Swanhends
Rev
Art Morte
RED
Great Leader Sprucenuce
22 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Parboo Out ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Parboo Out !

Post by RealGunner Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:59 pm

Wenger gtfi for Jonas and Shane

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:06 pm

Genuinely surprised by Newcastle's (Pardew's) downward spiral. Frankly I always rated him as a solid tactician with excellent leadership abilities to bring the best out of players who he grooms yet I just can't figure out his motives/reasoning behind this. Either he has very little trust in his players capabilities or just Roy Hodgson kidnapped and brainwashed him. I still stand by that Pardew is fit to lead Newcastle due to his impressive all round capabilities yet I wouldn't condemn his sacking mainly due to a very reasonable Mole's frustration. That, and this primitive methodology of football going on all too long for Newcastle along with hindering each and every players progress/ability bar Demba Ba maybe.

If he reviewed his tactics he would have known Santon has a poor partner too overlap with hence the lack of final product along that Santon needs more freedom in another formation. He would know that HBA as a fullback is not the right idea as if anything, HBA is more effective in a free role down central similar to how SES drifts in central outside the box and combines with Bojan/Pato/Robinho etc. Why is Cisse playing in a hoofball system when he would thrive on ground when chances are created on ground? Why is Ba continuing to play despite hindering the general play of Newcastle? Why is Cabaye so incredibly deep and restricted? I cannot fathom such a drop in tactical astuteness as it perplexes me to think this is the same Pardew I rated so highly last year. Something must be done, something must be wrong.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:22 pm

Good post Arq.

Honestly i don't think Ba has to be dropped for an improvement in style, if Ba doesn't play and if Ba does play the same shit is served up atm.

I see no reason why we can't play a style that suits the team and still play Ba.

His overall negativity, poor tactics and style of play is a burden on the team at the moment and i hope he turns it around because i'd rather keep him but if he can't turn it around then i don't want to risk our PL status.

But i should mention a few things..... Players are not working very hard and seem to not care as much.

I think this hasn't something to do with the promises he gave to the likes of Cabaye, Anita and Ben Arfa that would play pass and move to get them to joined instead of this stoke crap.

The players now see through his lies and i think they are losing faith in him.

Just an opinion but i think its quite possible he is losing the dressing room.

We definitely don't seem to be as together as we was last season anyway.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:50 pm

TBH, I actually like Cabaye in that deeper play-maker role. With other creative players further forward (Ben Arfa) he doesn't have to play in-the-hole behind the strikers and can control the game from a little deeper. It’s the role he plays for France, and it’s a role he can excel at. Therefore, I like seeing him played alongside Tiote in a two-man midfield or as the higher player of a true midfield three, such as one of these two set-ups:
-----------Cisse
----------Ben Arfa
Marveaux--------Gutierrez
--------Cabaye-Tiote

or

-----------Cisse-
Gutierrez-------Ben Arfa
----------Cabaye
--------Tiote-Anita

Just to clarify, the excuses I listed previously are things I expect to hear, not things I honestly think have affected the play. I would agree that Pardew is something of a stereotypical English Gaffer in regards to his style. Unfortunately, as others have pointed out, the squad doesn’t really lend itself to the tactics he wants to play. It’s an interesting conundrum for Newcastle. They have to choose to either buy for the manager’s tactics, or switch managers to suit the current players’ preferred style. Certainly, one option seems to be the simpler. However, Ashley has just made a very public demonstration of his commitment to Pardew and consistency in management. I’m sure he could get out of the contract, but I have to think even Ashley understands the duplicity of such a decision.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:53 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Rodgers gtfi in for Santon and Ben Arfa

You couldn't afford them mate, plus you are not in a much better position anyway Razz

Couldn't afford them my arse. They might not want to move to Pool since we aren't in a better position but it's not a question of not affording them.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:18 am

DROR Cabaye playing the playmaker role deep and playing so deep he's basically standing on Coloccini's toes is another thing entirely and because of the long ball style we hardly use him so he's restricted to being just a ball winner.

Which is why he wins more tackles than he does play passes.

It's a question of roles rather than position although it is position too...

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Rodgers gtfi in for Santon and Ben Arfa

You couldn't afford them mate, plus you are not in a much better position anyway Razz

Couldn't afford them my arse. They might not want to move to Pool since we aren't in a better position but it's not a question of not affording them.

Honestly it depends on what type of fee we would demand.... if we demanded Carroll like fee's would you go that far to get those players? i some how doubt you would.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:20 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Good post Arq.

Honestly i don't think Ba has to be dropped for an improvement in style, if Ba doesn't play and if Ba does play the same shit is served up atm.

I see no reason why we can't play a style that suits the team and still play Ba.

His overall negativity, poor tactics and style of play is a burden on the team at the moment and i hope he turns it around because i'd rather keep him but if he can't turn it around then i don't want to risk our PL status.

But i should mention a few things..... Players are not working very hard and seem to not care as much.

I think this hasn't something to do with the promises he gave to the likes of Cabaye, Anita and Ben Arfa that would play pass and move to get them to joined instead of this stoke crap.

The Special 2 :bow:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:22 am

Well Santon did say there was a lot of similarities between the two Razz

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:09 am

Strama gtfi for Goodbaye
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:36 am

I was criticized on this forum for saying that Newcastle overachieved last season.

They weren't that great. They were good yes, but they weren't as good as people were making them out to be. They were never going to challenge for a CL place nor a Europa imo. They just exploited the teams that were playing poor last season.

Pardew won't get sacked. He's good friends with Ashley and Ashley won't sack him after Pardew signed a 7 year contract.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:29 am

Not really things have changed this season.....

And we exploited that teams were playing poor? i don't if you have noticed but West Brom are in the top 4 atm.

And Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs are hardly performing any better some would argue worse.

I might accept Pardew overachieved but not the players..... if you watched us on a regular basis there's a fundamental tactical problem.

I will accept also that over the season last season we didn't perform that well until we switched to 4-3-3 the difference being as we had a player who could hold the ball up to fit into Pardew's long ball mentality.

Anyway if any one thinks this is a case of "second season syndrome" then you clearly have not watched us.

This is a case of a manager playing a style of football which doesn't suit the players he has.

Also Pardew won't get sacked? Pardew is good friends with Ashley?

Firstly that's never been proven and secondly if we are at risk of relegation with the new TV deal coming in next season Ashley won't put that at risk for any friendship.

There's no reason why we shouldn't be contending for Europe again tbh i mean f*cking Everton and West Brom are at the moment and quite frankly we have better players than both them teams.

The difference? Pardew is insisting we play like Stoke with players like Cisse, Marveaux, Anita, Cabaye, Santon, Ben Arfa, Ba etc etc and those teams managers are setting their teams up in a style which suits their teams.

I mean we made Southampton look like Real Madrid today ffs this is a result of Pardew being clueless when it comes to tactics, game plan , style of play etc etc rather than the players fluking one season and not being good enough.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:48 am

Every team that was destined to finish on the top of the table bar the Manchester sides didn't perform as they were expected too in the last season. Newcastle was in theory supposed to finish anywhere from 8th to 12th. They were (are?) a mid-table side. Hence you overachieved finishing 5th or 6th in the last campaign.

I really cannot see Pardew getting sacked. Especially after getting a long-term contract. Ashley will not pay the compensation so unless somebody buys your club I see you lot sticking with Pardew.

I'm not a fan of Everton (obviously :p) but that's not true mate. You're either overrating NU or underrated Everton. I find both sides very familiar.

Pardew is no tactical genius - that much is obvious. Now I'm not saying the manager doesn't deserve to be blamed, but you can't NOT fault the players. Most of your players have been lazy and look nothing like the side that you had last season.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:47 pm

I personally think the lowest we should be finishing is 8th anything less with the players we have is quite frankly a massive failure....

As i said if i we are in danger of relegation there's no way Ashley will risk losing out on the TV money increase that will come in next season.

Also as for the 8 year contract as i said before that won't stop us from any sacking.... that thing will be riddled with clauses, Ashley is not stupid he would never give someone an 8 year contract without something to cover his back.

As for Everton they are similar yes but the fact is we are closer to Reading than we are to them which is where we should be in reality we should be up there with Everton challenging for european places.

Also i agree that the players have been lazy but surely the manager has to take blame for that too....

I do fault the players but a lot of it is down to Pardew... his coaching, tactics, gameplan, playing style and out right lies are all to blame for this current situation we find ourselves in.

As i said i hope he turns it around because that's a better outcome than any sacking but as each week passes it seems more and more likely he's incapable of realising what the problems are and acting upon on it.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:13 pm

Last season Newcastle were quite lucky tbh.Always scoring the first goal and most of their fkey players safe from injury.

If i am not mistaken Newcastle havent won a game for 2 years when they have gone behind.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:51 pm

I wouldn't say we was lucky with injuries....

Ben Arfa wasn't fit till the new year, Taylor was out from Christmas onwards, Tiote missed around 15-20 games.

Coloccini was out for quite a few games and there was a few others plus squad players like Sammy Ameobi and Marveaux ( who IMO should start) was out long term.

Ok we have suffered more from injuries this season but this season has been ridiculous we are without over 10 first team players.

I don't consider scoring first lucky either i'd consider it efficient ok we didn't play that great football for majority of the season but we was efficient and we played in a style that suited us.

First half of the season we was very direct but seemed to have an idea how we was going to play with Obertan and Jonas running the flanks and Best as the battering ram centre forward and Ba playing off him.

Then in the final few months we switched to 4-3-3 and a quick passing style which led to 7 wins in a row.

This season is different we are trying to play like Stoke with players who don't have a clue how to play like that and look lost and it's all been a disjointed mess.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:01 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Good post Arq.

Thanks Mole and lovely response.

I might be being harsh on Ba then as despite his excellent conversion rate for Newcastle I just have some qualms with him. I'm sure he would thrive in a more technically challenging system though.

As for Cisse and Ba, Ba and Cisse... I don't rate one over the other. Both are excellent strikers who excel in some strengths over one another and weaknesses respectfully so I will not compare them. Although Ba clearly does suit this system better.

Its quite worrying to hear that the player seem visually demotivated and seem to lose faith in him as this is a sure sign that either he must keep up to his promise or resign quietly. I still feel Pardew can turn it around tactically or in any other factor yet I have to side with you that his time is running out. Its quite frustrating I can understand.

Its a testament to Newcastle that a side I enjoyed watching last year doesn't interest me as much this year mainly due to the archaic style and injustice caused to players and their respective positions.

My question is though, who would be your top 3 replacements/choices to replace Faildew?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:13 pm

As for as managers already working in England.... Martinez or Jol.

But honestly i think due to our more continental set up these days i think a Coach would be more suited to take over if Pardew can't turn things around rather than a manager.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:54 pm

It's so premature to be talking about Parwed replacements it's not even funny...

Newcastle need to be in relegation spots in March for him to get sacked.

He got appointed for a guy who was doing a perfectly good job, is friend of the board and has just been given an 8-year contract. Pointless to talk about his successors in this moment in time.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:09 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Newcastle need to be in relegation spots in March for him to get sacked.

By then it might be not too late to stay up but it will be too late to convince the players you are going somewhere and half the squad will be sold in the summer.

If we are in the relegation zone in March then we will lose practically all our best players come to the summer no doubt about it.

How are we supposed to convinced the likes of Cisse, Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Anita, Santon, Krul and even Coloccini to stay on if we are battling relegation all season because of an inept manager?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:18 pm

He's not inept, just stubborn.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:22 pm

RealGunner wrote:He's not inept, just stubborn.

I'm not sure tbh i mean used to think so but he doesn't seem to even know what the problems are.

His soundbites are just galling to read at the moment blaming the Europa League when most of the first team don't play and blaming injuries when the performances have been poor and more important the style and his tactics have been poor all season long.

He doesn't seem to know what to do or how to do it, i want him to turn it around i really do but he's not exactly inspiring me with confidence.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Really getting tired of this crap if we lose at Home to Wigan on Monday and he doesn't go we will go down.

Smacks of 09....

At least if we go down we might win a trophy i suppose Rolling Eyes
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:36 pm

What's wrong with losing away at Stoke on a cold night. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:42 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:What's wrong with losing away at Stoke on a cold night. :coffee:

2 goals in the last 10 min ( 81' and 85 ' )
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:48 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:What's wrong with losing away at Stoke on a cold night. :coffee:

4th defeat in a row and those teams was Swansea, West Ham, Southampton and Stoke...

We don't even look like winning against some of the worst teams in the league.

Relegation is upon us.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:51 pm

Don't worry Mole, You will play us and you will be back to your best. We are good at resuscitating shit teams, we gave Norwich a new lease of life and Drew against Villa who went to beat reading Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum