Collblanc
Die Borussen
Kev
the xcx
dwaynejohnson28
40 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The "Invincible Barca" is finished. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "Invincible Barca" is finished.

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:39 pm

Viva hit in the head, though I always disagreed with Barca being in 1st since Mou came to RM.

Anyway, even Barca couldn't escape the law gravity. No one does. What wanna know is, what lies in the future for Barca.

Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The "Invincible Barca" is finished. - Page 3 Empty Re: The "Invincible Barca" is finished.

Post by stunt Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:42 pm

You need a forward. An actual forward. And Xavi is getting old, but he's impossible to replace anyway.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:17 pm

stunt wrote:You need a forward. An actual forward. And Xavi is getting old, but he's impossible to replace anyway.

You mean someone like Ibrahimovic?
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:23 pm

leemhuis wrote:
stunt wrote:You need a forward. An actual forward. And Xavi is getting old, but he's impossible to replace anyway.

Better CF than forward. I think if we played him deeper as you guy are currently doing, than getting a Carroll out of him, he would still be here, and brilliant.

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:01 am

Could Villa be catalyst to success when he returns?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:02 am

or will Neymar sign for Barcelona and start another year-cycle...where they win everything?
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:11 am

leemhuis wrote:

Ibra is too static, it just wouldn't work.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:36 am

Brady2Moss wrote:
leemhuis wrote:

You haven't watched him with us. He is no longer static.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:14 am

leemhuis wrote:
Brady2Moss wrote:
leemhuis wrote:

You haven't watched him with us. He is no longer static.
"Ibra flopped at Barca" is a huge myth. He scored 20+ goals in very important games and would've scored more if not for the interference of Messi. That ship has sailed now, enjoy Tello. bahahahaha
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:16 am

I just hope they dont go after RVP now.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:18 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Could Villa be catalyst to success when he returns?

Villa is finished. Even before his injury he was pretty average.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:20 am

Raptorgunner wrote:I just hope they dont go after RVP now.

He'd probably go to Madrid before Barca imo.

Anyway imo star players will avoid Barca like the plague now. There have just been too many examples of expensive signings going wrong for them especially in attack.

The profile of the players they will be linked with will go down.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:09 pm

Zealous wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Could Villa be catalyst to success when he returns?

Villa is finished. Even before his injury he was pretty average.

I really disagree. While he was in some bad form, and took up a generally lower profile role at Barca which he took time to get used to, he was quite vital for them. Just look what happened when he got injured, Messidependencia FTW.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:15 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
"Ibra flopped at Barca" is a huge myth. He scored 20+ goals in very important games and would've scored more if not for the interference of Messi. That ship has sailed now, enjoy Tello. bahahahaha

I'm afraid it's no myth, Sir. Ibra did flop at Barca, we were all witnesses.

On the other note, "anyone but Tello 2012". :facepalm:

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:35 pm

Brady2Moss wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:

I'm afraid it's no myth, Sir. Ibra did flop at Barca, we were all witnesses.

On the other note, "anyone but Tello 2012". :facepalm:

Kone2012? hmm
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:40 pm

villa is one of my favorite strikers, / players , despite the number of times he has scored against us both for valencia and barca, ultimate big match player too

but i think he was already on a decline last season, inevitable with his age conisdering he wasnt a late bloomer.. can still be very good though..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:17 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Yes but TBH I felt that Barca won quite a few games with a lot of luck, and today they only lost as well because they had incredibly bad luck. Hitting the woodwork 4 times in 2 matches against Chelsea? They could've just as well won both matches and nobody would've said that Barca scored against the flow of the game.

Barca are still a Top 5 side, it's just that even #1 can lose against #5 on any given day, with a bit of bad luck.

Thats true. We were very unlucky if u look at some of the chances created, and we hit the bar 4 times while Chelsea almost scored whenever they had shot on goal....

mtfootball wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:Im not so sure if its as simple as a matter of playing more inside forwards or just making a few changes in the summer.... teams are figuring us out, and Pep is often too stubborn with the tactics tbh....

The few changes, Im not so sure myself what should happen in the summer right now... if we should sign or promote....

What more else can he change though?

For me, as I said is to have a plan B (a real plan B, not pass it to Alves and leave him by himself wide and hope for an accurate cross enough to bypass defenders twice our height), or pass it to Cuenca and hope, take mroe risks. Be more direct, like have players actually making penetrative runs, figure out more attacking moves rather than the usual 1-2s through the middle, when we counter, get it forward faster rather than slow it down and allow opposition to setup defense, many details, I think just focus more on creating rather then just play it safe and keep ball.

As some others mentioned as well, we probably should have 2 or 3 more players ideally as rotation with slightly different style to change our play at times, etc.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The Invincible Barca you speak of was ended before the season started......

Signing Fabregas causing change in system = upsetting defensive and offensive balance....... Injuries to Abidal, Villa and loss of form to Pedro.... Moving Messi to AM to accomadate Sanchez as a CF means its all one big *bleep* in the middle..... moving Iniesta to outwide where he is no where near as effective.

Dont even try to compare this Barca to last years Barca they are not even close.

Rijkaard's Barca is better than this Barca.

Not sure about the last part....but definitely incorporating new players and youngsters and injuries amount other things have affected us... and Pep just not getting things right at times, especially subs during games...

Brady2Moss wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:Im not so sure if its as simple as a matter of playing more inside forwards or just making a few changes in the summer.... teams are figuring us out, and Pep is often too stubborn with the tactics tbh....

The few changes, Im not so sure myself what should happen in the summer right now... if we should sign or promote....

Teams figured out Barca long ago. Barca cannot simply break down bus parking teams..it's a FACT!

-Barca just need to replace Puyol, Busquets with players who are quick and also good on the ball. That Ramires goal today was a result of Puyol and Busquets being too darn slow.

-Barca need a striker in the mould of Eto'o who is willing to take shots and not return every ball to Messi.

-need a new Left-back. Abidal, unfortunately, is done.

-find a new keeper if they can...coz Valdes looks like a headless chicken sometimes. What was he doing in no man's land today?

Valdes has improved a lot in the last few years, but still prone to mistakes and not perfect....I guess we cant have the best player in every position...

Danny7 wrote:

Well, we've got inside forwards. One's been way off form, and one's out injured. We could've tried Pedro tonight, I felt his presence would've added something more to our game as we were not sharp at all, and he's proven to be the sharpest at times..

I don't think we'll be looking at an attacking purchase full out unless we get rid of one of Villa or Pedro...I can't comment on Alexis, for I feel he's here for a long time, and he's proven it.

What we truly need is a left back. I can't stress how our sense of stability had dropped when Abidal left the squad, his contributions are overlooked and cannot be mimicked it seems.

But for fks sake play Alexis wide, he can cut open the flanks and play with the team. He's looked sharp, but no where near brilliant (His Udinese self)

I agree with this... Abidal was immense for us....Adriano is great but cant compare defensively.

I think not, hes getting on and his style is less effective in todays game it seems where pace and movement is important, he still has it at his best but probably hard to see him as sharp and fast as a few years back.

Zealous wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:I just hope they dont go after RVP now.

He'd probably go to Madrid before Barca imo.

Anyway imo star players will avoid Barca like the plague now. There have just been too many examples of expensive signings going wrong for them especially in attack.

The profile of the players they will be linked with will go down.

Laughing Many players dream to play for Barca, and Madrid will always compete with us for the best players....

Lord Hades wrote:villa is one of my favorite strikers, / players , despite the number of times he has scored against us both for valencia and barca, ultimate big match player too

but i think he was already on a decline last season, inevitable with his age conisdering he wasnt a late bloomer.. can still be very good though..

IF he reaches level near he had with us that would be great... but that may even not be enough for us...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3