How would your club do in another league?

+41
Le Samourai
guest7
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Vlad the Impaler
Arquitecto
Ion Creanga
FennecFox7
peerless
Rev
B-Mac
ioilersrock448
Toffer Harley
Motogp69
norton
REWB
urbaNRoots
Zero
free_cat
The Franchise
Abramovich
futbol
paperbackwriter
juventus101
fatman123
Valkyrja
S
Ali
AnJl
7amood11
CBarca
Amar
Cotes
Kaladin
Lupi
TalkingReckless
The Sanchez
barca 2011
rwo power
pUsHa
red&blacklegion
Onyx
45 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

How would your club do in another league? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would your club do in another league?

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:35 am

Giovonco lacking in football ability? Laughing

Gio would tear that league up for god sakes. Have you even seen him play..

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

How would your club do in another league? - Page 4 Empty Re: How would your club do in another league?

Post by 7amood11 Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:18 am

futbol wrote:
There wouldn't be a 30 point difference between Barca and Manchester United just like there is no 30 point difference between Barca and Real Madrid (except maybe this year Laughing).

Apart from this season, every year the number of points between 2nd and 3rd is huge. Last season it was 30 points, the year before in the 20s. Huge gap of quality right there. If you bring Barca into the PL, I highly doubt that such a gap would exist.

futbol wrote: But that's not the point. The point is that Premier League teams in general are tactically and technically inferior to their La Liga counterparts. Some recent EPL scorelines:

Reading - Manu 3:4
Swansea - Norwich 3:4
Reading - Arsenal 5:7
Arsenal - Tottenham 5:2
ManU - Newcastle 4:3
Norwich - ManCity 3:4
Chelsea - ManU 5:4
Stoke - Southampton 3:3
Chelsea - Aston Villa 8:0

How would Barcelona find it harder in such an environment than in La Liga? Quality-wise it's the worst Premier League I've ever seen. Every team is leaking goals for fun. United is leading the table comfortably despite conceding 28 goals halfway through the season.

Fair point about PL teams being tactically inferior, but quality wise they are still relatively good. Apart from this season, every year the PL has had a strong presence in the latter stages of European competitions.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:27 am

Giggity5313 wrote:Giovonco lacking in football ability? Laughing

Gio would tear that league up for god sakes. Have you even seen him play..

when did Giovinco become the italian messi? there are better players already in the PL who don't "tear the league apart"

just stop
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:27 am

Giovinco doesn't lack in ability but he lacks in a lot of other things which prevents him from reaching the level he should....

He wouldn't tear any major league up he's just not THAT good.

Also winning a league isn't about being better than someone else it's about being the most consistent and i think Man Utd's firepower would lead them to more points than what Juve could acquire.

Chelsea can win it, there's no reason why they couldn't but Juve would still be above them IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:26 pm

In the last year and a half (60+ games) we lost 3 games in all competitions. With that said, we are more consistent than United in my opinion. On top of being the better team overall, we win the Premier League.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:50 pm

Surag wrote:
Abramovich wrote:Top 2 in La Liga us or Barca

Top 2 in Germany

Winner of serie A

You wouldnt win Serie A.

So much wrong... lmao. How can you end up 2nd in La Liga when you can't even stop Falcao from trashing you? Laughing

I'm not sure if you would even get more points than Malaga ffs. As usual, your football knowledge is lacking.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:54 pm

juventus101 wrote:In the last year and a half (60+ games) we lost 3 games in all competitions. With that said, we are more consistent than United in my opinion. On top of being the better team overall, we win the Premier League.

Yes but you have drawn close to 30 games in that time lol.....

Man Utd would win more games due to their attacking threat they might lose more also but at the end of the day winning 2 games and losing 1 is better than winning 1 and drawing 2.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:18 pm

The first few pages of this thread
How would your club do in another league? - Page 4 DzcZR
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:14 pm

I agree with 7amood that Barça would have it a bit harder to win the EPL. We would be favourites, but wouldn't end the competition with around 100 points like in la Liga.
I think it's not arguable that the overall level of mid table and bottom teams in the EPL is higher than La Liga. Or at least it should definitely be higher comparing their budgets, wages, transfer paids and imported players.
However, we will never know unless Barça is kicked out of la Liga and moves to the Premier League once Catalunya becomes independent in 2014.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:55 pm

It should be higher, but I dont think it is.

No way to prove it or disprove it, but by watching I dont see it.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:31 pm

The way I see it it might be difficult to have to sort of records we generated this year in the EPL. The games are too haphazard and unpredictable, teams are too ready to mix it up tactically. They're not better , but they might be able to make it more difficult for bigger teams.

Watching United these days I think we would win the PL.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:15 am

Surag wrote:

Top 2 in Germany

Winner of serie A

You wouldnt win Serie A.

For crying out loud, Chelsea would blitz through Serie A... They have more chances of winning Serie A than fking Juventus winning the Premier... LMAO
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:20 am

Le Samourai wrote:The way I see it it might be difficult to have to sort of records we generated this year in the EPL. The games are too haphazard and unpredictable, teams are too ready to mix it up tactically. They're not better , but they might be able to make it more difficult for bigger teams.

Watching United these days I think we would win the PL.

until United wipe the floor with madrid in february :coffee:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:28 am

Juventus supports for some reason LOVE Giovinco. I'm not trying to start an argument here, but he has NEVER been anything "special". He is a good player, don't get me wrong. But, he has never really earned his spot at Juventus, way too small, not a natural finisher, and he was loaned/co-owned out most of his career. Right now they are looking for someone better than him. He is going to be 26 this month, and I just see him as being another Di Natale I'm afraid.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:53 am

The Sanchez wrote:
Surag wrote:

Top 2 in Germany

Winner of serie A

You wouldnt win Serie A.

For crying out loud, Chelsea would blitz through Serie A... They have more chances of winning Serie A than fking Juventus winning the Premier... LMAO

Indeed..Chelsea would 'blitz' through Serie A just like Chelsea would 'blitz' through pub sides like QPR..Oh wait.

Its my mistake to respond to a stereotype Barca fan who doesnt watch anything outside EPL and Barca.lol

Chelsea would never be provided open spaces in Serie A like they are in the Donkee league plus the fact that Serie A defenses although at a low atm is considerably better than their EPL counterparts.

I'll say it again if there's any league Juventus would do well out of the Top 3 leagues(BL,PL and La Liga) its the Premier League for me.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:51 am

Milantildeath wrote:Juventus supports for some reason LOVE Giovinco. I'm not trying to start an argument here, but he has NEVER been anything "special". He is a good player, don't get me wrong. But, he has never really earned his spot at Juventus, way too small, not a natural finisher, and he was loaned/co-owned out most of his career. Right now they are looking for someone better than him. He is going to be 26 this month, and I just see him as being another Di Natale I'm afraid.

please hes not fit to lace the boots of Di Natale

but yes according to Juve fans he is Italian Messi, just nobody knows this except them because they are wiser then all of us Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:05 am

Please show me a post where anyone called him 'The Italian Messi..Kindly
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:42 am

A lot of people seem to be underestimating Serie A teams, the league is extremly tactically driven. It would be hard to crack open some defenses. I think that some of the Serie A teams will give EPL teams a run for their money. (Not dissing)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:47 am

Yea, someone tell me when i ever said Giovinco is the Italian Messi or anything along those lines.

But to say he was never anything special shows me that you havent been watxhing dootball for long. In 08 he was being touted as Del Pieros heir and a true world class top player. In 09 he tore Chelsea a new one. At Parma he was amazing, and even attracted interest from Barcelona. Now jis finishing started out this season not so good as he looked nervous, but recently hes showing that hes actually a good finisher. The priblem is that hes so small. But his dribbling is world class. And hes still getting better each game. Were looking for a top striker because we meed that big.Target man style player. Also, i rate Vucinic higher than Giovinco. But to say Gio was never anything special is just ridiculous. And hes still not reached his peak yet.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:36 pm

The Franchise wrote:It should be higher, but I dont think it is.

No way to prove it or disprove it, but by watching I dont see it.

If midtable teams in PL are not overall better than midtable La Liga teams, this would be a complete and utter failure by english coaches, club directors and english football. They've got on average twice La liga midtable clubs resources and the exact same pool of players and coaches to choose from. Actually, PL clubs even have a bigger pool of players to choose from because they don't have any limits on foreign players unlike the limit of 3 in la Liga.

Anyway, only way to prove it would be to make a league vs. League tournament, like the Golf Ryder Cup style, but it will never exist...
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:28 pm

juventus101 wrote:Yea, someone tell me when i ever said Giovinco is the Italian Messi or anything along those lines.

But to say he was never anything special shows me that you havent been watxhing dootball for long. In 08 he was being touted as Del Pieros heir and a true world class top player. In 09 he tore Chelsea a new one. At Parma he was amazing, and even attracted interest from Barcelona. Now jis finishing started out this season not so good as he looked nervous, but recently hes showing that hes actually a good finisher. The priblem is that hes so small. But his dribbling is world class. And hes still getting better each game. Were looking for a top striker because we meed that big.Target man style player. Also, i rate Vucinic higher than Giovinco. But to say Gio was never anything special is just ridiculous. And hes still not reached his peak yet.

please i've been watching football since the 90's

and i watched Giovinco at u21's in sweden, along with Balotelli

and gio is what 26 almost.....he is in his prime years, and he hasn't become that special player he was touted as a youngster. All these next del piero comparisons are good and well but hes not fit to lace the boots of del piero at this point.

and to the italian messi comment, i never said u called him the italian messi, i simply meant you talk him up as if he is that special of a player when he simply is not
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:02 pm

I never talk up Giovinco. All ive ever said is that i rate him on the same level as Jovetic, below Vucinic.

And yes hes 26 but theres no set age for a prime. I think hes only going to get better. He still has the potential to become world class and to deny that is just ridiculous. Hes been getting better every game for us this season, yet is still probably not yet even at his Parma levels yet.

And if you watched the u21s years ago, you wouldve seen what Giovinco was capable of. He was excellent in that tournament. Italy as a whole were actually. Too bad some of them really flopped like Marco Motta.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:24 pm

Surag wrote:Please show me a post where anyone called him 'The Italian Messi..Kindly

http://www.goallegacy.net/t25946p18-el-shaarawy-vs-giovinco#774109 (post no 16)
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:17 pm

RealGunner wrote:
Surag wrote:Please show me a post where anyone called him 'The Italian Messi..Kindly

http://www.goallegacy.net/t25946p18-el-shaarawy-vs-giovinco#774109 (post no 16)

:bow:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:57 pm

juventus101 wrote:Yea, someone tell me when i ever said Giovinco is the Italian Messi or anything along those lines.

I've been watching football longer than you've probably been alive. Giovinco was never anything special.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:20 am

Gio is no way in hell on the same level as Jovetic.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next