Agent defends Giovinco after jeers

4 posters

Go down

Agent defends Giovinco after jeers  Empty Agent defends Giovinco after jeers

Post by DeviAngel Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Sebastian Giovinco’s agent is confident he will get back in shape and win over the Juventus fans after he was jeered.

The Atomic Ant missed several great scoring opportunities in Saturday’s 0-0 draw with Lazio and was insulted by a group of supporters who wanted him substituted rather than Fabio Quagliarella.

“There can be dissent, but I’d like to underline it was a small section and not the entire stadium,” agent Claudio Pasqualin told TMW.

Giovinco has scored five goals this season in 17 overall appearances, but in Serie A alone his ratio is a goal every 223 minutes of football.

“Seba’s time at Juve has been positive and the proof is there in the fact Antonio Conte considers him to be a first choice pick.

“Maybe he could’ve scored a few more goals, but he is aware of that too. At times it was down to bad luck, others the opposition goalkeeper, but Seba is relaxed.

“He has a cool head and the strong shoulders of a champion. This unlucky moment will pass. As for the jeers, even if they were coming from a small minority, it is all part of the game.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Agent defends Giovinco after jeers  Empty Re: Agent defends Giovinco after jeers

Post by Halfsharkgator Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:32 pm

I think a lot of people are being way too harsh on Giovinco.

He's not really a finished product yet, considering he came from a parma team which was built around him, a completely different system to the one he's adjusting into now. That really is the only reason i can come with to why he's being so called "selfish" or whatever people are saying about him. If i we're him i wouldn't trust any of our strikers either and take the shot myself most of the time.

There's a reason Conte keeps playing him, he really is a menace and has an instant impact when he's on, he's got the right attitude and definitely has the skills to be on this team.

It's only a matter of time before he gets a nice streak of goals and everyone loves him again.
Halfsharkgator
Halfsharkgator
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Agent defends Giovinco after jeers  Empty Re: Agent defends Giovinco after jeers

Post by Luca Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:38 pm

That's the absolutely wrong way to go about looking things in my opinion Half.

He has been very selfish. You wouldn't trust other players on your team to have a shot? Since when did Giovinco transform into some world class player? He should not have anywhere near this kind of mentality.

And there's no adjusting, he has been Juventus' main striker. He's played the most, he's definitely had the most opportunities so I don't really see the problem here. More often than not you'll see him make a poor decision.

Conte also played Borriello for a large streak of games last season, it doesn't mean it was the correct decision. With Vucinic out injured there's not many options behind Giovinco. He should be played but he needs to mature and look for his teammates more. There's no way around it, even if he scored a couple goals yesterday, he still needs to pass more.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfsharkgator Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:56 pm

I agree that there are certain things about his game that need to change but its too soon to start turning on him. Sure he has been frustrating at times but the other side of the coin is that he's got everything he needs to be a weapon for us.

Vucinic didn't really blossom for us until the 2nd half of the season last year. Personally i think he will adapt. And I dont think he deserves the comparison to the Boriello situation, since Giovinco actually has potential to grow, while borriello just seemed to be taking minutes from others.

Halfsharkgator
Halfsharkgator
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:39 pm

Vucinic is not injured he is just rested after the international game for Chelsea game lol
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:54 pm

Halfsharkgator wrote:I agree that there are certain things about his game that need to change but its too soon to start turning on him. Sure he has been frustrating at times but the other side of the coin is that he's got everything he needs to be a weapon for us.

Vucinic didn't really blossom for us until the 2nd half of the season last year. Personally i think he will adapt. And I dont think he deserves the comparison to the Boriello situation, since Giovinco actually has potential to grow, while borriello just seemed to be taking minutes from others.

Oh, I definitely agree that I'm not turning on him- he doesn't deserve that. I absolutely agree that it's too soon, but based on the sample size we have seen I think some criticism is fair.

I wouldn't call him a flop or anything along those lines, it's frustrating because anyone can see he has that ability to give Juventus an extra dimension in attack, but his decision making has been quite poor. His play seems too forced, he needs to let the ball come naturally, if he it ends up with him scoring so be it, if it ends up with him creating a chance for someone else then that's great too.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by FilthyLuca Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:15 pm

this guy has blown all year. we need to ship him off to spain asap while he still has value, he'd fit in perfect over there.

FilthyLuca
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down