Raptorgunner
VanDeezNuts
Onyx
MJ
BarrileteCosmico
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Expectations for City's CL campaign? - Page 2 Empty Re: Expectations for City's CL campaign?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:13 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
eroticfishcake wrote:Champions League final atleast.
Must be joke Laughing
Clearly it must be a joke to think that the winner of the EPL could reach the CL final pirat

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Expectations for City's CL campaign? - Page 2 Empty Re: Expectations for City's CL campaign?

Post by Kick Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:00 am

Not very far, out in early knock out stages IMO.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:38 am

They will go far if Nir Biton is part of their first team plan. The kid is absolute class. Busquets v2.0.

Mancity w/o Biton - QF , ManCity w/Biton - SF :coffee:
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:42 am

Last 8, semi's or even the finals. People need to stop underrating them, they have a very strong squad.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:48 am

R16-Quarters
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Jul 29, 2012 12:59 am

RED 80s. wrote:Last 8, semi's or even the finals. People need to stop underrating them, they have a very strong squad.

They have the same squad they had last year and didn't get out of their group. They have a year of experience under their belt this time, doesn't mean people are out of bounds for assuming that they'll do a bit better but not win.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:37 am

Barrettinator wrote:
eroticfishcake wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
Must be joke Laughing

A joke? Just because they have a shit manager like Mancini, non-settled/arrogant/stupid strikers like Tevez and Balotelli, midfield maestros like Barry and Milner, headless chickens like Clichy and Richards, poor depth in squad, the fact their only title last season was won in goal difference, they have no experience in champions league, got out of their group last season, was knocked down by Sporting Lisbon you don't think they can reach atleast the final?
LMAO rofl

It gets even funnier. You just listed most of their problems. How else do you want me to answer you? Laughing

I think he was being sarcastic Laughing
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:52 am

Soul wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
eroticfishcake wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
Must be joke Laughing

A joke? Just because they have a shit manager like Mancini, non-settled/arrogant/stupid strikers like Tevez and Balotelli, midfield maestros like Barry and Milner, headless chickens like Clichy and Richards, poor depth in squad, the fact their only title last season was won in goal difference, they have no experience in champions league, got out of their group last season, was knocked down by Sporting Lisbon you don't think they can reach atleast the final?
LMAO rofl

It gets even funnier. You just listed most of their problems. How else do you want me to answer you? Laughing

I think he was being sarcastic Laughing
I'd like to think so, otherwise.......LOL Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:19 am

they will qualify for the knockout stages...
but cant see them beyond quarters..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkForrest17 Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:52 am

Im not sure why expectations are so low for them. Its knock out football and anything can happen. Their squad is more than good enough to take them pretty far. They just need some good luck to get favorable matchups and things to go their way.

We certainly had our fair share of that last season cheers So I feel the same can go for city next year.
MarkForrest17
MarkForrest17
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:00 am

if they can get out of the Group stages i think they can go all the way in the knockouts, they are defensively a really good team and knowing Mancini i think they will go with 3 DM in Knockout
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:33 pm

Given how tough this years CL is i think they will go to quarters.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:20 pm

They were saddled with a very tough group last season. Combine that with a lack of Champions League experience and - let's be honest - a focus on winning the Premiere League, and it's not a major failure not to have qualified for the knock out stages. Besides, didn't they have the highest point total of any team that didn't reach the group stages... (Please correct me if I am wrong in this statement.) They could have easily reached the knockout stage last season had they not been so unfortunate. It's a far cry from the utter failure of United, being edged by Benfica and Basel.
MarkForrest17 wrote:Im not sure why expectations are so low for them. Its knock out football and anything can happen. Their squad is more than good enough to take them pretty far. They just need some good luck to get favorable matchups and things to go their way.

We certainly had our fair share of that last season cheers So I feel the same can go for city next year.

I agree completely, but it's hard to project past making the knockout stages without believing them to be a true contender for the cup. I think they will/should certainly make the knockout stages, but they will not make the final. Somewhere between round of 16 and the Semis is a reasonable success for them this campaign.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:45 pm

They can always use the underdog mentality and gets to the semis or something imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Direxius Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:48 am

Anything can happen with such a team, they have so much quality in various aspects but they lack things that prevent me from being too sure or confident on their situation. Their midfield could be better and so could their mentality.

I just don't see mancini commanding a team that can go far in the cl, they don't seem balanced but if they get a good draw in the group stage, and considering that they are PL champions, i'd say they reach the quarters and then get eliminated (if they get a formidable opponent, which considering this year's contenders, they probably would.)
Direxius
Direxius
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:59 am

I reckon they will just scrape out. I put my bet they will be placed with Barca in the group stages...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2