Raptorgunner
Rev
urbaNRoots
Bosscielny
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Should we Sell Song ?

Alex Song to Barcelona? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Alex Song to Barcelona? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Alex Song to Barcelona? - Page 2 Vote_lcap100%Alex Song to Barcelona? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 100% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 13

Alex Song to Barcelona? - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex Song to Barcelona?

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:05 pm

Pretty good article. I liked the point about out-right defensive midfielders steadily going out of fashion. If you go through the top clubs in Europe right now, none of them have what you would call a pure destroyer who holds the midfield. Rather, what they do have are dynamic, physical midfielders who can cover the ground and hassle opponents or a very tactically astute midfielder who knows how to hold his position.

Barcelona, for example, have the latter in Busquets. Strong and good in the tackle, but in no way a destroyer. Real Madrid have the former in Khedira; it's Alonso who does the holding role.

In the Premier League, City use Barry as their holding player while Yaya Toure provides the dynamism. United use two tactically astute midfielders. Chelsea have Mikel, who's very similar to Busquets.

You can see where I'm going with this. Traditionally, defensive midfielders are powerful players who can destroy but holding the midfield is more about positioning yourself correctly and staying disciplined than throwing your weight around.

That's why, if Song leaves, we don't necessarily have to replace him with a pure destroyer type player like everyone wants. Rather, we would just need someone who either has the discipline and tactical know-how to play the role or a strong, dynamic player.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:09 pm

Jay : Are you hinting at a possibility of Sahin-Arteta/Wilshere?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:20 pm

Not particularly. That would be a good midfield with tactical know-how, high work ethic and technical ability but I'd be worried about there being a lack of dynamism and the fact that Sahin and Arteta are similar players that play the same role.

Having Wilshere in there as an alternative might work because he's dynamic but I'm not convinced of his defensive ability. I think he needs to play alongside someone who's good at the defensive side of the game in order to truly thrive.

Someone like Coquelin might work, or even Frimpong. Not pure holding players, but tenacious, box-to-box players.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:25 pm

I have added a poll guys, Please vote

Want to see whats the general view
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:31 pm

voted for No :coffee:
simply dont want another change in midfield area after what has happened in last two summers
whoever that comes in cant play song role any better than him
we wont play with proper DM
no matter who is there
just what i think
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:35 pm

We shouldn't tbh... but if we get Sahin on loan and one of M'Vila/Capoue or another defensive minded midfielder I'll be a happy man.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:43 pm

However can't agree with the fee that's being reported 13-15million pounds is a joke. Jack f*cking Rodwell was sold for 16million pounds. Song should be valued at 20million pounds atleast imo.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:02 pm

No, even though I believe a more disciplined DM could be useful, its just too late now. Song is established in our midfield and no point in disrupting it.

Our squad is stable atm despite the RVP situation, and we shouldnt be thinking about selling anyone except for the deadweights and RVP (if the offers good enough)
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:05 pm

Don't think song is going but to be honst if we got m'villa, capoue inplace then would be fine...dnt knw sahin well or if his an out and out DM

song is quality for us though don't take tht away, in his last interview he seemed to say he wants to stay with us so seems its a contract thing but tbh if he goes its not the end of the world...

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:15 pm

bloodless wrote:Don't think song is going but to be honst if we got m'villa, capoue inplace then would be fine...dnt knw sahin well or if his an out and out DM

song is quality for us though don't take tht away, in his last interview he seemed to say he wants to stay with us so seems its a contract thing but tbh if he goes its not the end of the world...

If we sell him and Bring Mvila and Sahin then it wouldn't be a bad deal. However i want stability so i want Song to stay. One of the main reason we don't win anything is because we lack stability as well choping and changing all the time doesn't help
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2