Blue
the xcx
Blue Barrett
Kick
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Who?

Hazard, Hulk or Lucas Moura - Page 2 Vote_lcap67%Hazard, Hulk or Lucas Moura - Page 2 Vote_rcap 67% 
[ 6 ]
Hazard, Hulk or Lucas Moura - Page 2 Vote_lcap33%Hazard, Hulk or Lucas Moura - Page 2 Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 3 ]
Hazard, Hulk or Lucas Moura - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Hazard, Hulk or Lucas Moura - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

Hazard, Hulk or Lucas Moura - Page 2 Empty Re: Hazard, Hulk or Lucas Moura

Post by BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue Mon May 28, 2012 2:42 am

Kick wrote:
Blue wrote:
Kick wrote:
Blue wrote:
Kick wrote:Considering each will cost 30-40m, I doubt we will sign more than one.

How successful do you think we could be next season with one of Hulk or Hazard?

If we play like we did under Robbie, top 4 for sure and that is what I want. As long as we look to add more youngsters over the next few years we will be challenging EPL in no time, but not next year.

I would love to win the FA cup again but I don't see us winning any other trophy, maybe EPL if Robbie gets the job and does an incredible job.

I don't think the board would be happy by taking a step back. We just won the CL, i am sure the board is thinking using the CL victory as a momentum to take a step further. The investment will be worth it if we challenge on all fronts.

I am pretty sure Hazard and Hulk wont be convinced to come here, if the club not making big investment and build a squad to challenge the world best.

We just lost our best player in Drogba, we are not a better team then a few weeks ago. And the way we won the CL can't be replicated.

I don't want to replicate our CL run in the EPL. I believe Roberto used the correct tactics for each match and can do the same for the EPL. Drogba is a massive loss but who is to say Torres cannot score important goals for us next year? RDB has certainly brought the best out of him and can do the same next season.

As for CL and pushing on, either Roman will say 'ok we won CL, now lets rebuild' or he will want more. Personally, I think it would be best to have a rebuilding year with RDM as he brings the best out of our players, listen to any player interview about Robbie and you will see the same. Even with a rebuilding year, Robbie would get the best out of our players and more creativity behind Torres means there won't be a lack of goals. The only thing left is to plug up the defence which can be done by bringing in a Good assistant like Steve Clarke.
BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue wrote:Is it me or are we generally leery about big-money transfers after *ahem ahem* and is that clouding our judgement in general?

I can't help but think about this.
Fresh blood Twisted Evil

Who would you sign?

I would sign Hazard. All the indecisiveness that has been put in the media is most likely agent-driven. He's spent 7 years at Lille, and when the transfer rumours started last year, he said he'd stay for one more year. He's only 21, and it seems more like naivete than ego.

That being said, he's got bags of skill, and I'd love to see the competition develop for the #10 role with Mata. Mata doesn't seem like the kind of guy to have too much trouble playing on the left side, and with De Bruyne coming in ever so often, the midfield won't be as much of a liability as it used to be.

How about a deep-lying creator (Modric?) Any ideas?

BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon May 28, 2012 2:50 am

For a DLP, I am happy with Lampard as No.1 and would gladly take McEachran as No.2 but unfortunately he cannot defend so I would be inclinded to work out a Deal with Swansea to get Joe Allen and loan Josh there again.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon May 28, 2012 3:06 am

Ah! Naivete! never thought of it that way. Could be the case.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon May 28, 2012 3:10 am

Kick wrote:
Blue wrote:
Kick wrote:
Blue wrote:
Kick wrote:Considering each will cost 30-40m, I doubt we will sign more than one.

If we play like we did under Robbie, top 4 for sure and that is what I want. As long as we look to add more youngsters over the next few years we will be challenging EPL in no time, but not next year.

I would love to win the FA cup again but I don't see us winning any other trophy, maybe EPL if Robbie gets the job and does an incredible job.

I don't think the board would be happy by taking a step back. We just won the CL, i am sure the board is thinking using the CL victory as a momentum to take a step further. The investment will be worth it if we challenge on all fronts.

I am pretty sure Hazard and Hulk wont be convinced to come here, if the club not making big investment and build a squad to challenge the world best.

We just lost our best player in Drogba, we are not a better team then a few weeks ago. And the way we won the CL can't be replicated.

I don't want to replicate our CL run in the EPL. I believe Roberto used the correct tactics for each match and can do the same for the EPL. Drogba is a massive loss but who is to say Torres cannot score important goals for us next year? RDB has certainly brought the best out of him and can do the same next season.

As for CL and pushing on, either Roman will say 'ok we won CL, now lets rebuild' or he will want more. Personally, I think it would be best to have a rebuilding year with RDM as he brings the best out of our players, listen to any player interview about Robbie and you will see the same. Even with a rebuilding year, Robbie would get the best out of our players and more creativity behind Torres means there won't be a lack of goals. The only thing left is to plug up the defence which can be done by bringing in a Good assistant like Steve Clarke.

RDM tactics was mainly based off Drogba, hoof the ball and get behind the defender and wait for Drogba to do something amazing. Extremely effective and a lot of luck played its part.

I don't believe Torres can do what Drogba did this season in important time. I believe Torres will have a better season, maybe score 20-25 goals. But he won't carry us like Drogba did this season when we really need him like against valencia, Napoli, Barca, Bayern, Spuds, etc.

I give RDM his credit but lets not make him some sort of magician, like the expectation we had for AVB. And find our self in sixth place only a miracle finish saved our season.

Anyway i really believe we will spend big this summer. I would love to see Josh, Kakuta, De Bruyne to be given their chances, but that is not happening we will end up playing shit players like Meirless, Malouda, and Essien.

Joe Allen? Hope not, player with limited ability and no potential. Just mediocre.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon May 28, 2012 3:13 am

RDM is not naturally a defensive minded coach. Look at his time at WBA and MK Dons. He played some amazing football. He just had to adapt to what the players could do best and get the best out of them, given the conditions and limitations.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue Mon May 28, 2012 3:13 am

Kick wrote:For a DLP, I am happy with Lampard as No.1 and would gladly take McEachran as No.2 but unfortunately he cannot defend so I would be inclinded to work out a Deal with Swansea to get Joe Allen and loan Josh there again.

This Joe Allen, not bad
BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue
BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon May 28, 2012 3:20 am

Barrettinator wrote:RDM is not naturally a defensive minded coach. Look at his time at WBA and MK Dons. He played some amazing football. He just had to adapt to what the players could do best and get the best out of them, given the conditions and limitations.

Exactly. This is what most complainers who've been moaning for the past month seem to be neglecting. They talk like he's your run-of-the-mill Italian park the bus type of manager, but if they actually knew anything about his career, they'd know that couldn't be further from the truth.

It's just a matter, as you said, of him using the tactics/system that suits the players he had, which is something a certain someone failed/refused to do, which ended up costing him his job.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon May 28, 2012 3:25 am

Blue wrote:
Kick wrote:
Blue wrote:
Kick wrote:
Blue wrote:

RDM tactics was mainly based off Drogba, hoof the ball and get behind the defender and wait for Drogba to do something amazing. Extremely effective and a lot of luck played its part.

I don't believe Torres can do what Drogba did this season in important time. I believe Torres will have a better season, maybe score 20-25 goals. But he won't carry us like Drogba did this season when we really need him like against valencia, Napoli, Barca, Bayern, Spuds, etc.

I give RDM his credit but lets not make him some sort of magician, like the expectation we had for AVB. And find our self in sixth place only a miracle finish saved our season.

Anyway i really believe we will spend big this summer. I would love to see Josh, Kakuta, De Bruyne to be given their chances, but that is not happening we will end up playing shit players like Meirless, Malouda, and Essien.

Joe Allen? Hope not, player with limited ability and no potential. Just mediocre.

Actually, our Tactics for the most part were hoof the ball to Drogba who plays it to Ramires or hoof it to Ramires.

I honestly believe RDM is smart enough to work out the best tactics for each match, but then again, I am very much an Optimist.

The main difference between RDM and AVB is that the players love RDM and will work very hard for him. Very few felt the same about AVB. Had they all loved AVB we would have finished our season better, no doubt.

So I don't think RDM will work magic (I hope he does though) but I think he will do a better job simply because he is someone the players believe in.

And Joe Allen would be a very good back up, cheap too. However, I don't think he will get much better and could well end up doing a Charlie Adam, hence why we only loan Josh to Swansea. Razz
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon May 28, 2012 3:26 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:RDM is not naturally a defensive minded coach. Look at his time at WBA and MK Dons. He played some amazing football. He just had to adapt to what the players could do best and get the best out of them, given the conditions and limitations.

Exactly. This is what most complainers who've been moaning for the past month seem to be neglecting. They talk like he's your run-of-the-mill Italian park the bus type of manager, but if they actually knew anything about his career, they'd know that couldn't be further from the truth.

It's just a matter, as you said, of him using the tactics/system that suits the players he had, which is something a certain someone failed/refused to do, which ended up costing him his job.
He's got an eye for talent too. He bought Odemwingie at WBA(which was a genius buy). He's not as bad for the rebuilding job as some seem to be making him out to be.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Mon May 28, 2012 4:33 am

I'd go with Hulk. A 'revolution' might not be the best idea so we need to retain what we know best and power up front has always been Chelsea's trademark.

That said, I believe we need at least 3 signings including Hulk, one for the midfield (I doubt Marin would become an automatic starter) and a Right Back
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon May 28, 2012 4:36 am

RB will be one of VDW or Azpilicueta.

Midfield, I am hoping for Joe Allen or Fellaini.

And either Hulk or Hazard for wing and I will be happy.

Plus I live in the hope that KDB and Marin will play next season and will kick butt.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue Mon May 28, 2012 4:39 am

Kick wrote:RB will be one of VDW or Azpilicueta.

Midfield, I am hoping for Joe Allen or Fellaini.

And either Hulk or Hazard for wing and I will be happy.

Plus I live in the hope that KDB and Marin will play next season and will kick butt.

I would take Azpilicueta over VDW
Fellaini would be great as a CDM/CM - Joao Moutinho anyone?
I prefer Hazard over Hulk
BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue
BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon May 28, 2012 4:46 am

Moutinho = Overpriced. :coffee:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon May 28, 2012 4:49 am

Barrettinator wrote:Moutinho = Overpriced. :coffee:

A player from Porto, overpriced?? You don't say... Very Happy
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue Mon May 28, 2012 4:51 am

Rule of thumb Everyone from Porto's overpriced

Bosingwa
Meireles
Quaresma
Anderson

That's why I'm leery about Hulk
BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue
BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon May 28, 2012 4:54 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:

A player from Porto, overpriced?? You don't say... Very Happy
LOL the Pinto da Costa empire. Razz

Btw, GOAT sig. :bow:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon May 28, 2012 4:54 am

BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue wrote:

Bosingwa
Meireles
Quaresma
Anderson

You actually think we're going to pay £100M for Hulk? Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue Mon May 28, 2012 4:56 am

Barrettinator wrote:

Bosingwa
Meireles
Quaresma
Anderson

Well his game against Denmark hasn't made him cheaper :coffee: This is trademark Pinto da Costa.
BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue
BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon May 28, 2012 4:57 am

Bosingwa
Meireles
Quaresma
Anderson

Don't forget a certain short, bearded Portuguese chap. You know, the one who somehow became the most expensive manager in the history of the game...
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon May 28, 2012 4:57 am

Personally i am not a believer in Ramires, i think he did well as winger but surely we can do better in finding a wide man. Come on he was effective but the presence of Kalouda and out of form Sturridge made him look better then he was.

He should play in midfield, i am not convinced but maybe he improves his passing and doesn't run into other players. Very Happy

Or RB Very Happy

Also our reliance on Mata is dangerous, he gets injured and there goes creativity.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue Mon May 28, 2012 4:59 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:

Bosingwa
Meireles
Quaresma
Anderson

Don't forget a certain short, bearded Portuguese chap. You know, the one who somehow became the most expensive manager in the history of the game...

I knew I forgot someone!
BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue
BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon May 28, 2012 5:00 am

He will be 40m max. Probably closer to 30m.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon May 28, 2012 5:05 am

ShedEnd1905 wrote:

Bosingwa
Meireles
Quaresma
Anderson

Laughing

Aren't you like AVB's biggest fan? Very Happy
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Mon May 28, 2012 5:06 am

Barrettinator wrote:

Bosingwa
Meireles
Quaresma
Anderson

Well his game against Denmark hasn't made him cheaper :coffee: This is trademark Pinto da Costa.
I know he scored but did he actually perform that well?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon May 28, 2012 5:08 am

Barrettinator wrote:
ShedEnd1905 wrote:

Bosingwa
Meireles
Quaresma
Anderson

Laughing

Aren't you like AVB's biggest fan? Very Happy

Yes of course i was Very Happy
But that doesn't take away from the fact that the fee paid to get him was astronomical.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue Mon May 28, 2012 5:08 am

Barrettinator wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

Bosingwa
Meireles
Quaresma
Anderson

I know he scored but did he actually perform that well?

I don't think it was anything special, but given PdC's penchant for extortion, I bet he grasps at straws. Twisted Evil
BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue
BornBlueLiveBlueDieBlue
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next