Prandelli stands up for Conte

4 posters

Go down

Prandelli stands up for Conte Empty Prandelli stands up for Conte

Post by dronte Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:29 am

Cesare Prandelli has leapt to the defence of Antonio Conte after his 10-month ban in the betting scandal. “Any of us could be dragged into it, even if only by gossip.”

The Italy Coach was asked about Conte’s appeal against the 10-month suspension for failing to report a potential fix to the authorities – charges he has always firmly denied.

“I have not changed my mind on the betting scandal,” noted Prandelli.

“Conte received a 10-month ban. What did you want, life in prison? Anyone who made a mistake has to pay, but there is a big difference between failing to report something and actual sporting fraud.

“In a career spanning 20 years any of us could be dragged into it, even if only by gossip and hearsay.”

This seems to be a reference to Filippo Carobbio, the former Siena player whose testimony is the only evidence against Conte.

Carobbio claims Conte told the Siena squad the results of two games were already agreed, but the other players at the same team meeting do not share his version of events.

Juventus Coach Conte lost the first appeal, but is now taking the matter to the TNAS tribunal.

-----------------

Great respect to Prandelli, even though he is just telling the truth

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Prandelli stands up for Conte Empty Re: Prandelli stands up for Conte

Post by Lynx100 Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:54 am

dronte wrote:Cesare Prandelli has leapt to the defence of Antonio Conte after his 10-month ban in the betting scandal. “Any of us could be dragged into it, even if only by gossip.”

The Italy Coach was asked about Conte’s appeal against the 10-month suspension for failing to report a potential fix to the authorities – charges he has always firmly denied.

“I have not changed my mind on the betting scandal,” noted Prandelli.

“Conte received a 10-month ban. What did you want, life in prison? Anyone who made a mistake has to pay, but there is a big difference between failing to report something and actual sporting fraud.

“In a career spanning 20 years any of us could be dragged into it, even if only by gossip and hearsay.”

This seems to be a reference to Filippo Carobbio, the former Siena player whose testimony is the only evidence against Conte.

Carobbio claims Conte told the Siena squad the results of two games were already agreed, but the other players at the same team meeting do not share his version of events.

Juventus Coach Conte lost the first appeal, but is now taking the matter to the TNAS tribunal.

-----------------

Great respect to Prandelli, even though he is just telling the truth

This gets me thinking - Guilty or not? Can we really say for CERTAIN?

I mean - How do you know what the truth is? You cant unless you were in that dressing room - otherwise, you are trusting the version of events of the person that you choose to support (i.e Conte or Prandelli etc etc). Same deal with the whole Moggi think - None of us actually know for SURE the true version of events - we just go by what is told to us by the media or the person/people involved (whether they are lying or telling the truth is for us to judge/guess)

This isnt an anti-juve or anti-Conte comment. I just dont think the people who werent involved with the actual event in question can meaninfully say whether someone is innocent or not.

While I cannot imagine Conte doing something like that - We cant just come out and say hes innocent for sure. Its not like we even know him personally to make that call. But its completely ridiculous that Conte can be charged as guilty without concrete proof. Its shameful. WHatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:22 pm

He didn't say Conte is innocent, neither I did. He only said that it's kinda ridiculously high punishment for failing to report, which can actually happen pretty much most of the footballers / staff.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by davidsNC Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:14 pm

"This gets me thinking - Guilty or not? Can we really say for CERTAIN?

I mean - How do you know what the truth is? You cant unless you were in that dressing room - otherwise, you are trusting the version of events of the person that you choose to support (i.e Conte or Prandelli etc etc). Same deal with the whole Moggi think - None of us actually know for SURE the true version of events - we just go by what is told to us by the media or the person/people involved (whether they are lying or telling the truth is for us to judge/guess)"

however in this case it is not taking one person's version over another's. it is taking one person's version - whose past involvement we're all aware of- versus another's PLUS TWENTY-THREE (23) OTHER WITNESSES. the legal standard for guilty/ innocent in italy is ridiculous (one must prove his innocence) and leaves plenty of opportunity for abuse.

if this case were brought to a court in the US ( with the evidence proffered) not only would Conte be exonerated, but the prosecutor would very likely be sanctioned.

i wasn't in the locker room, so i can't say for sure what happened. but i find a version of events supported by 24 people who were there much more plausible than that of one other person.

calciopoli is another matter that i have put behind me. but this whole thing makes me ill.

Last edited by davidsNC on Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : mis-tpyed some words)
davidsNC
davidsNC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Prandelli the true bianconero always remained as one. I still remember him sayign that he wants to be Juventus manager.. I see him in future
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down