Conte set to rest Juventus stars

+2
Cotes
DeviAngel
6 posters

Go down

Conte set to rest Juventus stars  Empty Conte set to rest Juventus stars

Post by DeviAngel Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:24 pm

Juventus boss Antonio Conte is prepared to rest as many as four first team regulars against Genoa ahead of their Champions League campaign.

The Old Lady travel to Marassi on Sunday before then turning their attention to the trip to Chelsea on Wednesday.

Conte, whose side have collected two wins from two this term, is thinking of changes in defence, midfield and attack.

Giorgio Chiellini, despite being fit again, may not be risked in the back-three that could allow Martin Caceres to get a game.

In midfield of the 3-5-2, Chilean international Arturo Vidal and new signing Kwadwo Asamoah could start on the bench.

Meanwhile, Alessandro Matri looks like he will begin instead of Sebastian Giovinco alongside Mirko Vucinic in attack.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Conte set to rest Juventus stars  Empty Re: Conte set to rest Juventus stars

Post by Cotes Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:33 pm

DeviAngel wrote:"In midfield of the 3-5-2, Chilean international Arturo Vidal and new signing Kwadwo Asamoah could start on the bench."[/b]

Marrone or Isla to start??
& why wouldn't we give Pogba a chance & rest Pirlo?

De Ceglie should come in for Asamoah also!!!!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:03 pm

The number one player to bench has to be Pirlo surely.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:42 pm

Lucio has made a rapid recovery, while Nicklas Bendtner and Mauricio Isla have their first call-ups of the season for Genoa-Juventus.

The Bianconeri named their squad for tomorrow afternoon’s trip to Marassi and it includes Lucio, who had originally been ruled out for two to three months by a ligament injury.

The former Inter defender has recovered faster than expected and is available for selection.

Isla also returns after missing the last seven months due to damaged knee ligaments while he was still at Udinese.

The winger played 67 minutes for Chile in a World Cup qualifier against Colombia this week.

Juventus fans will get their first opportunity to see Bendtner, who has been on a strict diet and exercise regime to get into shape since completing his loan move from Arsenal.

Juventus squad: Buffon, Storari, Rubinho; Lucio, Chiellini, Caceres, De Ceglie, Barzagli, Bonucci, Lichtsteiner; Marrone, Pogba, Marchisio, Pirlo, Asamoah, Vidal, Giaccherini, Isla; Vucinic, Giovinco, Bendtner, Quagliarella, Matri
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Halfsharkgator Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:45 pm

I read that when carrera was asked if pirlo would be rested, he said pirlo knows how to manage his Energy level.

I think the whole team is pretty fresh being that it's still early in the season..
I would actually like to see pirlo in the first half just to make sure everything is clicking with the rest of the team.. Then pogba or marrone
Halfsharkgator
Halfsharkgator
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:52 pm

Halfsharkgator wrote:I read that when carrera was asked if pirlo would be rested, he said pirlo knows how to manage his Energy level.

I think the whole team is pretty fresh being that it's still early in the season..
I would actually like to see pirlo in the first half just to make sure everything is clicking with the rest of the team.. Then pogba or marrone

Not with the international games, which is the problem
Pirlo played with Italy against Bulgaria on the Friday, then with Malta on the Tuesday, now with Juventus on Sunday and Chelsea on Wednesday

That's a lot for any player

I agree with Carrera, Pirlo is experienced enough to handle this type of situation but I would prefer Pogba/Marrone from the start

Juventus has such strong depth, it should be utilized in matches like these. It's important to get a positive result in the champions league, while not giving up much in the league.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:25 am

All I know is, the strikers need to be clinical tomorrow...
If we get a 2-0 lead by half time, Pirlo can be subbed off for Pogba or Marrone...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:12 am

If we manage to get a comfortable lead early on vs Genoa, we should consider resting our starters for the Chelsea game.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down