Kick
Gil
Firenze
Ganso
Shed
28 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official 'Dump On Torres' Thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official 'Dump On Torres' Thread

Post by lszanto Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:08 am

Sell Mata, Mikel -> AM

lszanto
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official 'Dump On Torres' Thread - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official 'Dump On Torres' Thread

Post by Kick Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:11 am

lszanto wrote:Sell Mata, Mikel -> AM

Profit and improvement. :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:05 am

What a beast, 40 goal season ahead for him.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:07 am

Abramovich wrote:What a beast, 40 goal season ahead for him.

With Mikel behind him, of course Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:04 pm

The Official 'Dump On Torres' Thread - Page 35 BNjXiorCEAE_pud

Go on, Juan. Drown him while you have the chance. Put him out of his misery. "Lost at sea" on a death certificate is about the only way we're gonna get rid of this lug.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:56 pm

They really are bestest buds, aren't they?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:30 pm

Torres believes he is returning to career best form:
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1484760/fernando-torres-insists-returning-career-best-form?cc=5901

The Official 'Dump On Torres' Thread - Page 35 93764-DataLaughing_gif

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:02 pm

He actually played quite well this morning. Passing was decent, movement was good and he actually ran at CBs which I haven't seen him do since his liverpool days. Skinned Barzagli in the box but put it just wide.

Don't know if it's confidence but its so enjoyable to see him run at people and it actually was working. I wouldn't care if they were scrubs but it was the juve backline which are quality defenders.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:14 pm

It's good to hear, won't stop us buying Cavani though.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:25 pm

The last time we decided to give him 'another chance' based on performance at a summer international tournament, we ended up with the shambles of last season. Even entertaining doing so again is grounds for immediate committal.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:03 pm

Haha I was more just saying it was nice to see, I highly doubt he will lead our line next season.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:06 pm

Oh I'm not saying you. I know you're not that mental eco smile

There are some, though, who are saying this tournament has been "proof" that's he's "back" and that our striking troubles are now over......rofl
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:59 am

Its always nice seeing him play good Smile
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:00 am

Uncanny wrote:Its always nice seeing him play good Smile

....once every 2 or 3 months :coffee:

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:18 am

I don't think he played well. He did look willing to take players on which is good because it shows he has a bit more confidence, but he lost possession too much and hardly offered anything going forward for Spain imo. He's just...such a square peg in the round hole that is Spain. Looks lost.

He did beat his man convincingly in the box (I was impressed) with a turn that resembled his good days, but as he had a great opportunity to score, in a fashion known only as "Torres-esque" these days, he put it wide.

He looks a little better. Thing is, I still thought he was poor.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:23 am

He's still crap. He'll never be a starter in our team again and really should be third choice. How he is getting game time for Spain is beyond me.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:26 am

CBarca wrote:I don't think he played well. He did look willing to take players on which is good because it shows he has a bit more confidence, but he lost possession too much and hardly offered anything going forward for Spain imo. He's just...such a square peg in the round hole that is Spain. Looks lost.

He did beat his man convincingly in the box (I was impressed) with a turn that resembled his good days, but as he had a great opportunity to score, in a fashion known only as "Torres-esque" these days, he put it wide.

He looks a little better. Thing is, I still thought he was poor.

Did he even have one shot the entire 94+ minutes he was on?

It happened near on every week last season. He'd look moderately lively drifting wide or dropping deep the whole match and everyone would hail it as a "great performance" yet he didn't register even 1 shot the entire game. You often wonder if people have forgotten that's he's a STRIKER, ffs. His job is to be a focal point for the attack and provide a goalscoring threat, not drift out of the box and attempt to create.

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:28 am

CB said that he had a shot, Shed.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:30 am

Ah yes, that one after that [admittedly impressive] turn in the box. Other than that?

Sweet FA as far as I can remember.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:34 am

I understand where you are coming from.

I am not much of a fan of the spanish NT so I don't mind him starting for them as he makes them worse. Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:39 am

Indeed. Dare I say, I was hoping to see a repeat of Munich when Mata stepped up to take their final penalty in the first 5 which would have won it for Italy.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:53 am

Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:38 pm

Shed wrote:Ah yes, that one after that [admittedly impressive] turn in the box. Other than that?

Sweet FA as far as I can remember.

No shots other than that.

Your talking about Torres reminds me of Ade. Ade really should have just been named an attacking midfielder for Tottenham last season because that's where he played Laughing. When Bale went to his central position, charts consistently showed he was playing farther up than Adebayor rofl

Admittedly he has great link up play and passing as well as holding the ball up. But as a striker he is shat. I still think he can be a great striker and can show it, and played well at the end of last year honestly. The problem is he's on a fat contract and he doesn't have to play for his contract anymore so he's shat now and probably will be until Spurs offload him. Same thing everywhere he's gone.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:31 pm

Chelsea's Fernando Torres emerges as Arsenal transfer target to partner Gonzalo Higuain:
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenal-transfer-news-fernando-torres-2011565

We can dream The Official 'Dump On Torres' Thread - Page 35 46

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:34 pm

rofl

Make it happen Wenger!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:32 am

Yea he didnt really have a good shot other than that one impressive turn shot, ugh why didnt he make it!!! but really if you look at the shot count, italy were shutting spain down pretty well.  Italy had a 4 man midfield that kept spain at bay, also they played with a a very tight defense, and torres nor spain could exploit any space at all on the field.  It wasnt till jesus navas was the only one that was able to make space.  All in all you should give credit to Italy, as they switched to thier 3-4-3, and their defense was incredible. Also I dont get why villa didnt get the nod for the game, he can still play well.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next