Gil
Twoism
VanDeezNuts
aleumdance
billionmillion
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Yaya Toure Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Yaya Toure Appreciation Thread

Post by Red Alert Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:31 am

DAT ass to Dzeko.

Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Yaya Toure Appreciation Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Yaya Toure Appreciation Thread

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:38 am

lol edited it haha
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:14 pm

Thing with Yaya is you can't give him space.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:24 pm

ynwa wrote:DAT ass to Dzeko.
lmfao :bow:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:44 pm

You people really have no clue about Yaya's game when you say "oh he's good, but he can't play defense."

If you know anything about football you would know he can dominate any midfield and played CB for Barca against Man United in the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL against MAn United with an attack of Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney and didn't give up an inch.

This he can't defend stuff is absolute crap.

Maybe you should look into how Mancini uses him as he played with two other DM's last night and his job was to push forward more then defend especially when Silva was taken off.

Mancini plays two other DM's because Yaya is supposed to push up and they cover his back.

Please learn something about tactics before you sit here and say Yaya can't play defense. He's probably the last player you want coming over to take the ball off of you. And as for taking the ball off him, haha good luck.

And Pep didn't get rid of him because he "can't play defense" I've seen Busquets try to play CB as well and let's just say it's not even comparable at who's better. HE left because he didn't want to split time and Pep followed his wishes and afterwards said it was one of the worst mistakes he made while at Barcelona.

Some of you need to get your facts straight.

It was pretty obvious in a game full of superstars no one shined brighter then him. Especially in midfield.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:51 pm

Thought Khedira had bested him tbh..I know Mancinis tactics but still Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:11 pm

Nameless wrote:Thought Khedira had bested him tbh..I know Mancinis tactics but still Laughing

Um, no just no. Khedira in my mind was not much of a factor last night. Both teams came out with 3 defensive midfielders and Yaya easily looked the best of the bunch.

In fact I don't really remember Khedira doing much, I'm sure he played exactly where Mou wanted him and had a fine game but to say he out played Yaya just makes me wonder what game you were watching.

IF you look at it he created by himself the only "clean" counter attacking goal of the whole game which both team were lined up trying to play a counter attacking system.

Plus the first goal is always the hardest to score especially in a game like that with the tactics being used.

It just so happens that MAdrid is a better team and had more of the ball and better players going forward so they were in City's half for way more of the game.

City's second goal was lucky, Marcelo's was a deflection, Ronaldo was Joe Hart shitting his pants not to mention he tried the same exact shot 6 or 7 times last night and that was probably the worst effort, Benz had a wonderful goal but it was all him and Yaya pushed the ball 50 yards up field by himself pushing off defenders and put a perfect pass to Dzeko to score the only counter attacking goal of the match.

He was not out played by Khedira. City's front men were out played by a massive margin by Madrid's but not Yaya.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:13 pm

I was kidding mate.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:31 pm

yaya was essentially their only midfielder, the fact that he gifted city those couple of chances that put them in the game against 3 madrid midfielders is a credit to his quality.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:07 pm

Never thought I'd ever ask this question but how do you block a poster on this forum?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:19 pm

aleumdance wrote:last 3 big matches madrid had vs epl sides at bernebeu

Madrid 0-1 Arsenal

Madrid0-1 Liverpool rofl

right now Madrid 0-1 Citeh

Madrid's Kryptonite= D0NKEY LEAGUE
Vagilodatrous! :bow:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:19 pm

Gil wrote:Never thought I'd ever ask this question but how do you block a poster on this forum?
Errr.....adblock plus?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:28 pm

Lol none of our players bested Yaya.
Not a single one.

When yaya got the ball on occasion he stomped through 3-5 of our players at a time. He left Essien and Khiedra in the dust at times.

I don't see how we are saying those two kept him quiet. If Manchester had come out to play like the way everyone thought it could have been alot different. Yaya was like the only one trying to advance up and till the second half.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:56 am

I thought we handled him well in the first half. Second half he was much better.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:23 am

Yaya Toure Appreciation Thread - Page 2 8691
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:32 pm

Amazing goal last night...
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:07 am

Some amazing goals in the first week of the CL already. Yaya, boom! :bow:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:50 am

Yaya is pure class. I just hope he puts in his best form more consistently and that Man C stop fking around with the systems and players around him....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2