Forza
DRK
Milan31
Dante
8 posters

Go down

Gratitude & Respect Empty Gratitude & Respect

Post by Dante Sat May 12, 2012 9:16 pm

The past days have been very emotional for the Rossoneri . First we lose the Scudetto , then a few days later we found out we will be losing our legends too. Frankly , my sadness is bigger for losing these players than anything else we could lose this season .

And so , tomorrow's game will be the last one in a Milan jersey for these players , who were with Milan through thick and thin , who lead Milan back to winning days , those who , gave us glorious moments for many years.
Doesn't matter how many years will pass , i won't forget what these players gave for this club and how many times they had to exceed expectations or do impossible stuff on the pitch , all for the glory of Milan and for us , the fans.

Alessandro Nesta

Gratitude & Respect Nesta_alessandro640_640
I will never forget the nighmares he gave to Milan's opponents in games , whether it was in Italy or in the Champions League. I've seen him mark , stop , tackle or win 1vs1 against the best players in the world for years and years , he's been the absolute defender on his prime and still one of the best in the world , at 36 years of age .
He's earned his place amongst the elit of the best defenders in the history of the game and he's certainly amongst the Milan greats. Thank you for everything Nesta , you re still the best in my eyes .

Gennaro Gattuso

Gratitude & Respect 52dc1bc7f22077cf6ed73bd8620c_grande
I will never forget how much he has done all these years on the pitch to help his teammates . If someone takes a car and travels the miles Gattuso has run for Milan in games, he will travel all of Italy .
But his biggest contribution was and is his passion , his loyalty and most importantly , his love for Milan. And it's only smaller than the love the Rossoneri have shown to him all over those years . They don't make players like Gattuso anymore . Thank you Rinno and the best of luck , you ve been more than a player for Milan.

Clarence Seedorf

Gratitude & Respect 0lycv110
I will never forget the class and the sheer quality of football he brought with him in Milan , since 2002. He's been a catalyst in every single one of our success and that alone is worthy of endless praise . Since i ve watched my first Milan match , i ve waited to watch what Seedorf will do with the ball , such was my admiration for him. One of the best midfielders in the history of the game and certainly one of the best players in Champions League history. If Allegri doesn't allow him to play in this last game , i will officialy stop supporting him . Milan will be always your home Seedorf , thank you for everything you have done for us , Milan and the game.

Pippo Inzaghi

Gratitude & Respect MilanLpoolInzaghi2_468x295
I will never forget his mad celebrations , the most unique and honest ones a footballer gave to his fans. His goalscoring instinct is still unmatched in football and i would be surprised to witness such a footballer in the future. That eye for goal that Pippo had , that awareness right in the edge of everything , gave the Rossoneri countless moments of joy and happyness and the least we all could do was celebrate his goals like him. Thank you Super Pippo , you are a true Milan legend and one of the best strikers in the history of the game. I doubt if i can celebrate goals the same way when he scored. I hope we can go mad one more time tomorrow , Pippo style .

Mark Van Bommel

Gratitude & Respect Markvanbommel
Even though he's not a Milan legend , he's a legend in the game and one of my favourite players since his days at Barcelona. Strong , clever , technical . This is Van Bommel , a player who arrived at Milan last January and looked like he's been with us for years. When i saw him cry in that recent interview , even though i didn't get a word , i was moved and made me so sad .Love aplenty for Van Bommel , i am gratefull he's been our player for the last year and a half. I just wish he had arrived at Milan years back. Thank you Mark , you ve been sensational.

The gratitude and the respect i have for these players is huge , honest and eternal . Thank you for everything , Nesta , Gattuso , Seedorf , Inzaghi and Van Bommel .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Gratitude & Respect Empty Re: Gratitude & Respect

Post by Milan31 Sat May 12, 2012 10:01 pm

Thumbs up +1

could not have said it better myself. These players will be missed forever Sad
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sat May 12, 2012 10:06 pm

Milan31 wrote: Thumbs up +1

could not have said it better myself. These players will be missed forever Sad

I know .. i am quite devastated by their departures since yesterday. I just hope they all get the best farewell from San Siro
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Sat May 12, 2012 10:36 pm

Absolutely great professionals, great players and great people. All of them deserve to go out with a huge standing ovation. I know I will miss them greatly
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun May 13, 2012 2:03 am

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun May 13, 2012 4:02 pm

That's it , the end of an era . Farewell Rossoneri legends..
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Sun May 13, 2012 4:07 pm

It was beautiful watching them today, and all I wanted was a Pippo goal and he did it with such perfection. I will miss them, oh so much. End of an era Sad Goodbye legends Sad
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun May 13, 2012 4:11 pm

Milan31 wrote:It was beautiful watching them today, and all I wanted was a Pippo goal and he did it with such perfection. I will miss them, oh so much. End of an era Sad Goodbye legends Sad

I thought San Siro was going to explode when Pippo scored..such a great moment for Pippo .

I am so melancholic right now..or Milancholic
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Sun May 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Although he is not a Milan Legend he is certainly a legend of the game: Zambrotta. He too is leaving us and was crying at the end.

Forza the legends. One can blame Allegri for all of this but the truth is, they had to leave eventually. Allegri is just unlucky it happened under his reign.

Will always love these players and I thank them for everything.

Forza Milan.
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun May 13, 2012 4:37 pm

arabprince wrote:Although he is not a Milan Legend he is certainly a legend of the game: Zambrotta. He too is leaving us and was crying at the end.

Forza the legends. One can blame Allegri for all of this but the truth is, they had to leave eventually. Allegri is just unlucky it happened under his reign.

Will always love these players and I thank them for everything.

Forza Milan.

Yes , Zambro is leaving too..

I remember how excited i was when late that night his signing was confirmed by Milan . I couldn't believe it. Sadly , only his first season at Milan was up to his standards. Then he had some injuries , he begun to decline after that.

He was always admired in Italy and in Europe , best right fullback in his prime. I still remember the goal he scored against Lazio in his first season at Milan, such an amazing goal.

He served Milan as best he could in the final stages of his career and there's nothing more we could ask from him . Best of luck to Zambrotta.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun May 13, 2012 5:19 pm

i felt like crying when pippo scored,just sad.i imagine how people who saw his whole career felt
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun May 13, 2012 5:39 pm

Seedorf's assist and that control and finish from Pippo was just superb.

What I was most impressed by was the run to beat the offside trap though. I've come to expect that from Inzaghi, but it is only now that he's leaving, that I realise that nobody has ever been as good at beating the trap as that man, and nobody will ever be better than him at that.

A legend of Milan, a legend of the game and a legend of life.

Zambrotta, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini, van Bommel... wow, just wow. How did we even get them all at our club at the same time?!

This is a sad day in some respects, but a truly fantastic occasion where we can celebrate some of the classiest players ever and forget all the times we took them for granted.

They are not merely players in a game...
They are not just entertainers in a stadium...
They are real heroes in the football world.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun May 13, 2012 5:39 pm

Ganso wrote:i felt like crying when pippo scored,just sad.i imagine how people who saw his whole career felt

Indeed , this must be a really sad and melancholic day for them.

Pippo celebrating that last goal with Nesta , Gattuso and Seedorf , unforgetable..

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun May 13, 2012 5:50 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Seedorf's assist and that control and finish from Pippo was just superb.

What I was most impressed by was the run to beat the offside trap though. I've come to expect that from Inzaghi, but it is only now that he's leaving, that I realise that nobody has ever been as good at beating the trap as that man, and nobody will ever be better than him at that.

A legend of Milan, a legend of the game and a legend of life.

Zambrotta, Seedorf, Inzaghi, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini, van Bommel... wow, just wow. How did we even get them all at our club at the same time?!

This is a sad day in some respects, but a truly fantastic occasion where we can celebrate some of the classiest players ever and forget all the times we took them for granted.

They are not merely players in a game...
They are not just entertainers in a stadium...
They are real heroes in the football world.

What a goal , Seedorf's long ball then Inzaghi controling the ball with his chest and bang , what a goal it was..

I still can't believe i won't watch them play for Milan again .. they are heroes to me like you said , but i guess it was right about time .

Let's hope the next generation of Milan follows in their steps and show the same passion and proffesionalism these legends have shown all these years . We can't thank them enough unfortunately

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by shamr9pato Sun May 13, 2012 5:58 pm

Gratitude & Respect 526697_3799957993945_1127134199_33602349_9499961_n

doesnt this wanna make u..

Gratitude & Respect Img_0210
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Sun May 13, 2012 7:28 pm

Adriano Galliani wrote:“We’ll miss these extraordinary champions, men who kept the changing room the way it should be, good men. The end of an era. Milan is a club that loves its players and it’s always mutual. I don’t mean only the ones who have been here for a decade but also who, like Mark Van Bommel has only been here a year and a half. Rino Gattuso’s choice should be respected; it was him that wanted to leave. I tried to convince him. It would seem to be a definitive decision, but we have an excellent relationship and we’ll see. The players that are leaving are doing so because they think it’s the end of a era or because they want to play in a less demanding league. That’s the situation today, but there’s no certainty over tomorrow.
It was a competitive season. The club goes from winning to not winning, the adversaries change but we’re always there. Since Allegri’s arrival, even if it’s criticized, we have 20 points over third place. I don’t want to talk about the league as today, emotions prevail over reason. Much of the merit for all that the club has done is down to the strength, determination and concentration of Pippo Inzaghi. He’s incredibly professional. Much of the merit is his, and then of course what the president and I were able to do, we did. If Nesta hadn’t come to the club, I don’t think we would have won a Champions League title. For me the best thing was knocking out Inter in the semi-final and then Juventus in the final.”
Gattuso made his decision, he said he’s leaving and he said it with love and that’s the way it goes. Now we have to meet the players out of contract one by one. I think Allegri was a good choice and I hope that the next two seasons will be as good as the last two. It’ll be a good summer….”

Rino Gatusso wrote:"It was right to retire the Baresi and Maldini jerseys but I don’t think they should do the same with ours. I’ll keep today’s joy and emotions in my heart jealously. You can’t have second thought about certain things. I’ll try and return someday and we’ll see in what role that will be. I still feel like a player and I feel I can still give something to the game.”

Gianluca Zambrotta wrote:“It’s a special day full of indesribable emotions. It was the last game here at the San Siro for me and some of my team mates, players who made history with the club and with Italian football. It’s understandable that we’re all a bit emotional. It’s tough to leave such a great group of players that I’ve known for so long. I’ve known Rino for more than 15 years, with the international side even before coming to Milan. It’s tough to leave this club but life goes on. I’m about to have my first child and I’ll concentrate on that, that’s the priority. Milan always look to win the most possible and this year we got close in all competitions, they’ll try again next year. It’s a great group, fantastic people and I want to thank all the squad and the club for all that they gave me. When is aw Rino in the centre of the pitch, I wanted to give him a hug. It was right to leave the stage to these amazing champions who made history with the club. Thanks to all the fans for the affection they’ve shown me.”

Antonia Nocerino wrote:“Today was their day. A party a great day for everyone. They deserve this and much more. We were lucky enough to have them as our maestros but they can’t be replaced. You can’t create players like them, monumental, irreplaceable. It was incredible to have got to know them as men, I have a good relationship with all of them and I’ll miss them. I’ve been here a year and I feel close to all of them. It’s a real joy to see the stadium salute them like this. The fans, the club and the team have always been one single entity and we have to start again from that. I’ve won nothing and next season we’ll be playing to win and to keep the club colors flying high. These players are leaving without celebrating the title that they deserve. Rino is one of a kind and you won’t find another player like him both on and off the pitch. I was lucky enough to have met him and maybe I can take something from that. It doesn’t worry me to be seen as his heir. It’s an honor to be mentioned in the same sentence as such a football monument. You can only hope to learn something from him. I want to take this chance to thank him for giving me the chance to do well and to be a part of this family and I hope to be able to do 1% of what these players have done. They do more than talk and that’s another reason why they’re great.”

Djamel Mesbah wrote:"Big emotions and big players who have made history in world football. They’re all great men and great champions. Credit to them. It was a great afternoon. They have left me great humility and that what I expected from such great champions. Gattuso is extraordinary; he works hard and always runs the most on the pitch. They gave me a lot on these four months. We’re losing great players who started winning everything when I was still young. There have been many injuries this season with Pato and Cassano and Boateng we would have won no problem. We’ll be aiming high next season. We want the title because I came here to win. We had a lot of injuries but credit to Juventus who never lost a game but now we look to next season.”

Alberto Aquilani wrote:"Scenes that leave a mark on you today. I’m proud to have played with them. I was lucky enough to get to know fantastic players, champions who made history in football. They left with the shirt that they love after having made history and they showed themselves to be real players to the end. We’ll see about next season. There’s still a door half open.”
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Sun May 13, 2012 7:35 pm

thank you for these Il Diavolo Thumbs up
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Sun May 13, 2012 9:09 pm

Dante13 wrote:thank you for these Il Diavolo Thumbs up

Haha. No problem mate!
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DRK Mon May 14, 2012 11:49 pm

Interesting article on Seedorf FIFA did :bow:

Clarence Seedorf has been bringing his powerful physique to bear in midfield contests for more than 20 years now, and yet he remains something of a mystery.

The AC Milan veteran has never craved the spotlight, though, preferring to focus on his tireless efforts at the heart of the sides he has represented. He is, above all, a hard-working team player with a gift for breaking up play as well as instigating moves, blessed with a powerful shot that can often make the difference.

Nicknamed Il Professore by the Milan faithful, Seedorf has never forgotten his roots. Born in Paramaribo in Suriname, his grandfather Frederick was the son of a slave liberated by his German master, from whom he took the surname, Seedorf. Clarence himself started out in the game at the Ajax youth academy, and since then he has racked up a long list of winner’s medals at some of the most prestigious clubs in Europe.

It would take several pages, maybe even several books, to do full justice to Seedorf’s two decades in the game, but FIFA.com now invites you to learn a little more about this incredible athlete with the aid of a few facts and figures.

0: Clarence Seedorf has never once been shown a red card, despite making 801 club appearances in all competitions. In fact, the Dutchman has only picked up 15 yellow cards during his career, including six in 29 games this season.

1: The number of FIFA World Cup™️ final tournaments he has graced. He was present at France 1998 as Guus Hiddink’s side reached the semi-finals, but missed out in 2002 after the Netherlands finished behind Portugal and the Republic of Ireland in qualifying. Not on the best of terms with then coach Marco van Basten, he was subsequently left out of the squad for Germany 2006, before making his international return on 15 November 2006. He finally ended his Oranje playing days after turning down the chance to travel to UEFA EURO 2008, having collected 87 caps between 1994 and 2008.

3: The number of clubs Seedorf has helped win the UEFA Champions League: Ajax (1995), Real Madrid (1998) and AC Milan (2003 and 2007). He is the only player to have achieved this feat.

4: Seedorf’s three brothers – Chedric, Rhamlee and Jurgen – and his nephew Regilio are also professional footballers.

5: The number of clubs the Dutchman has represented in 21 seasons as a professional. He has won a total of 20 trophies with Ajax, Real Madrid and AC Milan, but failed to pick up silverware during his spells with Sampdoria and Inter Milan.

6: The number of trophies he won in three seasons and 82 matches for the club where he made his start, Ajax. He also helped himself to 11 goals in that time.

6: Seedorf can speak half a dozen languages: Dutch, English, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Surinamese.

18: He was 18 when he made his debut for the Netherlands in a 5-0 win against Luxembourg in Rotterdam on 14 December 1994.

21: The number of goals he scored in three-and-a-half years with Real Madrid. Fabio Capello made him a linchpin of the side that took the La Liga title in 1996/97 and he triumphed in the Champions League under Jupp Heynckes the following season.

93: The number of games he contested for Inter during his two-and-a-half years at the club. Hector Cuper, Marcello Lippi and Marco Tardelli made the most of his versatility to use him in a number of different positions, without ever settling on one.

123: The total number of goals he has scored in his career to date, an excellent haul for a complete midfielder who allies remarkable technique with physical strength and powerful, precise shooting ability from distance.

431: The number of matches he has disputed for I Rossoneri in all competitions. He has made more appearances for the side than any other foreign player, bettering the previous landmark of 394 set by legendary Swedish midfielder Nils Liedholm. Seedorf has earned himself a place in the club’s pantheon, despite arriving to general indifference from Inter in an exchange deal with Francesco Coco. Operating alongside Andrea Pirlo and Gennaro Gattuso in midfield, he played a major role in securing two Champions League titles, a FIFA Club World Cup, two Serie A crowns, a Coppa Italia and four Italian Super Cups.

300: Out of contract at the end of this season, Seedorf reached the 300-game mark with Milan in Italy’s top flight when he appeared against Novara on 13 May. At 36 years of age, the Dutchman remains as passionate about the game as ever.
DRK
DRK
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Tue May 15, 2012 1:08 am

wow, 0 red cards :bow:
absolute class.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue May 15, 2012 3:49 pm

Seedorf was and is still pure class. The team that gets him will be fortunate to have him.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down