The Franchise
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Abramovich
Casciavit
S
12 posters

Go down

Who's better ?

Yaya Toure vs Arturo Vidal  Vote_lcap46%Yaya Toure vs Arturo Vidal  Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 11 ]
Yaya Toure vs Arturo Vidal  Vote_lcap54%Yaya Toure vs Arturo Vidal  Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 24

Yaya Toure vs Arturo Vidal  Empty Yaya Toure vs Arturo Vidal

Post by S Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:52 pm

hmm
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Yaya Toure vs Arturo Vidal  Empty Re: Yaya Toure vs Arturo Vidal

Post by Casciavit Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:15 pm

Good thread, quite tricky hmm
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:37 pm

Very close, i really like and rate Vidal but i think Yaya edges it.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:41 pm

Despite both being box to box midfielders they both couldn't be more different.

But i think i'd rather have Vidal.... Yaya is a more consistent passer and better threat going forward but Vidal is so much better defensively that i prefer him.

Basically Vidal is closer to Yaya offensively than Yaya is to Vidal defensively.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:03 pm

Better threat going forward ?

Vidal is our joint top scorer with 9 goals and has more assists than Yaya too.Just saying.

Also Yaya's workrate in comparison to Vidal is pretty pathetic tbh.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:05 pm

Yaya has been shat this season tbf i'm talking about Yaya at his best and Vidal at his best.

Yaya is comfortably a more dangerous attacker but as i said the gap between Vidal and Yaya as an offensive force is much smaller than the gap between Yaya and Vidal defensively and as you quite rightly point out work rate too.

Which is why i prefer Vidal.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:56 pm

Yaya is better with the ball, composure, ability to pick a pas, making the right choices. No doubt about that to me. He also can (or used to) drive forward with the ball very well, much better than any other mid of this kind.

But, Yaya has given up defensively and work rate wise. He looks considerably slower than his Barca days thats for sure.

Different players really. When you have a Pirlo, someone with vision who makes plays. You obviously want the worker around him, not the guy who also makes passes but is lazier.

If you already have a energetic or at least a holding player then Yaya to me is who you want.

I wouldnt want to pair say Vidal and Ramires together, but I would pair Yaya and Ramires.

I wouldnt want to pair Yaya and Alonso together, but I would pair Alonso and Vidal.

I think overall though you might find it easier fitting Yaya in, because energy guys are easier to find than tremendous ball dominating players.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:14 pm

Vidal is so much more than just an energy guy though.....

He was an AM at Leverkusen he can play and score goals among many other things.

Same goes for Marchisio tbh he's more than just energy.

They are not like Ambrosini and Gattuso who were you could argue were energy guys.

They can link play, they can dribble, they can create and score goals etc etc.

I'm sure you are aware of this but none the less i don't like saying Vidal used in the term " energy guy " when he's so much more than that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:20 pm

I didnt mean he was JUST an energy guy, but I would say thats his strongest quality and I wouldnt pair him with an energy guy because you would have troubles constructing play.

He can finish too, he is dynamic, no doubt about it. But the main constructor of play, he isnt that guy.

I could easily see him playing the attacking mid role in the right team, he has dynamism and in todays game that can be very useful. KBP has made his name off that, now without Ibra there is noone to facilitate what he does well and no surprise he is struggingly bad.

Anyway, bit off topic. Vidal isnt just an energy guy, he is no Khedira or Keita..I mean the dude can play and does play centerback. However, constructor of play is something different, and he isnt the guy I want doing that.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:26 pm

Agree with that.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:30 pm

Except that Boateng was hardly creating plays when Ibra was around although he was scoring important goals for them..

Whereas we've seen Vidal do that successfully at Bayer 04 and even at Juve at times..He has a very good through ball for example..He's the complete package for me.

Anyways this thread was about who is the better B2B midfielder since i assume Yaya plays a similar role at City.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:38 pm

I think their roles are very different like Mole said
Definitely Vidal defensively, his work rate, marking and tackling are some of his best qualities

Offensively, Vidal is quite the goal threat and does make some assists but I would say that Yaya is more composed on the ball

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:41 pm

I am not saying Vidal is Boateng, not as good as Boateng or even plays the same way.

What I was saying is Boateng can use dynamism and energy alone to be effective as a attacking midfield if the situation is right...so it doesnt surprise me that Vidal is capable to using a similar dynamic style.

Anyway, Vidal is a great player, but being an all rounder doesnt always mean you excell at everything..it can mean you do lots of things well, could mean you do somethings excellently and other things decently...many ways you can be called an all arounder.

I think Yaya can play that role for City, but it depends on who else is playing. Juve have a very standard way of playing, as in you know most of who will play, how they will play and so on.

Man City are constantly changing formation or players and because of that, one day Yaya is a number 10, one day he is a holding midfielder and another day he is he is a midfielder runner who struggles getting back into position.

Vidal's energy alone makes him better at getting up and down the pitch, but like anyone, who I would rather have depends on they playing with.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:03 pm

Both are among the top CMs in the world, but i would take Vidal over him any day.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:33 pm

Can't decide who is better

But i would take Vidal over yaya as well
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:44 pm

Vidal. Yaya has become a lazy sloppy mess. What ever drills that made him great at Barcelona, it has left him.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:39 am

jibers wrote:Vidal. Yaya has become a lazy sloppy mess. What ever drills that made him great at Barcelona, it has left him.

No he still has it. but , just like D.silva, Mancini's tactis don't suit him atm .

Yaya has being doing good for a little bit longer than Vidal so Yaya IMO

but it's close
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:15 am

Good comparison thread Thumbs up

I think that Vidal is the better player now. When Yaya became more attacking at Man C he sacrificed his defensive qualities, whereas Vidal has added a more offensive element to his game this season whilst also being defensively proficient.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:26 pm

You guys are talking about players who are just too far apart in age IMO. Yaya is a couple months shy of 30 and Vidal is 25.

Vidal is in his Prime while Yaya is entering into the end of his prime. During Yaya's prime though he was unplayable IMO and could play any position on the field including defender in the Champions league final against a Man U team with Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez and didn't take a wrong step all game.

I know Vidal is versatile too but with Yaya's size he is just the type of player that you don't see very often. Plus during Yaya's prime he won a boat load of titles and IMO he was the key player in City's FA and league cup wins.

Vidal is great too but I just see Pirlo as the one who drives Juve to the level they are at now.

It's just my opinion but Yaya does tend to get lazy from time to time but when he wants to go 100% he is such a handful in so many different ways from destroying another teams midfield to playing a 40 yard inch perfect pass for a goal to making a 40 yard run with players basically falling off of him to score a goal to being able to play almost every role in midfield. Not to mention he is great in the box against corners and vice versa when he is on offense during a corner kick or you can slot him in in defense if you like.

My pick obviously would be Yaya but Vidal has the next 5 years to prove me wrong as he is just entering his prime.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down