoli 46
3rd Lazio 43

4th Inter 40
5th Milan 37

6th Fiorentina 36
7th Catania 35
8th Roma 34
9th Udinese 33
10th Parma 31
11th Chievo 28
12th Torino 27