Sina
Lex
Raptorgunner
SamuelJayC
14 posters

Go down

Arsenal v Chelsea Preview Empty Arsenal v Chelsea Preview

Post by SamuelJayC Fri 20 Apr - 14:32:19

Arsenal v Chelsea, Saturday 21st April, 12.45pm, Emirates Stadium, Premier League, Sky Sports 2

Arsenal v Chelsea Preview Robin+Van+Persie+Chelsea+v+Arsenal+Premier+2zh-9egCaS2l
Van Persie netted a hat-trick against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge earlier this season

Premier League Table

1. Man Utd 82pts
2. Man City 77pts
3. Arsenal 64pts
4. Spurs 59pts
------
5. Newcastle 59pts
6. Chelsea 57pts

Gunners need to bounce back from shock defeat

When Arsenal fans arrived at the Emirates Stadium on Monday night, they came expecting to see their side go eight points clear of Spurs and Newcastle, and ten clear of Chelsea, but it didn't go as planned. Instead, Wigan left with all three points as their great form continued. Arsene Wenger insisted his players "would not drop off" against the relegation-threatened side, but he would be proved wrong, as it appeared Arsenal players suffered from complacency - like they did at QPR last month. Wenger's men are still in great form - 9 wins in the last 11 league games, and know that completing the double over Chelsea on Saturday will see them all but end their London rivals' chance of catching them in the league.

Chelsea like their old selves under Di Matteo

When Roberto Di Matteo replaced Andre Villas-Boas, no one could have foreseen the impact he would have on the team. Talk of the Italian having a Guus Hiddink-like effect was evident, but with the core of the team all at the veteran stage of their careers, it seemed unlikely. But the men from Stamford Bridge have rolled back the years. Di Matteo's record since taking over in March reads: P13 W10 D2 L1 - and that defeat came at Manchester City who have an outstanding home record this season. Chelsea have enjoyed a brilliant week - beating Spurs 5-1 in the FA cup semi-final and then defeating European champions Barcelona 1-0.

Match Facts

* Didier Drogba has scored eight Premier League goals against Arsenal.

* Chelsea have lost 29 points from winning positions against Arsenal in the Premier League, more than any side against any other, winning just 10 of 21 games in which they have held the lead (D4 L7).

* Chelsea have won just three of their previous 19 Premier League trips to the home of Arsenal, but those three victories have all come in their last six visits.

* Arsenal became the first side to score five against Chelsea in the league, earlier in the season, since Liverpool in September 1996.

* Arsenal have won 12 and lost just two of their last 16 league games at the Emirates.

* The Gunners have scored in their last 16 consecutive home league fixtures.

* Arsenal have the Premier League’s top scorer this season (van Persie, 27), but have also had a joint-league high 17 different goalscorers (with Everton).

* Chelsea have scored (95%) and conceded (95%) the highest portion of goals from inside the area this season.

*Arsenal haven't completed a league double against Chelsea since 2003/04.

* The Blues have shipped more goals in the closing 15 minutes than any other team this term (18).

Team News

Arsenal

Mikel Arteta (ankle) is out for the season, as is Jack Wilshere (ankle). Yossi Benayoun is ineligible against his parent side, but Abou Diaby (hamstring) and Francis Coquelin (hamstring) are available again. Per Mertesacker (ankle) and Emmanuel Frimpong (knee) are out, but Laurent Koscielny returns from suspension.

Chelsea

David Luiz (hamstring) and Didier Drogba (knee) are out, whilst Oriol Romeu (illness) is a doubt. Branislav Ivanovic (suspended) is unavailable. Roberto Di Matteo could rotate his squad with the Barcelona semi-final in mind.

Arsenal v Chelsea Preview AbCvaW7akh

Arsenal subs - Fabianski, Djourou, Santos, Coquelin, Diaby, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chamakh

Chelsea subs - Turnball, Ferreira, Mikel, Ramires, Malouda, Mata, Lukaku

Pre-Match Quotes

Arsene Wenger

“It is not ideal to have so many players out, but we cannot complain, we have to overcome that. We are in a situation where we have four big games. You always expect in April that not everybody will be on board and I think our game is based on collective play. That is why we have to focus on our team play and not think about who is here or not here. Arteta is out for the rest of the season but fortunately he doesn't need surgery. But he is out for six to eight weeks so he will be back for pre-season. Benayoun is ineligible because of course he belongs to Chelsea and Koscielny is back from suspension. Apart from that Diaby is back in the squad and Coquelin is back in the squad. That is all the news we have.”

Roberto Di Matteo

"Both David Luiz and Drogba will miss the game against Arsenal. Drogba picked up a knee injury against Barcelona and we will need to assess him over the next couple of days. Everybody is entitled to an opinion (on Drogba's diving), but he was marked by two men for most of the game and came under a physical battering, so we have to be objective in our reaction. We're playing against Arsenal, it's a big London derby but it will be a different type of game. You should never write them off, they have a stable situation as a club and with the manager. You always know that even if they have a bad period, they have enough quality to challenge the top four all the time. They have a good squad with quality, we'll be missing some players and we'll have to see, it will be interesting."

Last edited by Samuelj29060 on Fri 20 Apr - 16:25:36; edited 1 time in total
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Arsenal v Chelsea Preview Empty Re: Arsenal v Chelsea Preview

Post by Raptorgunner Fri 20 Apr - 15:02:49

Great job again, Sam.

There is no excuse for not beating Chelsea, they have been lucky and that's what worry's me.

Koscielny is back and we all know how good our defense is with the boss at the back. Chelsea are tired and we must take advantage of that and RVP needs to start scoring, we cant do this with out him.

I have been reading some of the comment from Chelsea fans, omg they are so delusional. Most their predictions are Chelsea wining by 3 goals, and Koscielny is our weakest player. :facepalm: :facepalm:

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Fri 20 Apr - 15:26:50; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri 20 Apr - 15:23:07

These are the same fans who were against Chelsea building a new stadium because it would tarnish their history. All 9 years of it Laughing:facepalm:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri 20 Apr - 15:28:41

This is one of the post thought it was funny.
Cole should keep Walcott in check. Rosicky and RVP are the other two threats, but Cahill and Terry should/will also be able to keep them under control.
Kosceilny has been a the culprit for a number of own goals, so hope he'll sneak another one in.

:lol!:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri 20 Apr - 15:55:05

Great work as always

is there any point in watching that 3-5 again? Laughing
finished watching 1st half
both Aaron and Theo had excellent game
theo didnt even have help of Sagna as Johan was playing
but chelskeez not gonna play highline and dominate possession this time so those spaces that made aforementioned players successful wont be available Mad
and Arteta was vital
mainly sitting deeper allowing song move forward

now Ramsey cant do Arteta's role neatly as him
hope walcott who im big fan and always behind him prove me wrong but not have good feeling for him before this match

nothing against santos but hope Gibbo start if he is sharp enough
hope we make the best from ivanovic suspension

thankfully kos is back
hope to see that Arsenal side we saw vs city(Performance wise) Rolling Eyes
---
where do you read those laughable quotes raptor? Laughing
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Fri 20 Apr - 16:43:13

Great preview sam.

I think that Wenger will give Rosicky the deep role and Ramsey will play AM. Wenger has tried this before too but i dont remember which match it was. This is going to be one tough game and hope we can come out as winners.

This is a must win for both teams and both will try thier best to win but chelsea have played Barca and might be tired for this game. Drogba is also injured whose done great against Arsenal before gives Arsenal better chance of winning. Torres has the class but he is out of form and with Kos & Verminator pairing up again gives me confidence.

Last edited by djoe26 on Fri 20 Apr - 17:23:19; edited 1 time in total
djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri 20 Apr - 17:08:30

LOL, Poor guy.

Arsenal v Chelsea Preview Zp_143208999SM018_Arsenal_Trai_2976
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Fri 20 Apr - 20:38:59

Excellent preview Sam
Heyy RVP's h3ck n Wenger's quote ' we cannot complain ' enough !
A Must win absolutely n i really hope ,we gonna beat em again..it's CRUCIAL !imo

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri 20 Apr - 22:15:44

Great work sam

I am not confident at all, will watch the match without any expectations. Why ? Because seen it all too often, We looked really clueless without Arteta and Wenger can only tell them enough things, rest the players have to do themselves.

Chelsea under Di matteo looks like the chelsea we hate to play. They were outstanding parking the bus and countering with pace. Can expect a similiar game tomorrow.

I guess wenger will go with Ramsey Rosicky and Song which isnt a bad midfield at all tbf. Because Ramsey will get to play as a CM and not CAM which is good. I hope fans are behind him tomorrow.

Upfront, Maybe Gervinho on the left, but he has 0 confidence just like Ramsey. Oxlade might be a better option in all honesty.

If ramsey is underperforming at HT, i say bring Diaby on.

Hope chelsea play a 2nd string
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Fri 20 Apr - 22:37:32

inb4walcottscoreshattrick
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sat 21 Apr - 1:00:21

^^ LOL @ SIG!

Flicked from our version of Verminator eh? Razz Razz

Btw, would like to remind Walcott-haters of his performances against Cashley in the last two years. Check.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat 21 Apr - 1:05:11

srigooner wrote:^^ LOL @ SIG!

Btw, would like to remind Walcott-haters of his performances against Cashley in the last two years. Check.
What? Didn't even know anything like "Verminator" existed before I signed up here. I uploaded my avatar and sig the moment I signed up so it isn't even a question. :coffee:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat 21 Apr - 1:59:41

Barrettinator wrote:

What? Didn't even know anything like "Verminator" existed before I signed up here. I uploaded my avatar and sig the moment I signed up so it isn't even a question. :coffee:

LOl, we are just joking with you, anyways Terry is the real terminator, players scared to bring their GF or wife's around. :vagi:

Arsenal v Chelsea Preview Verminator
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat 21 Apr - 2:38:45

Barrettinator wrote:inb4walcottscoreshattrick
Okay, thanks, I'll use that in my prediction Razz.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat 21 Apr - 3:19:29

Raptorgunner wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

LOl, we are just joking with you, anyways Terry is the real terminator, players scared to bring their GF or wife's around. :vagi:

Arsenal v Chelsea Preview Verminator
Very Happy
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sat 21 Apr - 3:32:34

Since when did Gervinho have no confidence? scratch Everytime i see him, he's dribbling past players to the byline for fun
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat 21 Apr - 7:31:08

Lex wrote:Since when did Gervinho have no confidence? scratch Everytime i see him, he's dribbling past players to the byline for fun

confidence to shoot
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat 21 Apr - 11:24:56

Legend wrote:
Lex wrote:Since when did Gervinho have no confidence? scratch Everytime i see him, he's dribbling past players to the byline for fun

confidence to shoot

This.

Imagine if he had the confidence and killer instinct he apparently had at Lille to rack up 18 goals.

Damn we really need him to find form. Along with Ramsey.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat 21 Apr - 11:48:33

Can Coquelin play? If yes I predict this team.

Chesny

Lasagna - Bosscielny - Verminator - Gibboss*

Le Coq Laughing - Songinho

Lil'Mozart

Theonel - van Perfect - The Ox

Very Happy If Le Coq isn't avalaible play Diaby there or even The Ox and put Gervinho on the left wing.

Last edited by urbaNRoots on Sat 21 Apr - 12:20:53; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot Rosicky *facepalm*)
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat 21 Apr - 12:05:30

Thanks for compliments as always lads! Thumbs up
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite