OLpower
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

PSG vs Nice Empty PSG vs Nice

Post by OLpower Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:25 pm

Zlatan equalized but it was not enough for PSG to avoid the defeat. Laughing

Pastore was benched.

Paris has 26 points after 15 days, and is now 5 points behind OL.

Ancelotti is not doing good.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

PSG vs Nice Empty Re: PSG vs Nice

Post by Mr. Moratti Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:28 pm

Take Sneijder and give us Pastore...
Mr. Moratti
Mr. Moratti
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:29 pm

Lyon <3
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:33 pm

PSG is still the favorite for the title

I'm glad they are suffering atm, it shows the quality of the L1
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:48 pm

Carlo never was one for domestic leagues
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:49 pm

Ancelotti's teams all had one common factor between them (don't know about his Juventus team) and that was being inconsistent in the league . He always used to give his players much freedom on the field , whilst also bonding with some of his player-choices regardless the level of continuous suck and he's been bound to pay for it often during a season .

I am glad for his years at Milan but i was bursting in flames in his final months for these reasons. He's incampable of change as well , when he decides he doesn't like a player then that's about it , he's stubborn as hell.

I am going to be really surprised if he wins the league come May , even with Ibra in his team Laughing

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:59 pm

If Ancelotti does not win the French league with all the money spent since last year, it will be seen as a professional fault.

Being beaten by Montpellier las year was already bad but now, with Zlatan, Thiago Silva, the others and the time spent, it will be much worse.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:07 pm

Hate to say i told you so but....... league scrub Laughing

1 Scudetto in 9 years despite having a stacked team.....

Couldn't even get Chelsea in top 3 in second season despite having a stacked team again Laughing

Now has a 900m euro squad and can't beat Nice rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:18 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Hate to say i told you so but....... league scrub Laughing

Couldn't even get Chelsea in top 3 in second season despite having a stacked team again Laughing

Our squad by the last 3 years was an aging and injury ridden squad also affected by Calciopoli. Winning the league wasn't anywhere near as easy as it was said.

And Chelsea were 2nd and behind by 5 points to United in the season he was sacked, not out of the top 3. If it wasn't for Torres' best efforts to fail, then he surely could have won.

The squad spent a lot of money yet most of them are overrated and inconsistent youngsters/"superstars" who never were even that good to begin with.

If you don't count Thiago Silva their defence individually isn't even Top 4 ligue 1 material. That's how bad the backline really is.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:23 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Hate to say i told you so but....... league scrub Laughing

Our squad by the last 3 years was an aging and injury ridden squad also affected by Calciopoli. Winning the league wasn't anywhere near as easy as it was said.

And Chelsea were 2nd and behind by 5 points to United in the season he was sacked, not out of the top 3. If it wasn't for Torres' best efforts to fail, then he surely could have won.

The squad spent a lot of money yet most of them are overrated and inconsistent youngsters/"superstars" who never were even that good to begin with.

If you don't count Thiago Silva their defence individually isn't even Top 4 ligue 1 material. That's how bad the backline really is.

Sakho, Thiago Silva and Alex. Who have better CBs in France? Certainly not Lyon... Jallet and Van der Wiel are not bad players as well.

On paper, PSG has the better squad in Ligue 1, but still, they can't play as a team.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:30 pm

Jallet and VDW are AWFUL
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:31 pm

Frankly , if he fails to win them the league , he should get sacked the moment it gets official . He already got out of the cup , even though that means completely nothing to him , he most probably have preffered it this way Laughing

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:37 pm

Ganso wrote:Jallet and VDW are AWFUL

By league 1 standard, they have on paper the best defense, midfield and attack, though I would say that our midfield is currently better than them. They have by far the deepest squad.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:47 pm

OLpower wrote:
Ganso wrote:Jallet and VDW are AWFUL

By league 1 standard, they have on paper the best defense, midfield and attack, though I would say that our midfield is currently better than them. They have by far the deepest squad.

Like honestly , there will be no excuse available for them . I certainly don't support PSG in France , though i wish Ibra and Thiago well. But if they lose the league , they won't find space to hide behind their finger , they have everything available.

I've followed some of Lyon's games when i had the chance , because of Gourcuff mainly :bow: .. and i must say , Lacazette , Lovren , him and that other youngster you have in the midfield .. Lyon has a solid base again , things turning out this way, it's no surprise for me really.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:09 pm

There's no excuses.....

You name it PSG have a better player in every position and a back up in every position thats better than what anyone can claim....

If they won't win the league it's a massive failure.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:10 pm

PSG have by far the best squad by ligue one standards, for all the excuses about psg adopting a different style or whatever, they should really be winning the league
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:57 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:There's no excuses.....

You name it PSG have a better player in every position and a back up in every position thats better than what anyone can claim....

If they won't win the league it's a massive failure.

Mole I'll make this short since there isn't Nick and Gil to troll chat any more.

Believe it or not the fact is this team is nowhere near as good as you think.

Lets look at the squad:

Thiago Silva: Their single only capable CB but was missing for most of the league and is still not match fit despite playing.

Sakho: Talented but highly inconsistent and still a very raw CB.

Maxwell: Shit fullback. End of story.

Van der Weil: Awful fullback in every sense.

Jaillet: Decent in the attacking sense but too often beaten one on one along with mistake prone.

Alex: Is he really capable of defence bar his amazing free kicks? I've never seen a CB beaten so many times in the Ligue 1 so far as I have this trainwreck

Armand: Versatile but average.

Lugano:

Midfield:

Sissokho: Average and past it.

Motta: Injuries have made him inconsistent as he barely has been available.

Verrati: Full of talent and has been their 2nd best player and their only beacon of hope in midfield.

Matuidi: I don't rate him like you do as all he is too me is just a more refined Frimpong as his rashness and poor reading has cost PSG many times.

Menez: Highly talented but inconsistent as hell as any Roma fan would even tell you. Poor attitude.

Pastore: Need I say more?

Nene: Effective but limited player and doesn't suit Carlo's needs.

Lavezzi: Inconsistent but so good its an exception.

Ibra: Exception

Gamiero: Also inconsistent but exceptional as I rate him well.

Carlo's handpicked signings are Verrati, Silva and Menez while Ibra, Lavezzi Pastore etc were mostly Leo's choice as evidenced by their press conference pre-season.

If you look at their squad its full of players who are highly overpriced like Pastore, Menez along with other past it players who also went for a fair share. What the squad really is, is a squad with talent prone to inconsistency along with being unproven, new to the team and other factors. Carlo's failure to win the Ligue 1 WILL be a failure but not so much since he has been given time to perfect his system in compromise to even their league form. The team has improved every month as their first games I admit were awful.

Point being when the defence stops making such horrid individual mistakes people will focus on how well their team has played.

Yes their squad is better than the ligue 1's but nowhere near to how it is stated as the price and names (on paper) of the players is highly deceiving. The team is relatively new and barely has chemistry along with balance. Nick laughs at my statement on their lack of depth but the fact is their depth also is deceiving as the players simply aren't very good.

I will admit Carlo's biggest failures himself have been his failure to address the lack of the team width along with player positioning and their best roles but most of his mistakes are incidental compared to the infuriating inconsistencies and failures of the players he has given so much faith too.

Ligue 1 isn't over so we'll see how it pans out.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:58 am

Mr. Moratti wrote:Take Sneijder and give us Pastore...
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:06 am

Arq while you make some good points on some of the players they are still comfortably better than the majority of Ligue 1.

And i agree the depth is not as strong as the money spent says but it's still stronger than anyone in the league.

Obviously there's a long way to go but as it stands if PSG don't win the league i consider it a massive failure.

You know i have stated my opinion on Ancelotti many times before i just don't think his strengths lend well with the marathon which is a league campaign and he's much better suited to knockout competitions.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:21 am

Is paid 13.5m euros to lose to the likes of Nice and Rennes rofl

Jokes aside i believe it will be a travesty if PSG dont win the league this year.

Lack of depth is hardly an excuse..They probably have the biggest squad in the league.They might have a lot of scrubs and few weak positions in their side but for Ligue 1 standards they are still better than the rest.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:56 am

damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I really can't find a f**k to give Laughing
Well Done Nice?
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:13 am

Shows how well Allegri did with Ibra + Silva & less depth in a more competitive league.

Ancelotti and Leonardo Rolling Eyes
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:44 am

I really really hope OL win this year, i felt bad when they slipped off the radar these last couple of years.

And is Ibra feeling the years get to him? I think he is such a force that even with a substandard team and an average manager he should be carrying any League 1 team on his shoulder, more then he already is.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:25 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Mole I'll make this short since there isn't Nick and Gil to troll chat any more.

Believe it or not the fact is this team is nowhere near as good as you think.

Lets look at the squad:

You take a look at their squad, but you are looking at them like if they were competing with Real Madrid or Manchester. But they aren't.

If we look their squad:

Defense: Thiago Silva, Sakho, Alex, Jallet, Wan Der Viel, Armand, Thiéné, Camara, Maxwell

Solid list. They have by far the most options of the leagues. If we compare to us, our most experienced CB is a PSG reject (CB), they were interested in Reveillere for finding a Jallet back up and we tried to get Armand but were unsuccessfull. Ok, our defense is our weak points, but PSG still top all other teams in term of defensive options and players.

Miedfield: Matuidi, Sissoko, Chantome, Verrati, Pastore, Bodmer, Motta, Nene

They have it. Depth and quality. They can field 3 completely different midfield that would be among the best in Ligue 1 on paper. It is almost overloaded and there is probably a lack of automatisms as so much players can play instead another.

We have Malbranque, Gonalons, Grenier, Gourcuff in the midfield which is currently playing much better than the one of PSG, but our depth are Fofana and Mvuemba...

Attack: Ibrahimovic, Menez, Gameiro, Hoarau, Lavezzi, Luyindula

They have the best striker in Ligue 1, two other proven strikers in the Ligue and two supposed top wingers that are failing to perform.

That's where we are the closest on paper with Lisandro, Gomis, Bastos, Lacazette, Briand and some young players like Benzia.

They have without any debate the best squad all around in the ligue by a good margin.

But this patchwork of players is not a team at the moment.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:28 pm

chinomaster182 wrote:I really really hope OL win this year, i felt bad when they slipped off the radar these last couple of years.

And is Ibra feeling the years get to him? I think he is such a force that even with a substandard team and an average manager he should be carrying any League 1 team on his shoulder, more then he already is.

Ibrahimovic is absolutely carrying PSG this season. Without him, they would be nothing more than a midtable team the way they are playing.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next