+5
S
7amood11
Luca
Halfsharkgator
droit_au_but
9 posters

Go down

Conte to accept 3 month ban in plea bargain over match fixing Empty Conte to accept 3 month ban in plea bargain over match fixing

Post by droit_au_but Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:06 pm

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/conte-plea-bargain-deal-touted-112004193.html

opinions?
droit_au_but
droit_au_but
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Conte to accept 3 month ban in plea bargain over match fixing Empty Re: Conte to accept 3 month ban in plea bargain over match fixing

Post by Halfsharkgator Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:11 pm

Does anyone know if the game was actually fixed or "attempted" to be fixed?

If I were in conte's position I would understand not reporting it and bringing the figc into it and hurting both the players and the club.. He maybe thought it was above him to report it.. I mean who messes with the mafia right? This kinda thing happens all the time in Italian football too I'm sure.

The important thing to me is that he didnt take part in the fix. if he talks and is cleared of anything I think his job a juve should remain his.. Thats just the way I feel, i would wait 3 months for him... I'm not sure what juventus will do, they've supported him up to now but thyeve been put in a difficult position.
Halfsharkgator
Halfsharkgator
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Conte to accept 3 month ban in plea bargain over match fixing Empty Re: Conte to accept 3 month ban in plea bargain over match fixing

Post by Luca Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:13 pm

Juventus has stated they will stand behind him, Bonucci and Pepe.

Whether the game was actually fixed or just attempted to be fixed, it's irrelevant right now. It would be a more severe penalty if the fix was actually carried out, no doubt, but that is null because of the plea bargain agreement.

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:24 pm

A shame because it's definitely going to dent our title hopes, but it's not as bad as it looks. He still gets to go to the training sessions to coach the team, he'll definitely keep in touch with the interim manager to give him some lessons, and this is where he'll be sitting during the home games:

Conte to accept 3 month ban in plea bargain over match fixing 524363_381943541873245_1739344700_n

By the way, "It's important to note that unlike in criminal law, accepting a plea bargain in a 'sporting justice' trial is not an admission of guilt. That is why Conte is likely to have been convinced by the Juve management to take the plea bargain, and guarantee himself only a 3 month ban"
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:26 pm

Well i have heard Bonucci is apparently not ready to take the plea bargain and would defend himself till the very end rather..His case is much more serious than Conte and Pepe as he's actually accused of fixing games.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:43 pm

7amood11 wrote:A shame because it's definitely going to dent our title hopes, but it's not as bad as it looks. He still gets to go to the training sessions to coach the team, he'll definitely keep in touch with the interim manager to give him some lessons, and this is where he'll be sitting during the home games:

Conte to accept 3 month ban in plea bargain over match fixing 524363_381943541873245_1739344700_n

By the way, "It's important to note that unlike in criminal law, accepting a plea bargain in a 'sporting justice' trial is not an admission of guilt. That is why Conte is likely to have been convinced by the Juve management to take the plea bargain, and guarantee himself only a 3 month ban"

I wholeheartedly disagree about a plea bargain not being an admission of guilt

Think about it, if his hands were truly clean, he would go to court and have no ban at all. Obviously there is something which points towards him getting a lengthier ban if not for the plea bargain.

The plea bargain is just the correct move in this situation. No need to drag things out, admits involvement, aids in other cases and just keeps the system moving.

I'm actually happy that Conte made this deal rather than allowed the case to go to court and inevitably see him receive something more severe

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:49 pm

Luca wrote:

Think about it, if his hands were truly clean, he would go to court and have no ban at all. Obviously there is something which points towards him getting a lengthier ban if not for the plea bargain.

The plea bargain is just the correct move in this situation. No need to drag things out, admits involvement, aids in other cases and just keeps the system moving.

I'm actually happy that Conte made this deal rather than allowed the case to go to court and inevitably see him receive something more severe

I put that in quotation marks because those weren't my words, I just wanted to see what others thought.

I definitely agree that he should've taken the plea bargain if he was aware about the match-fixing.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:51 pm

7amood11 wrote:
Luca wrote:

I put that in quotation marks because those weren't my words, I just wanted to see what others thought.

I definitely agree that he should've taken the plea bargain if he was aware about the match-fixing.

Yeah, it was the correct decision. Hopefully, other managers and players make similar deals and this scandal will be closed a lot quicker

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:08 pm

Okay, I cleaned out the trolling and reopened the topic. Further trolling will be punished, this is for serious discussion.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:09 pm

rwo power wrote:Okay, I cleaned out the trolling and reopened the topic. Further trolling will be punished, this is for serious discussion.

Thanks.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:11 pm

I have a question about this whole thing though. Didn't Conte get the signatures of 15 people who said that Conte WASN'T aware about the match-fixing? What happened to that?
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:13 pm

7amood11 wrote:I have a question about this whole thing though. Didn't Conte get the signatures of 15 people who said that Conte WASN'T aware about the match-fixing? What happened to that?

I'm not aware of any such petition
In any case, there has to be some sort of evidence arguing the contrary

I wouldn't dwell on it, the plea bargain was taken for good reason I'm sure

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by stefanobada Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:20 am

He says he going to talk when the time is rite ... You need to remember when someone says" you knew about it "that is a very broad based comment / accusation . As easy as it is for people to offer money to fix games it is just as easy for people to offer money to make any kind of accusation
stefanobada
stefanobada
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by nyluigi Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:32 pm

Conte plea bargain reportedly rejected by FIGC judges. Conte is attempting to offer another plea of 4 months (Dec. 1st) suspension.

http://football-italia.net/22536/conte-agree-new-plea-bargain
nyluigi
nyluigi
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down