Collblanc
Die Borussen
Kev
the xcx
dwaynejohnson28
40 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The "Invincible Barca" is finished. Empty Anyone else surprised that Barca are not immortal any longer?

Post by dwaynejohnson28 Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:51 pm

is Barca on decline?

dwaynejohnson28
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

The "Invincible Barca" is finished. Empty Re: The "Invincible Barca" is finished.

Post by the xcx Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:52 pm

yes
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

The "Invincible Barca" is finished. Empty Re: The "Invincible Barca" is finished.

Post by Kev Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:18 pm

my spider senses tell me we have a bandwagonner on board...
Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:22 pm

The "Invincible Barca" is finished. 24c17TobeyMaguire_Born_To_Be_An_Artist-s475x487-177403-535

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:52 pm

We will be back; but for now other teams are the 'better'. After two/three years playing the same tactics other teams know how to play against you. Also, our defense isnt that fresh and young as it was in 2009/2010. 90% of the teams we play against now park the bus or man-mark the shit out of the attackers so there is no room for tiki-taka. Pep gets outplayed tactics wise, so he tried a diff. formation with only 3 defenders. Now other teams counter the *bleep* out of you. Barcelona still has the best players in the world, together with RM, but the tactics are dated and other teams know how to play against us. We need some updates at the defense. Also, some players need to get back in form and lose our injury-streak. So 1 year being the 2nd/3rd in the world isn't that back. Gives you some space to get back on track without pressure and try out new things.

I really dont care that RM will take CL and the Liga. I congratulate them, they had a great season and some serious talent and skills this season. Crazy performance. We know Mourinho will stay at RM so we need a good coach. I hope Bielsa will join Barcelona, I think he can give Mourinho a hard time.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:54 pm

Actually, our tactics are still good as we still create chances.

Agree with everything else Collblanc!

Dont want Pep to leave though.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:55 pm

I dont know, the tactics are good yes but not effective. So you have to think about doing the same thing over and over again. Maybe let other teams have the ball more so you force them to create some space. Now this is not possible because our defense isnt top-notch.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:57 pm

Collblanc wrote:I dont know, the tactics are good yes but not effective. So you have to think about doing the same thing over and over again. Maybe let other teams have the ball more so you force them to create some space. Now this is not possible because our defense isnt top-notch.

It is effective as it creating chances. We are not able to finish them off and that is down to luck and fatigue. Luck is averaged out, but tiredness is an issue that will take some time to get resolved.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:02 pm

I dont really agree. Look at posession versus goals scored against us.

The "Invincible Barca" is finished. P1-51

Best defenses in the top 5 European leagues atm:

18 - Juventus Turin (32 matches)

20 - Bayern Muenchen (30 matches)

22 - Borussia Dortmund (30 matches)
22 - Borussia M'gladbach (30 matches)

Other top defenses:
23 - Barcelona (32 matches)
26 - Manchester City (33 matches)
26 - AC Milan (32 matches)
28 - Manchester United (33 matches)
28 - Real Madrid (32 matches)
28 - Toulouse FC (31 matches)
29 - Montpellier HSC (31 matches)
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:05 pm

Again, we did not lose because we conceded. We lost because we failed to convert our chances. Our defense is actually quite good considering those numbers. High possession is a form of defense.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:10 pm

Offcourse we lost because we conceded. That is the only way to lose points. Yes we failed to convert our chances but you can only lose points when you conceed goals. Very few matches that ended 0-0.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:22 pm

stop with this kinda thread.. the past 2 games they have played doesnt change the fact that they are the best in the world.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:27 pm

Off form iniesta. I always thought that he is the main engine in the midfield for Barcelona. Plus Barca really really need ST classical one triple Messi and the other get lost.

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutral Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:36 pm

lol settle down. this team is far from dead. madrid have gotten better yes but that loss is no indication that theyre going to be in their shadow for the next couple of years like barca have done to them. they shouldnt worry about the chelsea game. that was 95% luck.

Neutral
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:54 pm

Collblanc wrote:We will be back; but for now other teams are the 'better'. After two/three years playing the same tactics other teams know how to play against you. Also, our defense isnt that fresh and young as it was in 2009/2010. 90% of the teams we play against now park the bus or man-mark the shit out of the attackers so there is no room for tiki-taka. Pep gets outplayed tactics wise, so he tried a diff. formation with only 3 defenders. Now other teams counter the *bleep* out of you. Barcelona still has the best players in the world, together with RM, but the tactics are dated and other teams know how to play against us. We need some updates at the defense. Also, some players need to get back in form and lose our injury-streak. So 1 year being the 2nd/3rd in the world isn't that back. Gives you some space to get back on track without pressure and try out new things.

I really dont care that RM will take CL and the Liga. I congratulate them, they had a great season and some serious talent and skills this season. Crazy performance. We know Mourinho will stay at RM so we need a good coach. I hope Bielsa will join Barcelona, I think he can give Mourinho a hard time.
Why are some people assuming that Pep will leave ?? he is still the best but of course he has to improve on tactics , not that he is bad but teams are catching the way to block us. Also too much reliance on messi to score so in my opinion , afellay or pedro have to go , and with the money buy a goal scorer ala Klose or a good winger . do you guys want neymar ??
And i definitely believe that Xavi is going to fade away so another concern here , plus the defense ( but i don't worry 2 much here , there are good defs on the market )
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:00 pm

i still rate them the best in the world
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:19 pm

Bénin wrote:
Collblanc wrote:We will be back; but for now other teams are the 'better'. After two/three years playing the same tactics other teams know how to play against you. Also, our defense isnt that fresh and young as it was in 2009/2010. 90% of the teams we play against now park the bus or man-mark the shit out of the attackers so there is no room for tiki-taka. Pep gets outplayed tactics wise, so he tried a diff. formation with only 3 defenders. Now other teams counter the *bleep* out of you. Barcelona still has the best players in the world, together with RM, but the tactics are dated and other teams know how to play against us. We need some updates at the defense. Also, some players need to get back in form and lose our injury-streak. So 1 year being the 2nd/3rd in the world isn't that back. Gives you some space to get back on track without pressure and try out new things.

Why are some people assuming that Pep will leave ?? he is still the best but of course he has to improve on tactics , not that he is bad but teams are catching the way to block us. Also too much reliance on messi to score so in my opinion , afellay or pedro have to go , and with the money buy a goal scorer ala Klose or a good winger . do you guys want neymar ??
And i definitely believe that Xavi is going to fade away so another concern here , plus the defense ( but i don't worry 2 much here , there are good defs on the market )

I dont get it, wasnt Cesc suppose to help fill in the role of Xavi, to help Xavi relax more and give Barca somethiing little different?

if you have players like Thiago sitting on the bench, players who would make it to other teams in the top leagues, why not play them instead

Thiago was touted as a hybrid of Ronaldinho and Xavi, what happend to that?

Barca have the variety to add to their game, they should use it
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:27 pm

We were never immortal in the first place.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:42 pm

TBH even if Barca are the world's best team, the run up until nowish was already kind of a fluke. Even the greatest teams usually don't go that long without eventually having incredibly bad luck, Barca were overachieving before, now they're drawing level with what they are: one of the best five teams in the world, maybe still the best.

But you can't just dominate everyone year after year, there's too many good teams out there to do that. Had to end eventually. Doesn't matter if they get past Chelski or not, it's just a simple fact of football: you can't expect prolonged dominance of any team, ever.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:52 pm

Barca's problem at present is that only Messi is capable of taking chances when they matter

in the last two games Messi hasn't had those chances which have fallen to the likes of Xavi, Cesc, Alexis, Tello etc etc who have all bottled and missed great chances

this will obviously affect the team and the results

if half of the chances that Barca have created in the last two games had been taken they would be pretty much guaranteed a CL final spot and might not have lost to RM

which would mean that this thread probably would not exist

Pedro & Villa were so vital to Barca when they were putting chances away
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:54 pm

ffs Arsenal beat them in the first leg last year that doesn't mean anything since they lost to Chelsea, if they get knocked out from Chelsea then we'll talk.

a loss against RM is not as big of a shock as everyone's making it out to be.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:58 pm

TBH madrid really wanted it more...and desire is a strong drive for success. I still think(as a fan) that we are the best team in the world. However I never thought we were invincible.

You lose some you win some. This loss was just extra painful since it was your rival at your home stadium(considering how well we rule the barcabeu)
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:44 pm

Not surprised we beat them.. A few times we played them under Mou we were better but were unlucky.. Not to mention last years semi final where we were even up until the bs Pepe red card.. They are still a great team but this was has been coming
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:28 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:TBH even if Barca are the world's best team, the run up until nowish was already kind of a fluke. Even the greatest teams usually don't go that long without eventually having incredibly bad luck, Barca were overachieving before, now they're drawing level with what they are: one of the best five teams in the world, maybe still the best.

But you can't just dominate everyone year after year, there's too many good teams out there to do that. Had to end eventually. Doesn't matter if they get past Chelski or not, it's just a simple fact of football: you can't expect prolonged dominance of any team, ever.

You are right.We are finally drawing level with what we are.
Over the past 4 years we have only been one of the top 5 teams in the world. :facepalm:

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:36 pm

IDK about this thread. I know we have been regarded extremely highly the last 3-4 years but rightfully so. But immortal???? We lost the CL in 2010, the Copa del Rey in 2011 and now, likely the Liga in 2012. If we were "Immortal", the first 2 wouldn't of happened and we're still somewhat likely to be the first team to win back to back UEFA CLs. Whether were on a decline remains to be seen but calling Barca immortal is just like saying they're unbeatable. They're not. Still, I have my doubts about Messi's planetary origin.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next