VivaStPauli
Harmonica
Valkyrja
rwo power
BarrileteCosmico
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Best player not to win the Ballon  D'Or in the past 20 years Empty Best player not to win the Ballon D'Or in the past 20 years

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Limiting this to the past 20 years because SA players were not eligible before then, so it would come down to Garrincha, Maradona or Pele.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Best player not to win the Ballon  D'Or in the past 20 years Empty Re: Best player not to win the Ballon D'Or in the past 20 years

Post by rwo power Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:29 pm

Oliver Kahn in 2001 :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Best player not to win the Ballon  D'Or in the past 20 years Empty Re: Best player not to win the Ballon D'Or in the past 20 years

Post by Valkyrja Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Raul 2001
Henry 2004
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:46 pm

Henry, Maldini, Xavi, Iniesta.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:13 pm

Ballack.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:31 pm

Del Piero between 1996-1998 shouldve won it at least once. Also would have an argument in 2003. He's #1 in my opinion.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:46 pm

Laudrup, Scholes, Neymar
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:08 pm

Henry, Beckham, Van Nistelrooy

inb4iamapremface

B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:26 pm

Maldini, Totti, Nesta, Buffon, Pirlo..............I'm a bit bias. None the less they all should be considered.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:27 pm

jibers wrote:Laudrup, Scholes, Neymar

please, you're kidding right?
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:05 pm

Please, tell me, in which season was Scholes the best player in the world ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:16 pm

likeastar wrote:Please, tell me, in which season was Scholes the best player in the world ?

this thread isn't about who deserved it over who, it's simpy who is the best player to have never won it, doesn't mean whoever won ahead of them doesn't deserve it

before this turns into a butthurt fest
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:33 pm

If i could pick a top 3 . My choices would be Maldini , Henry and Totti .Those three players have been artists in their careers , sometimes for different reasons , sometimes for the exact same ones.

If i had to pick one , would be Maldini , both for bias and unbiased reasons. His legendary career commands me so . I had this idea one day , in how many classic games he has participated. And there are so many ,for both club and country .

When a man like Ferguson who has put his mark on football has said Maldini has always been his favourite , or Lippi who said he's one of the best he has ever seen ..

I can't but give it to Maldini , again , from both an unbiased and biased point of view.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:51 pm

Best player not to win the Ballon  D'Or in the past 20 years Meme10
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:52 am

Henry, noone else was robbed.

Some of the others named had a chance, but were not really robbed because they were never the best player in the world conclusively.

Henry is the only one who at some point was the best.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:17 am

I'm really surprised no one has mentioned Ibra yet, considering he has been very consistent and amongst the top 5 strikers in the world for much of the past 8 or so years. I don't see the lack of CL success as a detrimental factor - that didn't stop Ronaldo from getting it twice. I suppose you could make the argument that in none of the years he outshone the winner, which is true, but it still feels like a player of his class should've won it at least once, or at least been on the podium.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:21 am

The problem is, that there wasnt any one season Ibra was the best or performed the best.

Also Ronaldo dominated the WC, Ibra isnt able to do that. He barely is involved.

There was no one season where he deserved it, he is getting better if anything, he is a better player now than he was even at Inter I think.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:29 am

casillas

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:14 am

sneijder 2010
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:32 am

The Franchise wrote:Henry, noone else was robbed.

Some of the others named had a chance, but were not really robbed because they were never the best player in the world conclusively.

Raul deserved it more than Owen in 2000. You know it. Razz
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:53 am

There's a lot of great players it's difficult to choose from. Del Piero, totti, Zola, batistuta, Ibra, Henry, bergkamp, Raul, stojkovic, hagi, savicevic, riquelme, Xavi, scholes, pirlo, iniesta, amongst others. Choosing one from that list it's difficult, I guess my favourite as a player (putting aside arsenal bias) would be stojkovic, real talent
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:19 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Henry, noone else was robbed.

Raul deserved it more than Owen in 2000. You know it. Razz

2001 no?

Anyway, yes he did, but you know these stupid awards. Raul and Madrid finished 3rd in the league and despite winning the CL, one would probably argue that he wasnt the most important player in the competition. He was pretty far off the top scorer and only scored 2 goals in the knockout phases (1 in the final though)

01 was one of those incredibly odd years where there was no stand out best player, recent winners Figo and Rivaldo had lost a little something from their winning years. How Owen got it beats me, but Raul or Khan were worthy winners.

I think Owen won it because Liverpool won the " treble" of FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA Cup...goes to show how lame this award is honestly.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:41 pm

Maldini, Totti, Henry, Buffon for me.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:18 pm

The Franchise wrote:

I think Owen won it because Liverpool won the " treble" of FA Cup, League Cup and UEFA Cup...goes to show how lame this award is honestly.

Along with the international performances. Scored 11 goals for England i think including that goal against Argentina.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:00 pm

Intresting.

But still not good enough for "best player in Europe this season".

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next