The Duel : Zidane Vs Rivaldo.

4 posters

Go down

The Duel : Zidane Vs Rivaldo. Empty The Duel : Zidane Vs Rivaldo.

Post by Le Samourai Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:58 pm

Who played better.

Zidane was at the height of his potency as an attacking force, still had an extra step of pace to go with his exquisite skill and balance while Rivaldo was a unique pivot player somewhat similar to Raul acting as the point though which counters flowed.

My choice is obviously Zidane Smile but Rivaldo was rather unique.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

The Duel : Zidane Vs Rivaldo. Empty Re: The Duel : Zidane Vs Rivaldo.

Post by CrazyBoy Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:48 am

Wow this a tough decision. Zidane obviously will go down in history as a greater player due to his accomplishment but for Rivaldo for me was never a lesser player to anyone of his generation, Romario and Ronaldo included.
Skillwise, not much difference, both had their strength and weakness. Zidane as we all know his main points were the way he conducted the game, the way he made his team better, we can see how shit France are/were without Zizou, his play!!! it was just beautiful, plus he also scored some crucial gaols and a big game player. Rivaldo was an individual player, bit selfish but than if you are as talented as him being little selfish is allowed. He could anything possible an attacker can do, a complete attacker.

Although still find this comparision bit random Rivaldo was a SS while Zizou was a playmaker. To put it straight Rivaldo was an ultimate match winner, he can win you game from any situation. Zizou was than someone who made his team play better, his impact was something else. Both had two very good world cups, although Zizou won more in club but than cant fault Rivaldo as he did not played in great teams like Zizou did at Club level. Mind you Barcelona of that time had many problems mostly defensive and off field and rivaldo was the guy who carried them for most part and I am not just talking about that out of the world hattrick.
For me its a tie.

CrazyBoy
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:53 am

The play for the goal he scored aside, Zidane didnt do too much effective final third / dangerous work. Didnt destablise the defence, didnt beat many players and most of his passes were just to keep recieve the ball in between the lines much either. Because its just a highlights vid, its hard to say if thats because he didnt move there of simply his teammates didnt do a good job of getting him the ball there when he had space.

Also got clamped very often when he went into the traffic in the final third.

On top of that, style points decudction for facing a team that had Christianvaal in it lol

Rivaldo if my memory serves me right was a one man band in this season in terms of creation and he played like it, seemed like he had to do alot of different things and do the amazing the get Barca going. Dont think he had a good game by his standards either but I got the impression he could of done more with slightly more help.

Overall, Zidane played better because he was more involved and in the end he got the goal.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Killer Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:37 pm

Rivaldo is better for me, Zidane is so *bleep* overrated.

Rivaldo had better performance in both World Cup and in the Champions League, scored more and more assists.

Killer
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down