Ready 30 million for Robin Van Persie

+4
The_ItalianFool
inderbaby
Kick
MMM
8 posters

Go down

Ready 30 million for Robin Van Persie Empty Ready 30 million for Robin Van Persie

Post by MMM Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:19 am

As reported in The Nation this morning, bouncing important news from England about Juventus. Overseas are safe imminent offer for the purchase of Robin Van Persie Arsenal. The number for the transfer would be just over 30 million euros. Recall that the player is out of contract in 2013.
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Ready 30 million for Robin Van Persie Empty Re: Ready 30 million for Robin Van Persie

Post by Kick Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:28 am

Do ITTT!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Ready 30 million for Robin Van Persie Empty Re: Ready 30 million for Robin Van Persie

Post by MMM Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:58 am

IMO arsenal wont let RVP go for 30m however a figure near 40m would solve the problem. Drogba can be an excellent addition as well
MMM
MMM
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:12 pm

Similar price to kun would probs do it...great striker though :shisha:

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:17 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2012/04/25/3059347/juventus-turn-attention-to-cavani
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:19 pm

I would rather have Cavani tbh, knows Serie A well.

I think he would be amazing at Juve. like Baloon Door quality..

(Probably not winning it due to players like messi, ronaldo but deffo up there Razz )
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:20 pm

I agree, Cavani is the one player I would pick honestly.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:26 pm

The_ItalianFool wrote:I agree, Cavani is the one player I would pick honestly.

Whats the Min/Max you would pay for him?

I think at the cheapest 25Mill and most around 35-40 million. and even thats pushing it. anymore and they can suck a wet one.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:27 pm

40 tops but 30 is a more fair price
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:30 pm

Cavani is never gonna happen...Napoli can get over 50m for him from Man city or PSG and directly funding a rival is stupid! Also de laurentis said that he doesn't want to sell Cavani and Cavani himself has recently said he is happy to stay at Napoli so I think its impossible almost :shisha:

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:43 pm

inderbaby wrote:Cavani is never gonna happen...Napoli can get over 50m for him from Man city or PSG and directly funding a rival is stupid! Also de laurentis said that he doesn't want to sell Cavani and Cavani himself has recently said he is happy to stay at Napoli so I think its impossible almost :shisha:

yeahh i read that the other day too.

Thing is, i dont really see Cavani going to either City OR PSG and if Cavani DOES infact want to leave but doesnt want to go to one of them two De Laurbentis has no choice but to settle for the 30odd million someone like Juve are offering or keep a player who has his heart set on a move.

Plus i hear he loves Italy so i think he wll stay in italy, maybe even with Napoli.

I dont know what cavani is thinking, this was just speculation.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:12 pm

RvP over Cavani any time of the week this ain't the only report this month and RvP refused to rule out this speculation but I doubt he will join
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:16 pm

DeviAngel wrote:RvP over Cavani any time of the week this ain't the only report this month and RvP refused to rule out this speculation but I doubt he will join

This is the only season RVP has managed to stay fit, iv always knew he had talent but if you think we should pay 25Mill+ for Robin Van Gamble then i dont know what to say.

Although if he could stay fit an still played for us as he has been playing for arsenal this season i would love to have him lol bu tthats exactly what it is, a really big gamble.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:24 pm

Cassius_Case wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:RvP over Cavani any time of the week this ain't the only report this month and RvP refused to rule out this speculation but I doubt he will join

This is the only season RVP has managed to stay fit, iv always knew he had talent but if you think we should pay 25Mill+ for Robin Van Gamble then i dont know what to say.

Although if he could stay fit an still played for us as he has been playing for arsenal this season i would love to have him lol bu tthats exactly what it is, a really big gamble.

Well every player in his career goes trough that kind of periods. He is the closes thing to ADP in playing style with Jovetic. I would choose Jovetic ofc he is younger ( he scored again today 10 mins ago) but RvP is oozing class and guaranties goals.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:34 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
Cassius_Case wrote:

Well every player in his career goes trough that kind of periods. He is the closes thing to ADP in playing style with Jovetic. I would choose Jovetic ofc he is younger ( he scored again today 10 mins ago) but RvP is oozing class and guaranties goals.

Van Persie is known for being a gamble though, hes only had 3 seasons where hes suppassed 15 goals. its only really been the last 2 seasons where hes managed to stay fit for a lengthy period of time and shown his quality that most people knew he had. He 's known for being injury prone though, gotta admit.

If he can keep fit though i would love him at Juve as like you say, hes very similar to ADP in certain ways. Just i get a nagging feeling hes going to go back to normal RVP after these 2 great seasons he's had which isnt a bad player by any means just if we splash a lot of cash for him we may end up :vagi:
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:36 pm

If we are buying RVP you wouldnt have the necessity of buying a No.10(atleast in the near future) as he can both score and create goals in addition to that he brings a truckload of experience on his side and has shown he can carry responsibility on his shoulders ,he can lead an attack,he's a spearhead and that is what we are missing right now i.e a spearhead in attack.He could well be Juve's Ibra.

I honestly wouldnt think it is a gamble to buy him to be honest ,he would definitely be worth the money we would be paying him(in this case 30m) .Pirlo was somewhat injury prone at Milan and he has played more minutes than our other two midfielders which makes me to think that the curse of vinovo has definitely perished.Although we should see to what extent our injury concerns have been banished when we play multiple competitions.

Coming back to RVP,this is why i say winning the scudetto is ever so important.It would mean that players like the calibre of RVP would be interested to join us since we are contesting for trophies.

Though i think RVP loves Arsenal too much and i doubt this transfer would happen considering the fact that Arsenal themselves are looking to make important movements in the market.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:47 pm

Surag wrote:If we are buying RVP you wouldnt have the necessity of buying a No.10(atleast in the near future) as he can both score and create goals in addition to that he brings a truckload of experience on his side and has shown he can carry responsibility on his shoulders ,he can lead an attack,he's a spearhead and that is what we are missing right now i.e a spearhead in attack.He could well be Juve's Ibra.

I honestly wouldnt think it is a gamble to buy him to be honest ,he would definitely be worth the money we would be paying him(in this case 30m) .Pirlo was somewhat injury prone at Milan and he has played more minutes than our other two midfielders which makes me to think that he curse of vinovo has definitely perished.Although we should see to what extent our injury concerns have been banished when we play multiple competitions.

Coming back to RVP,this is why i say winning the scudetto is ever so important.It would mean that players like the calibre of RVP would be interested to join us since we are contesting for trophies.

Though i think RVP loves Arsenal too much and i doubt this transfer would happen considering the fact that Arsenal themselves are looking to make important movements in the market.

I dont mean this in a rude way mate but did you follow RVP before he had his superstar seasons recently?

Even my friend who is a die hard gooner admits he was always uncertain what would happen to Robin throughout a season. He could be banging in spectacular goals for 4 matches and then be out for months only to come back with a huge drop in form and then regain that form only to get injured or lose it again.

I concede it looks silly to critize RVP after his remarkable seasons and winning PFA award but iv followed him for ages now and seen both sides of what can happen. For me he is 50-50 if he will succeed or not. like i keep saying, one simple injury and he can be out for months at a time, thats not something i want to pay 30million for, thats why i call it a gamble.

Also before anyone says one simple injury to any player can keep them out for months at a time that is true but for players like RVP and Robben it seems to happen to them more than others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robin_van_Persie < just have a quick look through his seasons, i think nearly every single one mentions an injury or two.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:15 pm

Ha! You think 25 million is a gamble for Van Persie? You have to be kidding me. He's in the prime of his career and killing it at Arsenal right now. He's virtually a one man show in their attack. I would love to have Van Persie. Trezeguet was also injury prone, but he was still great for Juve for a majority of each season. 25 million for Van Persie would be a steal.

Let's be honest. Cavani is great and younger and most of us would take him over Van Persie if his price was reasonable, but Napoli is never going to sell him to Juve and will never sell for anything less than 40-50 million and that's IF they want to sell him to another Italian team. I doubt that will happen because they can probably get that money from an English side. If Napoli sells anyone it will be Lavezzi and I'm not a fan. De Laurentiis isn't going to just give up on this Napoli side. He has put a lot of money into them to get them where they are now. He's not going to give up because he's not in UCL.

People need to be realistic.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:20 pm

Cassius_Case wrote:I dont mean this in a rude way mate but did you follow RVP before he had his superstar seasons recently?

Ofcourse i have followed him since his younger days.

Despite those injuries he has suffered he has had an excellent record in the past few years ,just check his record in 08-09 season.

We have to also consider the fact that he played a lot outwide in his younger days and probably had a lot more running to do to beat his man and nowadays he is more concentrated on the center and his role for me is very much similar to Ibra.Playmakes for the team and gets into good goalscoring positions.He's a complete player and you just cant pass out on him when the oppurtunity arises.

Not directly co-relating this to his injury record but it could be a factor.Also the slow pace of the game would just suit him fine.just IMO
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:25 pm

no one mentioned 25million?

And yes it is still a gamble.. too many people blinded by his brilliant season.
Its not as if i do want him to go back to his old injury prone 1/4 of a season self, i like this RVP but it still remains he walks on a tightrope which for a player like him can snap at any time.

I think i am being realistic, i think its people who expect him to be magically in the same dazzling form next year that need to get a reality check. this is his first season without an injury. one injury and it could all be up in smoke and 25-30-35 million whatever it is goes up in smoke.

I dont see how that is hard to understand. instead of just laughing what i say off, back yourself up?
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:25 pm

You can't stay away from RVP because of past injuries. Like I said, Trez used to constantly miss parts of a season because of injuries. All that matters right now is that Van Persie is at the peak of his career and playing consistently.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:29 pm

Surag wrote:
Cassius_Case wrote:I dont mean this in a rude way mate but did you follow RVP before he had his superstar seasons recently?

Ofcourse i have followed him since his younger days.

Despite those injuries he has suffered he has had an excellent record in the past few years ,just check his record in 08-09 season.

We have to also consider the fact that he played a lot outwide in his younger days and probably had a lot more running to do to beat his man and nowadays he is more concentrated on the center and his role for me is very much similar to Ibra.Playmakes for the team and gets into good goalscoring positions.He's a complete player and you just cant pass out on him when the oppurtunity arises.

Not directly co-relating this to his injury record but it could be a factor.Also the slow pace of the game would just suit him fine.just IMO
Excellent post Thumbs up

Yeah i know he was great that year too.

I agree he did play outwide for a while didnt he. Yeah iv noticed he's alot more 'strikery' these days, you can see it when he plays aswell as his expeience of playing wide helps too, iv seen him collect the ball from the wing, make a play, somehow appear in the box and score.

That is someone we need, who can play everywhere in the final 3rd!

Its not his ability im worries about, just his injuries and how *bleep* up our season could be if he gets a knock.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:33 pm

An injury would suck, but we would still have Quags and/or Matri. Those are pretty solid reserves. Juve managed when Trez went down back in the day. We need a class striker to add to our current mix.

I don't know why I'm getting worked up about this debate. I just don't see Arsenal letting him leave. I think the fans would riot after the departures they had to deal with last summer. I'd love to see him at Juve, but I also wouldn't mind seeing him finish his career with Arsenal. However, it's not Arsenal's style to keep players for a long time.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum