Collblanc
Die Borussen
Kev
the xcx
dwaynejohnson28
40 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The "Invincible Barca" is finished. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "Invincible Barca" is finished.

Post by barca 2011 Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:36 pm

IDK about this thread. I know we have been regarded extremely highly the last 3-4 years but rightfully so. But immortal???? We lost the CL in 2010, the Copa del Rey in 2011 and now, likely the Liga in 2012. If we were "Immortal", the first 2 wouldn't of happened and we're still somewhat likely to be the first team to win back to back UEFA CLs. Whether were on a decline remains to be seen but calling Barca immortal is just like saying they're unbeatable. They're not. Still, I have my doubts about Messi's planetary origin.

barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The "Invincible Barca" is finished. - Page 2 Empty Re: The "Invincible Barca" is finished.

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:40 pm

alexjanosik wrote:You are right.We are finally drawing level with what we are.
Over the past 4 years we have only been one of the top 5 teams in the world. :facepalm:

Yes you have been. Maybe #1 in that top5, but part of the Top5 either way. And the difference between the Top5 teams just isn't as big as many people believe.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:06 pm

Most of Barca's key players are getting older and worse. Only Messi is improving. There will come a point when you will have to find replacements for Xavi and Iniesta. And I'm afraid there are none. Your tactics will eventually have to adapt to that reality. I'm interested in seeing how Messi copes with those changes.

And I'd really like for Pep to stay at Barca and see what he will do in the future.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:56 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
alexjanosik wrote:You are right.We are finally drawing level with what we are.
Over the past 4 years we have only been one of the top 5 teams in the world. :facepalm:

Yes you have been. Maybe #1 in that top5, but part of the Top5 either way. And the difference between the Top5 teams just isn't as big as many people believe.

Let me guess.
Bayern have been on our level over the past 4 years.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:38 pm

zarola wrote:ffs Arsenal beat them in the first leg last year that doesn't mean anything since they lost to Chelsea, if they get knocked out from Chelsea then we'll talk.

a loss against RM is not as big of a shock as everyone's making it out to be.

this.

barca are going to raep chelsea in the camp nou and win the CL Final.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

The "Invincible Barca" is finished. - Page 2 Empty The "Invincible Barca" is finished.

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:08 pm

Well not quite invincible, but we have dominated to much and won so much in the last few years that I think me and a lot of Barca fans thought we were by far the best team, and almost untouchable at times. Reak though this season have proved otherwise, and now this result and this season overall, many factors have now meant that I think unless Pep changes some of his ideals, we will find it more and more difficult ahead to dominate as we did in the last few years.... hence the cycle downhill.

I guess this is just normak in football, just like many teams in the history, they dominate and decline. Whether its tht bad we will see, if we are able to adapt and evolve we will still be up there, but its hard to see atm that we will dominate so much in teh near future. That is unless Pep becomes more adaptable I think in his tactics and ideals... its obvious to everyone that our gameplan doesnt work all the time and its becoming more and more predictable....

We have had bad luck with injuries but thats only part of it.... we need to adapt and evolve... so looking ahead, whats everyone's opinion on this Barca? Pep will likely to stick to his ideal and promote youthm which will probably mean some time for the team to gel? Or do u think it will happen as smoothly as say Busquets and Pedro a few years back? Should we strengthen? What should he change? Or am I just overreacting? Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:08 pm

Only Juventus is invincible, and they are only starting :dance:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:10 pm

It's just tactics. Barca played too many CM's against Real Madrid and Chelsea. They need inside forwards who score goals. Also they should return to the 4-3-3.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:11 pm

Pep won't be around.
He'll be crucified.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:13 pm

If Barca makes a few changes during the summer...they will be back stronger than ever! The same was said in 2008, but look what happened?

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:16 pm

People always overestimate the frontrunners and underestimate the underdogs, Barca are still great, the differences between the teams within the top 5, maybe even top 10, are just much smaller than most people think.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:16 pm

Im not so sure if its as simple as a matter of playing more inside forwards or just making a few changes in the summer.... teams are figuring us out, and Pep is often too stubborn with the tactics tbh....

The few changes, Im not so sure myself what should happen in the summer right now... if we should sign or promote....
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:17 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:People always overestimate the frontrunners and underestimate the underdogs, Barca are still great, the differences between the teams within the top 5, maybe even top 10, are just much smaller than most people think.

Thats true right now I guess....although it wasnt or felt like it was in the last few years where we won so much.... its just so difficult to accept this fact atm! Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:18 pm

Yes but TBH I felt that Barca won quite a few games with a lot of luck, and today they only lost as well because they had incredibly bad luck. Hitting the woodwork 4 times in 2 matches against Chelsea? They could've just as well won both matches and nobody would've said that Barca scored against the flow of the game.

Barca are still a Top 5 side, it's just that even #1 can lose against #5 on any given day, with a bit of bad luck.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:19 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Im not so sure if its as simple as a matter of playing more inside forwards or just making a few changes in the summer.... teams are figuring us out, and Pep is often too stubborn with the tactics tbh....

The few changes, Im not so sure myself what should happen in the summer right now... if we should sign or promote....

What more else can he change though?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:19 pm

The Invincible Barca you speak of was ended before the season started......

Signing Fabregas causing change in system = upsetting defensive and offensive balance....... Injuries to Abidal, Villa and loss of form to Pedro.... Moving Messi to AM to accomadate Sanchez as a CF means its all one big *bleep* in the middle..... moving Iniesta to outwide where he is no where near as effective.

Dont even try to compare this Barca to last years Barca they are not even close.

Rijkaard's Barca is better than this Barca.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:21 pm

LOL...that was also said 2 years ago..when Inter won.
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by viepr149 Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:24 pm

its simple. Pep is terrible at spotting talent and making transfers.

The worst i have ever seen.

He has a terrible record, if i was barca management i would not give him the power.

viepr149
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:26 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Im not so sure if its as simple as a matter of playing more inside forwards or just making a few changes in the summer.... teams are figuring us out, and Pep is often too stubborn with the tactics tbh....

Teams figured out Barca long ago. Barca cannot simply break down bus parking teams..it's a FACT!

-Barca just need to replace Puyol, Busquets with players who are quick and also good on the ball. That Ramires goal today was a result of Puyol and Busquets being too darn slow.

-Barca need a striker in the mould of Eto'o who is willing to take shots and not return every ball to Messi.

-need a new Left-back. Abidal, unfortunately, is done.

-find a new keeper if they can...coz Valdes looks like a headless chicken sometimes. What was he doing in no man's land today?

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:28 pm

Well, we've got inside forwards. One's been way off form, and one's out injured. We could've tried Pedro tonight, I felt his presence would've added something more to our game as we were not sharp at all, and he's proven to be the sharpest at times..

I don't think we'll be looking at an attacking purchase full out unless we get rid of one of Villa or Pedro...I can't comment on Alexis, for I feel he's here for a long time, and he's proven it.

What we truly need is a left back. I can't stress how our sense of stability had dropped when Abidal left the squad, his contributions are overlooked and cannot be mimicked it seems.

But for fks sake play Alexis wide, he can cut open the flanks and play with the team. He's looked sharp, but no where near brilliant (His Udinese self)

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:28 pm

lenear1030 wrote:
zarola wrote:ffs Arsenal beat them in the first leg last year that doesn't mean anything since they lost to Chelsea, if they get knocked out from Chelsea then we'll talk.

a loss against RM is not as big of a shock as everyone's making it out to be.

this.

barca are going to raep chelsea in the camp nou and win the CL Final.

:vagi:
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:30 pm

Told you. :coffee:
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The "Invincible Barca" is finished. - Page 2 Empty Guess who conceded 5 goals and scored 3 in 3 matches.

Post by The Messiah Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:31 pm

?
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by viepr149 Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:32 pm

valdes?

edit: didnt read whole thread title lol.

Last edited by viepr149 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

viepr149
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:32 pm

Barcelona Cool
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:39 pm

Viva hit in the head, though I always disagreed with Barca being in 1st since Mou came to RM.

Anyway, even Barca couldn't escape the law gravity. No one does. What wanna know is, what lies in the future for Barca.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next