rwo power
Kaladin
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Swanhends
Vlad the Impaler
26 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What should EPL teams improve? - Page 3 Empty Re: What should EPL teams improve?

Post by Juveman17 Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:35 pm

With the whole league vs league, I hate when the typical EPL fanboy will say "Serie A is old" "Serie A is boring" Well that's a load of bullshit. Serie A has around a .7 age difference from EPL, and there is competition. Juve losing to Samp, Palermo playing out a 2-2 draw with Lazio, Udinese beating Fiorentina, etc etc. This whole "best league in the world" thing is just full of crap.

It really annoys me when people say "English football is the best, it has the best players and the best teams." Well I hate to break it to people but they don't.

Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

What should EPL teams improve? - Page 3 Empty Re: What should EPL teams improve?

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:38 pm

@Dnmac

In that first post of yours you didn't give a solution or something, you only rememberd that United got beaten by Bilbao, that EPL teams can't string 3 passes together, that City isn't able to get out of UCL group stages, that people's opinion about how Barca would manage a game at Stoke is wrong.Mourinho isn't spanish, Simeone isn't spanish, Pellegrini isn't spanish.And what?Their teams are playing very good football.So what have you said?Nothing.

We already knew most of what you said.But at least I thought a little bit and I refrained from provoking you.

I want something concrete; for example: if you tell me that we need better midfielders it is a childish argument.It is easy to say that EPL needs better midfielders Laughing.Say some names, I want to see your imagination.

juveman17 wrote:With the whole league vs league, I hate when the typical EPL fanboy will say "Serie A is old" "Serie A is boring" Well that's a load of bullshit. Serie A has around a .7 age difference from EPL, and there is competition. Juve losing to Samp, Palermo playing out a 2-2 draw with Lazio, Udinese beating Fiorentina, etc etc. This whole "best league in the world" thing is just full of crap.

It really annoys me when people say "English football is the best, it has the best players and the best teams." Well I hate to break it to people but they don't.

Who said that?

And about "best league in the world" thing, I am with you and I have already said it and tried to avoid those kind of discussions because it is useless.

Last edited by vladdy on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by norton Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:45 pm

Off the subject, but if the Madrid that is playing Valencia now shows up against ManU in the CL, ManU will have a tough time.

norton
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:51 pm

norton wrote:Off the subject, but if the Madrid that is playing Valencia now shows up against ManU in the CL, ManU will have a tough time.

5-0 at half time?

It's competitive.
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:14 pm

vladdy wrote:@Dnmac

In that first post of yours you didn't give a solution or something, you only rememberd that United got beaten by Bilbao, that EPL teams can't string 3 passes together, that City isn't able to get out of UCL group stages, that people's opinion about how Barca would manage a game at Stoke is wrong.Mourinho isn't spanish, Simeone isn't spanish, Pellegrini isn't spanish.And what?Their teams are playing very good football.So what have you said?Nothing.

We already knew most of what you said.But at least I thought a little bit and I refrained from provoking you.

I want something concrete; for example: if you tell me that we need better midfielders it is a childish argument.It is easy to say that EPL needs better midfielders Laughing.Say some names, I want to see your imagination.

juveman17 wrote:With the whole league vs league, I hate when the typical EPL fanboy will say "Serie A is old" "Serie A is boring" Well that's a load of bullshit. Serie A has around a .7 age difference from EPL, and there is competition. Juve losing to Samp, Palermo playing out a 2-2 draw with Lazio, Udinese beating Fiorentina, etc etc. This whole "best league in the world" thing is just full of crap.

Who said that?

And about "best league in the world" thing, I am with you and I have already said it and tried to avoid those kind of discussions because it is useless.

Im not singling out anyone on this forum but most people I know or people on facebook or goal.com will clearly state these old cliches and myths about Serie A. Im not saying you do I was disagreeing with other peoples opinion of the EPL such as its perfect or its immune to problems.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:23 pm

juveman17 wrote:Im not singling out anyone on this forum but most people I know or people on facebook or goal.com will clearly state these old cliches and myths about Serie A. Im not saying you do I was disagreeing with other peoples opinion of the EPL such as its perfect or its immune to problems.

Yes."Serie A is boring and they only have old players" is the cliche I meet the most in real life.Most football fans that I know in real life don't watch Serie A and didn't even try to see a game but they pretend to be sure that Serie A is an ugly championship.How foolish :facepalm:
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:25 pm

Wow this thread is self enjoyment by EPL haters.

Want some cream ??
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:31 pm

highburied wrote:Wow this thread is self enjoyment by EPL haters.

Want some cream ??

Right...now, where are EPL fans when needed? rofl
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:35 pm

vladdy wrote:
highburied wrote:Wow this thread is self enjoyment by EPL haters.

Want some cream ??

Right...now, where are EPL fans when needed? rofl

I dont debate.

Too lazy.

But ...
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:37 pm

Dnmac4 wrote:
vladdy wrote:Seriously, sophisticated tactial play in Bundesliga?The same with La Liga.The league where the first place wins only with 3 or 4 goals difference in almost all games, even against 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th place etc.And don't tell me about the exceptions because they are happening very rarely.If they don't win with a high score difference, the difference on the pitch is to high.Where are the opponents?What tactics do they have?In England the best teams struggle to win almost every game.The same thing is happening in Serie A.There, when the teams win it's almost everytime happening by one or two goals difference and the games are balanced.

[b]Why don't teams from La Liga and Bundesliga win against Serie A or EPL teams in European competitions with 4-0 everytime if they are that good?[/b]

Also I am not sure that Serie A or Bundesliga players are better when it comes about ball control and close passing.Think about Aguero, Silva, Tevez, Nasri, Nani, Rooney, Carrick, RVP, Lennon, Dembele, Dempsey, Suarez, Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Pienaar, Baines, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Marveaux etc. Those players are at a high level of ball control and passing.But the point is that having a lot of dramatic and tensioned games is what I find the most important aspect for being spectacular as a championship. I am not saying that EPL is perfect.I really appreciate class, regardless of championship.I am a real fan of Serie A and its teams.

And now back on-topic guys.If you don't like my post, try to ignore it.I really didn't want to bring again this eternal stupid fight caused by people's choices for their favourite leagues.The thread is about something else.

Can I please nominate this for the worst post I have seen in a very long time.

Man U who was champions of your league last year except for a Sergio Aguero goal in the last minute of the last game of the year got taken apart by Bilbao who didn't even qualify to the Champions League that year. They were an above average team in La Liga and over 2 legs they were beaten both times. And the football being displayed wasn't even close.

Chelsea who won the CL got thrashed terribly by Atletico Madrid 4-1 in the Super Cup. The game wasn't even competitive. IT was 3-0 in the first half for freaking sakes.

Atletico were putting players in with like 25 minutes left to get experience in a cup game.

City hasn't been able to get out of there group for the last two years and United didn't get out of a group of Basel, Benefica, Otelul Galati. That is one of the easiest groups I've ever seen.

And when United played Barca in the finals of the CL when it was actually 1 vs 1 they got there ass handed to them in games they were barley competitive.

You picked a really bad time for this post dude. Your teams are getting destroyed by average La Liga teams.

Ladies and Gents...

Im glad to present Second worst post ever!!!

Wink
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:18 am

vladdy wrote:
juveman17 wrote:Im not singling out anyone on this forum but most people I know or people on facebook or goal.com will clearly state these old cliches and myths about Serie A. Im not saying you do I was disagreeing with other peoples opinion of the EPL such as its perfect or its immune to problems.

Yes."Serie A is boring and they only have old players" is the cliche I meet the most in real life.Most football fans that I know in real life don't watch Serie A and didn't even try to see a game but they pretend to be sure that Serie A is an ugly championship.How foolish :facepalm:

Exactly that's what im saying there is a lot of ignorance among EPL fans because they get all cocky when speaking about their league
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by norton Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:34 am

Part of the problem is the constant cheer leading by the EPL media and announcers that go all out with the "best league in the world" thing. As they say, if you repeat something over and over again, people begin to believe it.

If you listen to the English announcers when EPL clubs play in the CL, besides their tremendous bias, you sense an amount of disbelief in their voices when their teams get soundly thrashed. (and we get English announcers here in the U.S.) The Juve-Chelsea game back in November was quite a spectacle. When Juventus went up 3 goals it was hilarious, it was like the announcers were looking for excuses as to why the European Champions could lose so badly to Juventus.

norton
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:05 am

English commentators supporting their own. I'm shocked.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:22 am

Dnmac4 wrote:
vladdy wrote:Seriously, sophisticated tactial play in Bundesliga?The same with La Liga.The league where the first place wins only with 3 or 4 goals difference in almost all games, even against 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th place etc.And don't tell me about the exceptions because they are happening very rarely.If they don't win with a high score difference, the difference on the pitch is to high.Where are the opponents?What tactics do they have?In England the best teams struggle to win almost every game.The same thing is happening in Serie A.There, when the teams win it's almost everytime happening by one or two goals difference and the games are balanced.

[b]Why don't teams from La Liga and Bundesliga win against Serie A or EPL teams in European competitions with 4-0 everytime if they are that good?[/b]

Also I am not sure that Serie A or Bundesliga players are better when it comes about ball control and close passing.Think about Aguero, Silva, Tevez, Nasri, Nani, Rooney, Carrick, RVP, Lennon, Dembele, Dempsey, Suarez, Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Pienaar, Baines, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Marveaux etc. Those players are at a high level of ball control and passing.But the point is that having a lot of dramatic and tensioned games is what I find the most important aspect for being spectacular as a championship. I am not saying that EPL is perfect.I really appreciate class, regardless of championship.I am a real fan of Serie A and its teams.

And now back on-topic guys.If you don't like my post, try to ignore it.I really didn't want to bring again this eternal stupid fight caused by people's choices for their favourite leagues.The thread is about something else.

Man U who was champions of your league last year except for a Sergio Aguero goal in the last minute of the last game of the year got taken apart by Bilbao who didn't even qualify to the Champions League that year. They were an above average team in La Liga and over 2 legs they were beaten both times. And the football being displayed wasn't even close.

Chelsea who won the CL got thrashed terribly by Atletico Madrid 4-1 in the Super Cup. The game wasn't even competitive. IT was 3-0 in the first half for freaking sakes.

Atletico were putting players in with like 25 minutes left to get experience in a cup game.

City hasn't been able to get out of there group for the last two years and United didn't get out of a group of Basel, Benefica, Otelul Galati. That is one of the easiest groups I've ever seen.

And when United played Barca in the finals of the CL when it was actually 1 vs 1 they got there ass handed to them in games they were barley competitive.

You picked a really bad time for this post dude. Your teams are getting destroyed by average La Liga teams.

The irony is deep in this sentence, before you attack vladdy's post you should consider what you written - most of it is nonsense

Man utd were second, City were champions. Bilbao beat the second strongest team in the EPL that's true, whatever this happens in the sport. EL for a team like Man Utd is also similar to lets say the capital one cup...

Chelsea who won CL.....This thread should never exist but Ok, you've contradicted yourself once again btw, why am I not surprised... The supercup wasn't competitive because as everyone knows it's an over glorified friendly who judges that shit? It's in the same mold as a community shield match - do you really believe if chelsea and athletico would meet now in a competitive match Ath wins by 3 goals?
Btw it's very similar to saying Spain who won the WC lost to Portugal 4-0 in the next meeting in a friendly.

City has had the toughest luck in group draws and they haven't the experience or reputation in Europe to see them through that bad luck. Yes Mancini's ability is in question for europe but its another matter.
Everyone knows last year was unusual for Utd it was the worst Utd side I've seen since Djemba Djemba - they've instantly fixed this.

Well getting to a final of a cl is a great achievement even if they lose to Barca (best team in history by many) what's your point? In the last 10 years we have 3 different English teams whose won the CL and 4 different English teams who reached a final & no that hasn't been done in that time span before, ever.

In the more immediate history, the last 5 years we have had 2 English CL winners and we have 3 English defeated finalist. Which is still very impressive, and the simple answer to this whole thread is Barcelona has denied Man utd 2 Cl wins which stopped total EPL dominance in europe.

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:26 am

vladdy wrote:My post can be the worst ever, but you didn't understand anything from it.

Man United lost against Bilbao and English teams have worse performances in Europe than 5-6 years ago and that's exactly why I have opened this thread.I have to say it again: have you read the previous posts in this thread?

Chelsea lost against Atletico but won a more important game against Barca.I know it didn't happen by playing an offensive football (Chelsea finished 6th in EPL last season), but they qualified in the final.So what? "Average team in EPL, like Bilbao is in La Liga" beats Barcelona.Doesn't prove anything.That doesn't mean that Barca isn't better than Chelsea.Same with United.Do you still believe that Basel are better than Man United? Laughing But in my opinion, there is no reason to argue about this.It is useless.You caused this by using inappropriate words when not needed.

If you can't give an answer to the thread's question, try to ignore it.

Man you are dense. No one said give an answer on how to fix this problem, in fact I believe it was you who started the thread.

Here's what you said in quote's.

"Where is the problem?Discuss together and find it!"

I gave you the problem. It's been obvious to non Premfaces for a long time.

If you want an answer then have England start developing talent at some sort of decent rate because right now they can barely have a league to call there own. IT's really the worlds league where players go to get paid.

There is nothing English about it except for the name and location of the teams.

And BTW the way you compare things is apples to oranges. If Chelsea destroyed Barcelona in a cup game with a trophy on the line the way Atletico did to Chelsea then I Would 100% say yes they are a better team. But that's not what happened.

Chelsea deserved the CL trophy no doubt but parking a bus and coming out with a win doesn't make you believe the better team won. Thrashing someone 4-1 with a 3-0 scoreline in the first half does.

I would say the same for Bilbao. Last year IMO Bilbao was better then Man U. They went into there house beat the stuffing out of them and played an open game and never even thought of parking a bus and then they played again at home and kicked there ass again.

The way to fix the problem is to buy more players from La Liga, because they are now the best players in your league. There you go, are you happy?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:41 am

Gemini wrote:
Dnmac4 wrote:

The irony is deep in this sentence, before you attack vladdy's post you should consider what you written - most of it is nonsense

Man utd were second, City were champions. Bilbao beat the second strongest team in the EPL that's true, whatever this happens in the sport. EL for a team like Man Utd is also similar to lets say the capital one cup...

Chelsea who won CL.....This thread should never exist but Ok, you've contradicted yourself once again btw, why am I not surprised... The supercup wasn't competitive because as everyone knows it's an over glorified friendly who judges that shit? It's in the same mold as a community shield match - do you really believe if chelsea and athletico would meet now in a competitive match Ath wins by 3 goals?
Btw it's very similar to saying Spain who won the WC lost to Portugal 4-0 in the next meeting in a friendly.

City has had the toughest luck in group draws and they haven't the experience or reputation in Europe to see them through that bad luck. Yes Mancini's ability is in question for europe but its another matter.
Everyone knows last year was unusual for Utd it was the worst Utd side I've seen since Djemba Djemba - they've instantly fixed this.

Well getting to a final of a cl is a great achievement even if they lose to Barca (best team in history by many) what's your point? In the last 10 years we have 3 different English teams whose won the CL and 4 different English teams who reached a final & no that hasn't been done in that time span before, ever.

In the more immediate history, the last 5 years we have had 2 English CL winners and we have 3 English defeated finalist. Which is still very impressive, and the simple answer to this whole thread is Barcelona has denied Man utd 2 Cl wins which stopped total EPL dominance in europe.

And LOL the tried and true EPL PREMFACE extreme excuse. The game didn't matter and our teams didn't try.

Why is it only EPL fans who drag this excuse out non-stop.?

A trophy was on the line, They put there best 11 out there and got killed. It was 3-0 at half and yes I think Atletico would beat them again if they played. There is no reason to think otherwise, is there?

This is such a tired excuse and to compare this game to the mickey mouse capitol one cup is going full retard. A lot of people don't even consider it winning a trophy as your the only league that has it.

Most of my friends who are EPL fans care nothing for that cup unless of course there team wins it. Then it becomes a big deal.

To get in the game Atletico and Chelsea played in you need to win the Champions League and the Europa league. I would say it's a little bit more significant then some dumb English tournament no one cares about.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3