McAgger
Onyx
Lex
Bear
Mr Nick09
49 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The Off. Madrid want Bale thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Off. Madrid want Bale thread

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:28 pm

to me, it's really simple. If you aint gonna move CR in a "false 9/roam the attack as you want" role, then it's not the best deal to make. might as well spend it on Gotze that is much more efficient playing at different speeds.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Off. Madrid want Bale thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Off. Madrid want Bale thread

Post by Lex Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:http://bet.unibet.com/football/premier-league/2013/02/11/gareth-bale-world-class-you-must-be-joking/44

:bow:
Finally, a media outlet that isn't blinded by Bale's nutsack :bow:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:http://bet.unibet.com/football/premier-league/2013/02/11/gareth-bale-world-class-you-must-be-joking/44

:bow:

thats a very good read. i completely agree with everything he said.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:32 pm

“The Premier League is home to one of the best players in the world, who is at a team that can't possibly hope to keep him” - this story contains so many potential plot lines that they might as well let fans ring up to decide which angle they go for next. “To have our cameraman spot Pep Guardiola watching him in the stands, press 1; to have him beat Guy Demel over 15 yards, press 2”.

Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:43 pm

So you're problem is with the media not Bale. Bale is obviously very good just not as good as advertised which isn't really his fault.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:44 pm

this is my problem basically lol

But Bale's season as a whole throws up lots of interesting questions that are simply drowning in baseless acclaim. His total dependence on his stronger foot is an issue, but despite him missing an open goal on Saturday, it's not examined. His inability to influence a game unless space opens up behind the defence is a serious problem for an attacking player, but despite the obvious imbalance in his performances home and away, nobody's interested. His passing on Saturday was some of the most errant on the pitch, he didn't find a single team-mate with a cross, and Tim Krul's going to look back on both his goals with a “yeah, my bad” face on.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:50 pm

Zealous wrote:So you're problem is with the media not Bale. Bale is obviously very good just not as good as advertised which isn't really his fault.

No one ever denied that though, well at least i don't think they did....

The media has always and always will be the problem.

Bale is going through similar hype that Rooney went through, will probably die at some point but its not Bale's fault the media are f*cking ludicrous.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:52 pm

He's still young and has his whole career ahead of him. Not sure what's with the hate.

He's over hyped and over rated. But he's a raw talent and is in my opinion still quite good.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:54 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Zealous wrote:So you're problem is with the media not Bale. Bale is obviously very good just not as good as advertised which isn't really his fault.

No one ever denied that though, well at least i don't think they did....

The media has always and always will be the problem.

Bale is going through similar hype that Rooney went through, will probably die at some point but its not Bale's fault the media are f*cking ludicrous.

Yeah I agree, it's pretty bad. Nick thinks he's a scrub though lol or at least that's the impression I'm getting.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:03 pm

no not at all Z, been defending Bale quality here quite a bit lately. I just dont want a player that specialize in counter anymore. Young or not, im not going to assume that he will suddenly become good at playing without much space. He is not the most technically gifted lad around, so my hopes for him growing that much more are highly limited. He is the best power runner i have seen since Robben, but technically, robben doesnt have many flaws, he aint in that category i think, and it's a talent thing.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:11 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:no not at all Z, been defending Bale quality here quite a bit lately. I just dont want a player that specialize in counter anymore. Young or not, im not going to assume that he will suddenly become good at playing without much space. He is not the most technically gifted lad around, so my hopes for him growing that much more are highly limited. He is the best power runner i have seen since Robben, but technically, robben doesnt have many flaws, he aint in that category i think, and it's a talent thing.

Well anything both of us say about can only be a prediction at this point. I don;t think we'll sign him tbh but if we do I wouldn't be against it. He's a good player, 45 million euro on the other hand......that's ludicrous.

As for "specializing in the counter" so many of my personal favourite Madrid goals are fast paced passing moves. It's exciting and personally I love it. So I disagree with you, I hope we specialize in the counter for a long time. That doesn't mean we can't improve our ability to control a game though, we can have both.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:13 pm

Don't think anyone here actually hates Bale (personally, I'm indifferent to him) but the hype he's getting far exceeds his talents and performances so far. World class player? One of the best players around? Madrid furiously set to pursue him? Give me a fcking break, Mildred Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:15 pm

First Modric, now Bale. Has Madrid adopted a new "buy scrubs for big bucks" policy i wasn't aware of?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:19 pm

Lex wrote:First Modric, now Bale. Has Madrid adopted a new "buy scrubs for big bucks" policy i wasn't aware of?

> Says he's indifferent to Bale.
> Calls him scrub in next post.

Modric and Bale are good players. We over paid for Modric though but he's good, you can certainly do worse. Arsenal for example signed Gervinho and Andre Santos, for a lot less mind you but they still suck and that imo is what "buying scrubs for big bucks" is.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:25 pm

I'm indifferent to him personally lol. As in, his personality doesn't annoy me. Seems like a nice bloke off the field. But I just don't think he's the Dalai Lama of football that the tabloids want us to think he is
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:26 pm

Andre Santos for 8 mil is one thing, but Madrid allegedly being in for Bale for 45 mil is a whole different kettle o fish
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:38 pm

Lex wrote:Andre Santos for 8 mil is one thing, but Madrid allegedly being in for Bale for 45 mil is a whole different kettle o fish

If given an option I'd choose the second one all day. A bad player is bad regardless of how "cheap" he is, I'd rather have the overpriced good player who could improve.

"The most expensive things are usually also the cheapest option."
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:46 pm

Circumstances are different, though. We badly needed another left back and Santos was the only sensible option (at the time) and someone spiked our scout's orange juice and convinced him Santos was decent (or tolerable)

How badly do Madrid need Bale, exactly?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:47 pm

Lex wrote:Circumstances are different, though. We badly needed another left back and Santos was the only sensible option (at the time) and someone spiked our scout's orange juice and convinced him Santos was decent (or tolerable)

We have better players in any positions he can play, so he is very needed.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by justdoit_ Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm

This isn't two years ago, in my opinion, he's caught up with all but the most outlandish hype surrounding him these days.

justdoit_
justdoit_
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Tottenham HotSpurs

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:56 pm

likeastar wrote:
Lex wrote:Circumstances are different, though. We badly needed another left back and Santos was the only sensible option (at the time) and someone spiked our scout's orange juice and convinced him Santos was decent (or tolerable)

We have better players in any positions he can play, so he is very needed.

I'm confused.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:57 pm

We don't need him but a club always needs great players. That's what Bale is.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:57 pm

Lex wrote:First Modric, now Bale. Has Madrid adopted a new "buy scrubs for big bucks" policy i wasn't aware of?

Neither of them are scrubs imo. Modric is worth 20-25m, we paid like 5m over.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:58 pm

nothing against bale but we dont him tbh we dont have a problem in counter attacking or scoring, we need to control games better from midfield that should be the main concern since the last season and also better chance creating as a team no more relying on individual brilliance all the time, we need a real sporting director before we start buying
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:59 pm

chad4401 wrote:nothing against bale but we dont him tbh we dont have a problem in counter attacking or scoring, we need to control games better from midfield that should be the main concern since the last season and also better chance creating as a team no more relying on individual brilliance all the time, we need a real sporting director before we start buying

exactly, counter attacking is not a problem for us.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:01 pm

Zealous wrote:We don't need him but a club always needs great players. That's what Bale is.
So, in other words, this is just Madrid flexing their financial muscles for no reason

You trying to tell me there aren't any positions Madrid could use that 45 mil to strengthen instead of blowing the entire load on a player they don't even need?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next