Iceman
Spider
Raptorgunner
boss
Ali
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Are we getting the mentality back? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we getting the mentality back?

Post by tsgooner1 Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:55 pm

What we need is not only the winning attitude to come to the players, but to us fans as well. We are way to negative at times and some times it feeds through to the players. When we start doubting our own players that negative energy goes right to them. We need to develop that winning attitide back again. i rememeber when we drew barca in the champions league a bunch of us we saying, "who cares, lets lose this and go win the league". that right there is a loser mentality. I bet you chelsea fans wouldnt do the same thing, nor man utd fans, nor barca. Remembeer when we were in for the quadrouple. No one believed we could do it, but we fans also didnt believe we could do it. Thats a loser mentality. believe you can win and positives will happen. I bet you, the year we wnet unbeaten us arsenal fans thought that we could win any trophy out there. Now we doubt us to win even one. we are apart of Arsenal F.C. as well. We play apart of there season. If we want Arsenal F.C. to get that winning mentality back, it must start from us the fans.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Are we getting the mentality back? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are we getting the mentality back?

Post by mzamani Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:40 pm

@Iceman, I was actually talking about injuries, not Cesc and Nasri leaving Arsenal
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwigunner Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:44 am

I think that every year that we keep certain players, our squads mentality is growing. Players like RvP, Sagna and Vermaelen in particular. I also can't see us losing any of them for a good few years so thats a solid base for it.
Kiwigunner
Kiwigunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:32 am

we will never have the mentality as long as we have half hearted performers like diaby,nasri,aa23, those who dont have arsenal at soul. the only players who deserve the arsenal jersey are wilshere, fabregas(yes, wen he plays he puts all his effort) Van Persie, walcott,song and verm. u can see the passion.
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:55 am

since1996 wrote:we will never have the mentality as long as we have half hearted performers like diaby,nasri,aa23, those who dont have arsenal at soul. the only players who deserve the arsenal jersey are wilshere, fabregas(yes, wen he plays he puts all his effort) Van Persie, walcott,song and verm. u can see the passion.

Which half hearted performance are you talking about?? [I think I missed the point you're making, apologies mate..]

Diaby is a beast when he is fit and keeps his head on his shoulders.. Problem with him is he has a flirtatious affair with the treatment table.. Just like RvP.. That is why you don't see many people call for his head, even if he notches up lesser appearances than denilson or even almunia.

Nasri- much talked about this summer.. What surprises me is, we weren't complaining as long as he was playing well.. The problem started when he played the "Fabregas role" in a FA Cup match and drew up with a hamstring.. He didn't have the same form after he came back..

AA23 - Blamed a lot for the decline of clichy and his low work rate, and lost his spot to Nasri and became an impact sub.. But to say he is half hearted is harsh mate.. No half hearted player can come up with a goal like the one at Emirates against Barca! That match, we also saw him track back and make challenges even late in the game, think he got carded for that.. He has been trying harder since the turn of the year and it has been visible on the pitch towards end-season..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:56 am

Also, special mention to players like Chamakh and Eboue, in the list of people who don't mind sitting on the bench, just because they are in a club that they love..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by since1996 Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:29 pm

sri...teams like utd do not win bcoz they have WC players but they have pple who knw how it is 2 wear the UTD jersey. technically compare carrick,park,valencia,oshea, anderson to nasri,cesc,song,wilshere,diaby. we are more talented and technically gifted bt why united wins is coz they are united. pple expect them 2 win they work extra hard 2 do that.
since1996
since1996
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:34 pm

I have to agree with you that Utd players, esp over the past season, have shown some unbelievable resolve to fight for each point.. And we do let our drought get into our heads..

But what I want to see is that kind of resolve mixing with the technical superiority and talent that we have.. You can't have just the desire or just the talent, you need both in the squad.. I'd rather see our lot show some more desire and hunger for that trophy.. And by jove, we did see that in the eyes of all these players in this season.. Too bad it all petered away towards the end Sad

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:59 pm

We all knew that this was our fate at the moment that terrible mix up in Carling cup happened...
The way we lost that match destroyed the confidence of our players.. Followed by Refcelona match..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2