How good is Javi Martinez REALLY (in midfield)?

+15
Babun
Dnmac4
Kingofeverythingclassy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
S32TABLANCA
Dante
Lord Awesome
Abramovich
Onyx
Mr Nick09
Error
fatman123
Kick
Blue Barrett
animal.crackers
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

How good is Javi Martinez REALLY (in midfield)? - Page 3 Empty Re: How good is Javi Martinez REALLY (in midfield)?

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:13 am

Boateng right is now good enough to start for Bayern every match but we cant bench him unless we get Howedes because the Central Defense will be Super Slow. We need Boatang's speed.

Having said that Boateng's performance is not good enough. We paid good money & he cant mark a man in corner & he is very sloppy. Multiple matches now. If Badstuber had his speed & physical strength he would be one of the best CB's in the world.

Boateng in 5-6 maybe can be a World Class CB,his development is really slow I hope next year Howedes comes to push out Boateng,to perform of be benched.

@ Bayern Munich - Idriozet takes transfer rumours Way too seriously. He proabably read it in a not-so credible site.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

How good is Javi Martinez REALLY (in midfield)? - Page 3 Empty Re: How good is Javi Martinez REALLY (in midfield)?

Post by Kick Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:46 am

Neuer
Lahm Boateng Badstuber Gustavo
Javi Schweinsteiger
Robber Kroos Ribery
Gomez

hmm
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:22 pm

Kick wrote:
Neuer
Lahm Boateng Badstuber Gustavo
Javi Schweinsteiger
Robber Kroos Ribery
Gomez

hmm

no way, Alaba is playing left-back, but the rest could it be , i prefer Dante though Very Happy
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:34 pm

If City get Martinez, Madrid then get Yaya... i am in favor of this development :coffee:

Martinez is a good player and a good prospect. But he is being overrated imho. As usual, people project what he could be as opposed to what he is.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:38 pm

sportsczy wrote:If City get Martinez, Madrid then get Yaya... i am in favor of this development :coffee:

Martinez is a good player and a good prospect. But he is being overrated imho. As usual, people project what he could be as opposed to what he is.

Martinez would be signed as a partner for Yaya not as a replacement lol....

Yaya needs a quality partner anyway.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:42 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
sportsczy wrote:If City get Martinez, Madrid then get Yaya... i am in favor of this development :coffee:

Martinez would be signed as a partner for Yaya not as a replacement lol....

Yaya needs a quality partner anyway.

Yaya and Martinez are exactly the same player. They both like to go B2B on the right side of the pitch. It's not that easy of a move.... very tough actually. Everyone talks about right winger and left wingers. The same is true for midfielders.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:46 pm

So you dont think he could do Barry's role but just much better?

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:48 pm

This post was made by Kingofeverythingclassy who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.

What a loser
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:39 pm

Bayern will lose out to us, coming second like they always do :coffee:
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:41 pm

S32TABLANCA wrote:Bayern will lose out to us, coming second like they always do :coffee:

Or as apposed to not even being involved in the FINAL negotiations like Madrid always do :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:51 pm

S32TABLANCA wrote:Bayern will lose out to us, coming second like they always do :coffee:

Or as apposed to not even being involved in the FINAL negotiations like Madrid always do :coffee:

well, at least we settle for top 4 :coffee:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:54 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:

Overrated, besides top 4 means nothing without CL Laughing

4th 5th.... meh its all the same :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:06 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:

I believe he meant top 4 of CL :coffee:
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:08 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:

and we have found the button tp push :coffee:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:11 pm

I think Bayern will have to pay the penalty for taking too long in these talks... :coffee:
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:14 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:

I believe he meant top 4 of CL :coffee:

Ah i can compete there too Very Happy

http://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method3/tcoef2004.html

:coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:32 pm

Um yea, duh. That is why there is a thing called scouting, it's a really big business.

If teams bought players between the ages of 21-23 strictly on what they are and not what they could be or are projected to be then that would probably be the worst strategy in the world.

Martinez is not in any way overrated as 80% of this board has barley seen him play as they don't watch La Liga unless it's Barca or Madrid and I'm not making this up most people flat out say this and are proud of it.

Also even if they do watch him in La Liga this year he hasn't been in his natural position.

If anything he's totally underrated on here unless some ones team is associated with him, then he's great again.

Like I said earlier in this thread I'm a Barca fan but not a huge Thiago fan, I think he is overrated but people watched the highlights of that under 21 World Cup when Spain won last year and Thiago gained the most credit. I said it hten and I will say it again like I already have JAvi was the best player in that tournament.

When he plays his natural position with and elite group of teammates which at Bilbao he does not have he is a monster and again is going to be one of the best midfielders of this up and coming generation and were talking about him going for 23 mill in this thread While guys like Hazard are valued way more.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:38 pm

I watched him all year lol. He was decent at CB... but not a world beater. Plenty of big mistakes to finish the year.

My point is that people see him as the equal to Yaya and Piggy today. Well, he's not even close. He may become that in the future. But 1) he hasn't played midfield for a long time with club and 2) until he actually puts a few games together where he shows flashes of Piggy-level, it's kind of a silly comparison.

You don't pay 30-40 mil for potential. You may throw the names Hazard, Gotze and Neymar at me.... but these guys have actually produced at a dominant level already... so the potential has already translated into production. Not so much for Javi Martinez.

I think he's a good player. Could be something very good. But i haven't seen anything that justifies the ratings that i see.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:04 pm

Yaya and Martinez are the same? How good is Javi Martinez REALLY (in midfield)? - Page 3 37329810

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:13 pm

sportsczy wrote:I watched him all year lol. He was decent at CB... but not a world beater. Plenty of big mistakes to finish the year.

My point is that people see him as the equal to Yaya and Piggy today. Well, he's not even close. He may become that in the future. But 1) he hasn't played midfield for a long time with club and 2) until he actually puts a few games together where he shows flashes of Piggy-level, it's kind of a silly comparison.

You don't pay 30-40 mil for potential. You may throw the names Hazard, Gotze and Neymar at me.... but these guys have actually produced at a dominant level already... so the potential has already translated into production. Not so much for Javi Martinez.

I think he's a good player. Could be something very good. But i haven't seen anything that justifies the ratings that i see.

Yaya is 30 and Bastian is 28. They have both had the pleasure of playing for 3 of the most talented teams through there career's, Barca, City and Bayern.

Yaya joined Barca for 7 million Euro's from Monaco and look what happened when we was surrounded by great talent he turned into a world beater because he could finally show off his skills just like Javi at the under 21's. Javi is going on a very similar path as he has shined for a team that has not been a great side while also playing out of position this year.

Bastian has just always had the luck to play for Bayern and Germany.

Javi plays for a team that can only get players from a territory the size of the state of Maryland and plays with probably at this point no world class players not to mention the team is young as well.

He has to accomplish something???? I really don't think you have a clue what your talking about.

He made the Spanish national team at the age of 21 as a midfielder. Probably the hardest position to crack into out of any national team in the world. Would you like me to start naming some of the people he beat out for that position while shining on a team that before Bielsa got there was very average and played a very non spanish brand of football?

He has a world cup and a under 21 Euro title to his name.

And BTW, yes you do need to pay between 30-40 million to get a Spanish National team midfielder out of the country who BTW can play CB too a a very high level.

No one thinks he's as good as Yaya and Bastian today. People have just said he is in the mold of them and will be that good one day and could play beside them right now.

In fact the people who have answered the posters question of how good he is have stressed he is not fully developed yet.

I'm the biggest Yaya fan on here so I know what I'm talking about.

And LOL at saying he made mistakes this year at CB. No shit, he doesn't play there, lets see how Bastian would do playing an entire year at CB for a team that plays a very open brand of football and was out gunned by any "big" team they played.

No offense to Bastian but it wouldn't be pretty.

How about instead of pointing out the MINIMAL mistakes he made this year at CB point out that he moved there with out him or his agent making a fuss or saying it will cost him his spot on the NT or hurt his potential earnings etc like 95% of players do now a days while being the best player on the team.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofeverythingclassy Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:04 pm

I dont believe that there is DM in the world who is worth 40M. EVen the best CM's & proven World Class performers are IMo worth 30-35M at best 40-45M in an inflated market.

Who would pay 40M for a potential?? There is always a big chance of him flopping. For 40 m people want proven performers at a World Class level. There is a difference between Hazard & martinez. Hazard is an offensive player In general attackers go double or more than defenders. You will very average attackers costing very high. Especially if they are young.

I mean 20-25M is fine if he is a huge talent but bar City no one would pay 40M for a DM who has won 0 League titles,has not had a lot of minutes with the NT and most of all has barely played CHL.

No offense to Martinez,but 40 M is atleast double his value for sure unless he guarantees 10-12 goals a season with his defensive ability. Vidal for example is proven guy who can score,attack & defend & he IMO is worth 25-30M at best.

Kingofeverythingclassy
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3