Italy Breaks Records: Their Best Qualifying Capagin in WC and Euro History and Have the Best Defensive Record Currently

+12
Luca
Eivindo
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Arquitecto
wigglesworth
I-no
Albiceleste
Vibe
Ganso
Internal
Art Morte
CroInter
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Italy Breaks Records: Their Best Qualifying Capagin in WC and Euro History and Have the Best Defensive Record Currently  Empty Italy Breaks Records: Their Best Qualifying Capagin in WC and Euro History and Have the Best Defensive Record Currently

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:15 pm

Cesare Prandelli set a new record for Italy’s best qualification campaign

The Azzurri are practically in Euro 2012 thanks to 19 points in seven games, a new record in European or World Cup qualifying.

They also conceded only one goal, giving Italy the best defence in all the Euro 2012 groups.

If Italy keep a clean sheet for the opening eight minutes of Tuesday’s game against Slovenia, they will set another new record.

Cesare Maldini’s Azzurri went 708 minutes without conceding in the qualifiers for the 1998 World Cup, whereas Prandelli’s side are now on 700 minutes and counting.

Last edited by sciacca on Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Italy Breaks Records: Their Best Qualifying Capagin in WC and Euro History and Have the Best Defensive Record Currently  Empty Re: Italy Breaks Records: Their Best Qualifying Capagin in WC and Euro History and Have the Best Defensive Record Currently

Post by CroInter Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:23 pm

Ranocchia doing his job well i see, nice :coffee:
CroInter
CroInter
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Italy Breaks Records: Their Best Qualifying Capagin in WC and Euro History and Have the Best Defensive Record Currently  Empty Re: Italy Breaks Records: Their Best Qualifying Capagin in WC and Euro History and Have the Best Defensive Record Currently

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:25 pm

CroInter wrote:Ranocchia doing his job well i see, nice :coffee:

Ranocchia what a monster !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:31 pm

Group F

Paraguay 5 pts
Slovakia 4 pts
New Zealand 3 pts
Italy 2 pts
:coffee:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:33 pm

Art Morte wrote:Group F

Paraguay 5 pts
Slovakia 4 pts
New Zealand 3 pts
Italy 2 pts

Once again 2010 Bias :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Internal Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:41 pm

Art Morte wrote:Group F

Paraguay 5 pts
Slovakia 4 pts
New Zealand 3 pts
Italy 2 pts

Troll on
Internal
Internal
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:42 pm

Cassano doing his job well,i see :coffee:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:44 pm

Haven't played a decent game with Serbia yet :coffee:
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:44 pm

Ganso wrote:Cassano doing his job well,i see :coffee:

Lippi was a fool :coffee:

Ranocchia is a Monster ! :bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:36 pm

I see the might Faroe Islands haven't given Italy much trouble, surprisingly :coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:I see the might Faroe Islands haven't given Italy much trouble, surprisingly :coffee:

Historically speaking, Italy are always poor in this month :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:40 pm

sciacca, the past teams were all better. Im just happy the new team puts in a effort, with some counterattack football we might win something.prandelli is a good coach not a coward like lippi.

Last edited by I-no on Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:42 pm

I don't think that this team is any less talented than the 2006 team.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:43 pm

wigglesworth wrote:I don't think that this team is any less talented than the 2006 team.
pirlo by miles then cannavaro and zambrotta

Last edited by I-no on Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:43 pm

I-no wrote:sciacca, the past teams were all better. Im just happy then new team puts in a effort, with some counterattack football we might win something.prandelli is a good coach not a coward like lippi.

I'm not claiming this team is better then others, though it's still a great side nonetheless, we can't determine that now as most of them are young and some are on the verge of being World Class and other have lots of potential. Though, if we speak about the past, this squad already beats 2010 and 1986, not to mention sadly the squad we had back when most of our squad died because of a plane crash. Lippi was stubborn, but he did manage us 2006... I wouldn't go to that extent. Prandelli is a great coach though, without a doubt, he likes youth, has passion, uses modern tactics and does not rely on mostly on 30 year olds. As for the counterattack, I wish, we're past that now, hate to say it, but we won't see it under Prandelli.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:44 pm

wigglesworth wrote:I don't think that this team is any less talented than the 2006 team.

I completely agree, the only problem is our fullbacks. It just does not compare to what we had in 2006.

Wiggles :bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:45 pm

I-no wrote:
pirlo

Bah, I might as well say Buffon, though Pirlo is currently on fire, so who knows how good he may be... hey he might be the same like he use to if he keeps this up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:14 pm

Not surprised.

Cesare has brought back pride and identity back to the peninsula with his open-minded yet superbly detailed approach the game.

I called him earlier a man is an absolute tour-de-force of a coach who has proven he is the right man for Italia.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:15 pm

Only because of the post :coffee:

Poor Edmundsson Sad
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglesworth Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:56 pm

I-no wrote:

Pirlo is on this team and is just as talented as he was before. Chiellini, and Rannocchia Bonucci Criscito are young but are very talented.
wigglesworth
wigglesworth
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:04 am

wigglesworth wrote:
I-no wrote:

Pirlo is on this team and is just as talented as he was before. Chiellini, and Rannocchia Bonucci Criscito are young but are very talented.

Chiellini is 27, but is at his best. Ranocchia is growing and trust me, he will be the next big thing. Criscito, he's more like a one hit wonder, I'm still waiting on Santon

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:29 am

And we are all waiting for Abate....
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:38 am

Eivindo wrote:And we are all waiting for Abate....

We're breaking records without him :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:43 am

Eivindo wrote:And we are all waiting for Abate....

Define "we" if you are referring to Milan fans then yes, you guys are waiting

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next