Egyptian Elections

+4
Grande_Milano
RealGunner
Yuri Yukuv
7amood11
8 posters

Go down

Egyptian Elections Empty Egyptian Elections

Post by 7amood11 Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:51 am

Results will be announced right now.

It's between Mohammad Morsi and Ahmed Shafiq. Shafiq used to be in Mubarak's government, so if he wins, Egyptians have just put themselves back in square 1.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 3112
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Egyptian Elections Empty Re: Egyptian Elections

Post by Yuri Yukuv Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:00 am

Islamists have won, all egyptians bow down to brotherhood now
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 1974
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 76

Back to top Go down

Egyptian Elections Empty Re: Egyptian Elections

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:03 am

thank god shafiq didn't win
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89375
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Egyptian Elections Empty Re: Egyptian Elections

Post by 7amood11 Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:05 am

Thank God, Morsi won. The better choice by far.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 3112
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Egyptian Elections Empty Re: Egyptian Elections

Post by Grande_Milano Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:17 am

why cant they have a liberal or conservative candidate to win :facepalm:

always doing it the hard way, such an opportunity for free election might not come again :facepalm:
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 2250
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Egyptian Elections Empty Re: Egyptian Elections

Post by Forza Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:31 am

Grande_Milano wrote:why cant they have a liberal or conservative candidate to win :facepalm:

always doing it the hard way, such an opportunity for free election might not come again :facepalm:
I agree. I'm not Egyptian, but it was ridiculous to that they were even considering an ex-govt. candidate. Wasn't the revolution partly aimed at getting rid of people like him? And I don't think the brotherhood will bring the much needed reforms (and secularism) that the country needs.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham
Posts : 8871
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Egyptian Elections Empty Re: Egyptian Elections

Post by Grande_Milano Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:40 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
Grande_Milano wrote:why cant they have a liberal or conservative candidate to win :facepalm:

always doing it the hard way, such an opportunity for free election might not come again :facepalm:
I agree. I'm not Egyptian, but it was ridiculous to that they were even considering an ex-govt. candidate. Wasn't the revolution partly aimed at getting rid of people like him? And I don't think the brotherhood will bring the much needed reforms (and secularism) that the country needs.

is there some sort of nationalist or monarchist party in the election?

rebuild monarchy, put parliament=profit :coffee:
Grande_Milano
Grande_Milano
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 2250
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Egyptian Elections Empty Re: Egyptian Elections

Post by zizzle Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:47 am

the lesser of two evils won
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 6887
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 102

Back to top Go down

Egyptian Elections Empty Re: Egyptian Elections

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:17 pm

TBH it doesn't really matter, the military still holds most of the power, let's wait for the constitution to be finalized and how the actual policy outcome is put together.

Then, and only then, will Egyptians realize that democracy can hurt, too - because now they're not being oppressed by 5% of the population, it'll be like 50% Very Happy
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli
Posts : 8907
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Egyptian Elections Empty Re: Egyptian Elections

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:15 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:TBH it doesn't really matter, the military still holds most of the power, let's wait for the constitution to be finalized and how the actual policy outcome is put together.

Then, and only then, will Egyptians realize that democracy can hurt, too - because now they're not being oppressed by 5% of the population, it'll be like 50% Very Happy

+1
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89375
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Egyptian Elections Empty Re: Egyptian Elections

Post by Yuri Yukuv Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:57 pm

7amood11 wrote:Thank God, Morsi won. The better choice by far.

Whats happening in your country 7amood11?
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 1974
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 76

Back to top Go down

Egyptian Elections Empty Re: Egyptian Elections

Post by Cruijf Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:26 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:TBH it doesn't really matter, the military still holds most of the power, let's wait for the constitution to be finalized and how the actual policy outcome is put together.

This, this, this.

See how much benefit education does everyone ladies and gentlemen?

I'm Egyptian myself and I can tell you that although Shafiq not being elected is the best news we've had for a long time, the military has to give up power ASAP or we'll be back to square one.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 3790
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Egyptian Elections Empty Re: Egyptian Elections

Post by 7amood11 Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:56 am

Yuri Yukuv wrote:
7amood11 wrote:Thank God, Morsi won. The better choice by far.

Whats happening in your country 7amood11?

Good.


Last edited by 7amood11 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 3112
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Egyptian Elections Empty Re: Egyptian Elections

Post by 7amood11 Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:57 am

Libyan elections officially finished last night, it was a huge success Very Happy

1.7 million people voted out of an eligible 2.8m. That's just over 60%, which is very good for a country that hasn't had elections for the past 42 years eco smile

Apart from a couple of disturbances, the elections went extremely well. Libya's already making huge progress in many areas, progress that I've honestly never seen before with the past government.

I'm extremely satisfied with how things are going atm eco smile
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 3112
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Egyptian Elections Empty Re: Egyptian Elections

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum