LeVersacci
juventus101
Onyx
Valkyrja
crazzyblanco
106 posters

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

Real Madrid vs Manchester United - Page 16 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Manchester United

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:02 am

The Franchise wrote:You of course do not count. You would have Man Utd sign Rojo so you can choose him before you pick a non-Argentine. Laughing
Laughing

I would have Di Maria do all the hard work while I act as a tap in merchant from his crosses. CR7 + Benz + RVP don't stand a chance.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid vs Manchester United - Page 16 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Manchester United

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:03 am

Laughing

You? Yours telling me this?

Oscar > Neymar

Sturridge > Neymar

God knows how many obsence gems you have throw at us over your years here?

Not you guy lol

Your list of buffoonery is longer than the bible ffs.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:06 am

Gil wrote:Ronaldo isn't better than Iniesta.

You're by far the most biased poster on this forum and it isn't even close.

First you get in a pointless argument over Walcott rinsing Adriano, now this. Laughing

Btw anyone who thinks Ozil is better than Rooney is clinically insane. Ozil is the better creator and dribbler but that's about it.

I didn't actually say Ronaldo was better than Iniesta, it was just an example. They just can't be compared.

Being a good dribbler and creator is like 2 of the main attributes for the AM position.

Last edited by Yohan Modric on Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:06 am

Rooney is used better than Ozil. His coach puts him in positions to succeed.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:10 am

Le Samourai wrote:Rooney is used better than Ozil. His coach puts him in positions to succeed.

Maybe thats true.

Used better...is better.. Doesnt really matter.

The entire thing here started from was cyber listing the best players from each team...and not having Rooney directly because of Ozil cant happen in my opinion.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:12 am

Le Samourai wrote:Rooney is used better than Ozil. His coach puts him in positions to succeed.

If that helps you sleep at night I guess.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:15 am

Ozil is a better attacking midfielder than Rooney is though. The AM role isn't about finishing, it's about being creative, good dribbling, technique etc and Ozil is better at all of that than Rooney.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:23 am

Been so long since we played our feeder club Proud
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:27 am

HOLY CRAP THIS ISN'T A HARD CONCEPT

Let's take Kevin Nolan, and compare him to Rooney. Who is the better player?

Well...Rooney of course!

Now let's take a midfielder...hmm...let's say JDS from Barca. Is he better than Rooney? No.

So we logically concluded that Rooney is better than those two players. Let's now make the logical leap to a player like Ozil.

Is Rooney better than Ozil?

Why yes, yes he is.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:30 am

The Franchise wrote:

Maybe thats true.

The entire thing here started from was cyber listing the best players from each team...and not having Rooney directly because of Ozil cant happen in my opinion.

There are situations where Ozil would be more useful - situations where Rooney would be more useful. They're fundamentally different players - so that's natural. Because of their distinct talents Ozil is more useful in our setup - Rooney more useful in theirs.

You want to make a direct comparison - call Rooney better than Benz - their roles match up better. It's easier to make a direct comparison.

Cyber can follow the Idro and Juventus101 patented idiotic player comparisons imaginary combined 11's motif all he wants but it's utterly pointless when you're comparing players whose identities on the pitch are completely incongruent.

If everyone were to suddenly have an epiphany and say:

"YES I SEE THE LIGHT : ROONEY IS A BETTER FOOTBALLER THAN OZIL".

What does than do for anyone when analyzing the teams, the matches or the game? Noting.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:44 am

The Franchise wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:If it's just a basic comparison, then yeh, Messi's overall better than Iniesta. However that's without all the in depth stuff.

It's like saying Ronaldo's better than Iniesta overall, however not looking at the individual things Iniesta is better at than Ronaldo.

Why is Rooney better at AM than Ozil?

Thats not true though, Cristiano isnt better Laughing

:facepalm:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:12 am

Yohan Modric wrote:Ozil is a better attacking midfielder than Rooney is though. The AM role isn't about finishing, it's about being creative, good dribbling, technique etc and Ozil is better at all of that than Rooney.

While I love Ozil, and I wish he was playing for Bayern (I'll trade you Robben if you want), but I'm not sure I agree with most of this.

I'll give you the dribbling, but I think the key difference is that Ozil does it at a pace that Rooney can't replicate. Other than that I would rate them the same in terms of skill and class.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:30 am

Le Samourai wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Maybe thats true.

There are situations where Ozil would be more useful - situations where Rooney would be more useful. They're fundamentally different players - so that's natural. Because of their distinct talents Ozil is more useful in our setup - Rooney more useful in theirs.

You want to make a direct comparison - call Rooney better than Benz - their roles match up better. It's easier to make a direct comparison.

Cyber can follow the Idro and Juventus101 patented idiotic player comparisons imaginary combined 11's motif all he wants but it's utterly pointless when you're comparing players whose identities on the pitch are completely incongruent.

If everyone were to suddenly have an epiphany and say:

"YES I SEE THE LIGHT : ROONEY IS A BETTER FOOTBALLER THAN OZIL".

What does than do for anyone when analyzing the teams, the matches or the game? Noting.

The last few pages almost gave me cancer. This comment saved me and for that I thank you.

Also I don't know why you guys are wasting your time with Cyber Laughing He won't be here if United lose, there is no pay off for trash talking with him because he won't be here to eat his words.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:52 am

Ozil isn't a big game player ? :facepalm:
Rooney is a better footballer ? :facepalm:
Iniesta is better than Ronaldo ? :facepalm:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:54 am

Not one of those statements is facepalm worthy Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:00 am

How isn't Ozil a big-game player ? The only big match he flopped was the 0-5, in the rest he was one of the best players on the pitch.
Rooney isn't better than him. Like idiot said, he is a better scorer, and has a higher work rate.
Iniesta is not better than Ronaldo, never ever.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:50 am

I always hope the rags get battered but them winning may be good for us.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:58 am

Man, I hope the aftermath is as epic as Celtic/Juve Laughing

Champions League :bow: Making the forum fun again :bow:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:13 am

likeastar wrote:Iniesta is not better than Ronaldo, never ever.

Except in the 18 yard box, Iniesta's game everywhere else on the pitch is superior to Ronaldo's and by quite a distance. Passing, vision, control, touch, game intelligence, dribbling, dictating, linking up, getting out of tight situations. EVERYTHING. Except finishing. So, yes, Iniesta is a better footballer than Ronaldo. Not a better finisher but a better footballer. Why is this even a discussion? Benzema is a better footballer who has more to his game than Higuain. Higuain is a better finisher and better in the 18 yard box. Everyone sees the difference. Why should this be different with Ronaldo? Because he's wearing fancy hairstyles and is marketed higher?

In the words of jibbers: "Pls go".

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:20 am

Manchester Evening News' answer to Marca

Real Madrid vs Manchester United - Page 16 731076616
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:21 am

animal.crackers wrote:I always hope the rags get battered but them winning may be good for us.

mate, there is more chance of me having an orgy with Natalie Portman, Anne Hathaway, and Kate Winslet than City winning the league this year.

forget about United needing to lose 4 games, your team hasn't got the character or quality to go on a 12 game winning run, unlike last year. In fact you may get sucked into the top 4 fight, if you lose to Chelsea next week

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:23 am

Lex wrote:Whoever loses, i win.

:coffee:

That being said,for this forum's sake,i think Manu winning would be better. :fishing:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:27 am

Ronaldo is the better player, Ronaldo is a far away a better forward then Iniesta is a Midfielder. You don't cross examine abilities between two different positions. Using futbol's logic you can come to the conclusion that Iniesta is a better player than every defender/goalkeeper ever to play the game lol
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:57 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Di Maria of course.

prewch brother

DiMaria will silence all the haters tonight
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:59 am

How did this ended up being a player comparison thing?
Anyways… Here’s hopping for ManU dominating the field tonite
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:16 am

Getting back on topic here are some interesting facts:

The eight European Cup/Champions League encounters between Real Madrid and Manchester Utd have produced 31 goals (3.9/game).

Manchester Utd have never won away against Real Madrid (two defeats, two draws).

The Red Devils have conceded exactly three goals in three of their four trips to the Santiago Bernabeu.

Their last encounter was 10 years ago, in April 2003. Real Madrid won 6-5 on aggregate in the Champions League quarter-finals.

Manchester Utd have only won two of their 13 away Champions League games in Spain (seven draws, four defeats).

Real Madrid have only failed to score once in their last 31 Champions League games, that was against Barcelona at the Bernabeu in April 2011.

Since that semi-final when they failed to hit the back of the net against Barcelona, Real Madrid have scored 33 goals in nine Champions League games at the Bernabeu.

Real Madrid have failed to keep a clean sheet in this season’s competition. They have conceded nine goals in the Champions League this season, the most among the 16 teams qualified for the knockout stages.

Manchester Utd have conceded the opening goal in each of their last five Champions League games.

Real Madrid had the joint-most shots (incl. blocked) in the group stages this season, alongside Juventus (126). They’ve scored the most goals from outside the box (6).

Manchester Utd have seen their woodwork rattled five times, the most in the group stages this season.

Cristiano Ronaldo was the joint-top scorer in the group stages alongside Galatasaray’s Burak Yilmaz (6 goals).

Robin van Persie and Javier Hernandez have scored six of Manchester Utd’s nine goals in the Champions League this season (three each). All three of van Persie’s goals have come away from home.

Alex Ferguson has only won two of his 14 competitive encounters with Jose Mourinho (six draws, six defeats).
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 22 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 22  Next