Potential
juventus101
Don Carlo
20 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

European All Time Starting XI - Page 3 Empty Re: European All Time Starting XI

Post by Don Carlo Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:02 pm

Dante wrote:First time i hear about Johnstone . I suppose i could just check the internet right now , but i would really appreciate it if you explained the reason you put him there.
I always found myself interested in past players and i have a bunch of dvds about past W.Cups , Euros and of a few of the old European Cup. Don't know/recall about Johnstone though.

Jimmy Johnstone, known as `Jinky` was unquestionably the best winger Scotland ever produced (& IMO Scotland`s best ever player, period)... he was one of the best ever dribblers as you might expect from being a winger, he was voted Celtic`s best ever player by the fans ahead of other legends of the club such as Larsson & Dalglish. I have posted a tribute video of Jinky on the multi-media section.

He was Celtic`s best player in their best ever team & was probably the player most responsible for Celtic becoming champions of Europe in 1967.

There might have been other players that achieved more in European football for their clubs but there are NONE that I would play wide right ahead of him, cheers.

Don Carlo
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:09 am

----------------Buffon
Zambrotta-Stam-Cannavaro-Maldini
-------Costacurta-gatusso-Pirlo
-----------------Zidane
-----------Totti-Inzaghi
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Carlo Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:59 pm

Here are a couple of formations......

European All Time Starting XI - Page 3 AbDPu9Uajn

or this......

European All Time Starting XI - Page 3 AbDPvr5adN
Don Carlo
Don Carlo
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:00 am

Don Carlo wrote:
Dante wrote:First time i hear about Johnstone . I suppose i could just check the internet right now , but i would really appreciate it if you explained the reason you put him there.
I always found myself interested in past players and i have a bunch of dvds about past W.Cups , Euros and of a few of the old European Cup. Don't know/recall about Johnstone though.

Jimmy Johnstone, known as `Jinky` was unquestionably the best winger Scotland ever produced (& IMO Scotland`s best ever player, period)... he was one of the best ever dribblers as you might expect from being a winger, he was voted Celtic`s best ever player by the fans ahead of other legends of the club such as Larsson & Dalglish. I have posted a tribute video of Jinky on the multi-media section.

He was Celtic`s best player in their best ever team & was probably the player most responsible for Celtic becoming champions of Europe in 1967.

There might have been other players that achieved more in European football for their clubs but there are NONE that I would play wide right ahead of him, cheers.

Thank you for your enlightening post . Being the best player at Celtic in their best ever team , is definitely something i didn't know , however i am not that initiated into Scottish football . Thanks again .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:30 am

I will slap whoever doesnt mention Cruyff
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:15 am

Don Carlo wrote:Here are a couple of formations......

European All Time Starting XI - Page 3 AbDPu9Uajn

Very nice team but wouldnt it be a little hurt by a lack of attacking fullbacks?

Maldini and Thuram are fine forward player no doubt, but as they are the only width wouldnt 2 or at least 1 really strong attacking fullback be better suited?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3