What does it mean to be a possession based team?

+21
Sushi Master
futbol
RealGunner
Lupi
peerless
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Dutti
DuringTheWar
The Messiah
rwo power
danyjr
kiranr
Bellabong
barca 2011
FalcaoPunch
Onyx
Die Borussen
BarrileteCosmico
The Franchise
Real Kandahar
jibers
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

What does it mean to be a possession based team? - Page 3 Empty Re: What does it mean to be a possession based team?

Post by jibers Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:27 am

futbol wrote:
The Ostracised One wrote:

Shooting - 88

That's racist.

well jakes on you, I'm black Laughing

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

What does it mean to be a possession based team? - Page 3 Empty Re: What does it mean to be a possession based team?

Post by Sushi Master Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:28 am

Bayern look like a possession based side due to the very skilled midfield we have... and the van Gaal factor.

But lightning fast counter attacks are very doable, considering the type of wingers available.

Pretty balanced side, I'd say. No way we're going to have more possession than Barcelona, I don't know what people are smoking.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:29 am

RealGunner wrote:I made that stat pic for u ffs

Laughing It's been a while since I've been on here. Where is it again? scratch

I find it very rude by the way that you decided to visit us again just because you've been banned on Redcafe. Sad I don't accept such second choicery. Crying or Very sad

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:31 am

futbol wrote:
RealGunner wrote:I made that stat pic for u ffs

Laughing It's been a while since I've been on here. Where is it again? scratch

I find it very rude by the way that you decided to visit us again just because you've been banned on Redcafe. Sad I don't accept such second choicery. Crying or Very sad

Proud

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:39 am

Actually ragcafe is quite decent, but Bluemoon is the best for me. Lurking there sometimes.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:41 am

onion wrote:Actually ragcafe is quite decent, but Bluemoon is the best for me. Lurking there sometimes.

Banned for saying I didn't want Cesc in our central mf.

Roll breaders gonna roll bread
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:45 am

Have you seen Liverpools forum? Bunch of delusional fans Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:37 am

Very Happy slow build up play , prioritizing the possession to avoid chasing opponent to get back the ball . Mourinho does tend to do possession play at Times but its not the same as Barcelona or Spain , That's more of a plan B for him
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:34 am

onion wrote:Actually ragcafe is quite decent, but Bluemoon is the best for me. Lurking there sometimes.

Rawk, Redcafe, bluemoon, RTG, etc. are all fecking lolworthy. Every single one of them is delusional. Although I do love the great sense of humor Brits have Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:55 am

Sushi Master wrote:Bayern look like a possession based side due to the very skilled midfield we have... and the van Gaal factor.

But lightning fast counter attacks are very doable, considering the type of wingers available.

Pretty balanced side, I'd say. No way we're going to have more possession than Barcelona, I don't know what people are smoking.
In the Arsenal - Bayern tie in the first leg it was pretty obvious that Bayern don't really mind possession. Had 45% then and demolished Arsenal on the counter.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:57 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:

Rawk, Redcafe, bluemoon, RTG, etc. are all fecking lolworthy. Every single one of them is delusional. Although I do love the great sense of humor Brits have Thumbs up
oh have you been to Spurs forum btw? Very Happy
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:40 pm

rwo power wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Bayern look like a possession based side due to the very skilled midfield we have... and the van Gaal factor.

In the Arsenal - Bayern tie in the first leg it was pretty obvious that Bayern don't really mind possession. Had 45% then and demolished Arsenal on the counter.
Exactly what I want people to see Thumbs up

Hell, Bayern's classical style is an extremely defensive, tight formation with an emphasis on grinding out results.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:40 pm

Good to see the possession myth dispelled in this thread. Too much myth instilled by Media and Spain.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:31 pm

Today's game is proof that even Arsenal has dropped this possesion ish..

normally when teams who have been playing attacking football vsiti emirates Arsenal does best to hold posseion and attack

but today.. Arsenal literally left Stoke with the ball

why?

Cuz they could not do anything with it really..
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:32 pm

Too much possession = boring football
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3