How highly do you rate Kwadwo Assamoah.

+3
andiii
buddytaller
Le Samourai
7 posters

Go down

How highly do you rate Kwadwo Assamoah. Empty How highly do you rate Kwadwo Assamoah.

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 11, 2012 8:49 pm

In these categories.

1.Distribution and recycling of possession.
2.Dictating play
3.Defensive skill (Pressing,tackling,protection of back 4 when playing as a holding midfielder)
4.Attacking instincts ( touch,shooting,passing with either foot, ability to create space for himself, late runs etc)
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Kwadwo Assamoah. Empty Re: How highly do you rate Kwadwo Assamoah.

Post by buddytaller Fri May 11, 2012 8:58 pm

Don't watch a lot of him at Udinese, but for the Ghana National team, he's played primarily as a no 10 and sometimes on the left wing, he is technically gifted, but has been quite inconsistent for the national team, tends to drift in and out of games, he's still young and can improve.

He plays a deeper role for Udinese but I can't assess him on that. In the National team I rate Andre "Dede" Ayew ahead of him, hope he moves to a bigger team over the summer and show the world how good a player he is.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

How highly do you rate Kwadwo Assamoah. Empty Re: How highly do you rate Kwadwo Assamoah.

Post by Le Samourai Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:05 am

Lettuce revisit the question since the thread was initially such a remarkable failure.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:08 am

don't be so hard on yourself

you did a great job!
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:18 am

I'll try this, but it will be difficult to avoid being biased

He has been playing as a LWB for Juventus in their 3-5-2, so it is difficult for him to dictate play- especially in that role, but alongside a player who is world class at dictating play [Pirlo].

No complaints about his distribution and recycling of possession, I haven't seen him lose a ball or disrupt anything in that respect. He is sound while in possession and with distributing possession.

Defensive skill, as a LWB he does exactly what he needs to. Intense work rate up and down the left wing, can't ask for anything more. He tracks back and pushes forward with ease.

Attacking instincts, well, in his short Juventus career he has already shown a lot in this area. Wonder goal against Napoli, classy assist against Parma.

Napoli goal:

Parma assist:

He has been pure energy for Juventus and has made an instant impact to the team. Wonderful signing in my opinion. Anxious to see more from him.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:47 am

Serie A is minority on this forum...most people here have probably never seen him play so tough to ask the question
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:22 am

Seen him play many times for Udinese last season. There was never a doubt he would end up in a big club, very useful player.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:08 pm

I saw him play several times for Udinese last season, but I have yet to see him play for Juve. (Stupid work/TV schedules in my area... Since when did ESPN drop Serie A from their WatchESPN site?) Sad

I know that he was the heartbeat for Udinese last season. He was a box-to-box midfielder, who never stops running, and is very capable of controlling a game. For Juve, I'm not sure it's settled just how they are going to use him. I always assumed he would be cover for Marchisio and Vidal, but it appears he is laying claim to that LWB position in the 3-5-2 formation.

I would love to hear what some other Juve supporters have to say about his future. Is it at LWB or in CM, or some combination of both?
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down