Madvillain
CBarca
eelir
alexjanosik
messixaviesta
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

It's Crunch Time And It's All A Matter Of Six Days Empty It's Crunch Time And It's All A Matter Of Six Days

Post by messixaviesta Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:07 pm

Wednesday 18th April - UCL semi final first leg

Saturday 21st April - El Classico

Tuesday 24th April - UCL semi final second leg

Excitement yes but tension too. We are on tenterhooks. Six crucial days of our 2011-12 season. One small matter that pleases me is that we will learn our UCL fate before Real Madrid will learn theirs. However that means three consecutive matches in which you cannot afford to rest a single key player for a single minute and all that in a space of just six days.

Visca Barca!!!

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

It's Crunch Time And It's All A Matter Of Six Days Empty Re: It's Crunch Time And It's All A Matter Of Six Days

Post by alexjanosik Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:13 pm

messixaviesta wrote:Wednesday 18th April - UCL semi final first leg

Saturday 21st April - El Classico

Tuesday 24th April - UCL semi final second leg

Excitement yes but tension too. We are on tenterhooks. Six crucial days of our 2011-12 season. One small matter that pleases me is that we will learn our UCL fate before Real Madrid will learn theirs. However that means three consecutive matches in which you cannot afford to rest a single key player for a single minute and all that in a space of just six days.

Visca Barca!!!

Thats an extremely tight schedule.We will have to rotate intelligently.
I would consider resting Xavi and Busquets for the Chelsea game.Both are crucial for the Madrid game and we have more than enough without them to see off Chelsea.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

It's Crunch Time And It's All A Matter Of Six Days Empty Re: It's Crunch Time And It's All A Matter Of Six Days

Post by eelir Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:54 pm

I do not think it will be an easy game vs Chelsea. The guys hold a grudge against us, so they will have that little extra motivation to at least make things hard for us, if not win the match.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:33 pm

Let's put Chelsea away in the first leg so we don't have to worry about the second Very Happy
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:28 pm

I hate it that we are playing on Stamford Bridge first. To me, playing away last is always better. One goal could be worth two and if there isn't a return leg to undo the damage...

I'd prefer it if Busi plays everything; he's too important for us. We could rest Iniesta and/or Xavi in the first CL leg, but then again we also really need a good result in that first game... If I were Pep, I'd probably give Xavi some rest from the start in the first leg. Could bring him on if things go south. We obviously need Xaviesta against Madrid.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:32 pm

I'd much prefer playing home first too. Less traveling for the team before the clasico, although london is not that far off.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:33 pm

I read it's Church time... Happy Easter guys :coffee:
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:37 pm

billy_gr wrote:I read it's Church time... Happy Easter guys :coffee:

LOL

ON TOPIC: Yeah, but Barca will play their best im sure, they will shine under pressure, this is what makes Barca the best.

VISCA BARCA
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:54 pm

D-W-W
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:45 am

billy_gr wrote:I read it's Church time... Happy Easter guys :coffee:

It's Crunch Time And It's All A Matter Of Six Days 24n0exl
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Gomez83 Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:34 am

The good thing is that Madrid is also playing away home with a much harder opponent in my opinion. Messi has been slacking lately, but he usually turns up for UEFA matches, maybe he cares me for scoring there and has more motivation in records etc.
Our Sched: A - H - H
Madrids sched: A - A - H
We have the advantage.
Gomez83
Gomez83
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:52 am

Another pressure from the first leg with a draw will pile on more pressure for El Clasico...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:53 am

I doubt Pep has had a tougher week as Barca manager.
bazinga
bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:06 am

bazinga wrote:I doubt Pep has had a tougher week as Barca manager.

Well... the 3 Classicos last year was possibly tougher.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Is a standard 4-3-3 with a midfield of Busixaviesta for all 3 games really that much to ask for?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by franavaro Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:35 am

WE surely will triumph so long as Pep does not play dice with the team. I expect him to play 4-3-3 in all games with starting 11 of Valdes, Andriano, Pique, Puyol, Alves, Busquets, Xavi, Cesc, Iniesta, Sanchez, Messi. Our secret weapon should be Tello who has the pace and dribbling ability to really bother most defences. PLS no Pedro or Thiago except the macth is done and dusted.

franavaro
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:04 am

Welcome franavaro Very Happy
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:24 am

please no 3-4-3. no fabregas. but i have felling pep will go for 3-4-3.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:23 am

What game would you guys prefer to be playing Cesc in?

I of course would opt to have the same starting XI for each game but...with such a tough schedule in such a short amount of time, there HAS to be some rotating and that does justify Cesc playing.

Would you guys prefer him playing vs Madrid or Chelsea? (Hopefully not both)

I would prefer him against Chelsea personally, especially since he has experience against EPL sides including Chelsea. I could even see Cesc excelling in the Chelsea game tbf.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:44 am

CBarca wrote:What game would you guys prefer to be playing Cesc in?

I of course would opt to have the same starting XI for each game but...with such a tough schedule in such a short amount of time, there HAS to be some rotating and that does justify Cesc playing.

Would you guys prefer him playing vs Madrid or Chelsea? (Hopefully not both)

I would prefer him against Chelsea personally, especially since he has experience against EPL sides including Chelsea. I could even see Cesc excelling in the Chelsea game tbf.

same here.he can play against chelsea.but against madrid
4-3-3 should be our formation with xiviesta in midfield pedro-messi-AS
in attack.no fabregas please.

Last edited by Beautiful Football on Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Hete BLKSM wrote:I hate it that we are playing on Stamford Bridge first. To me, playing away last is always better. One goal could be worth two and if there isn't a return leg to undo the damage...

That surprises me. I suppose most people think playing home last is better and I am one of them. You do make a good point but that's mostly valid only if you can keep a clean sheet. We should trust ourselves to score away goals and more than one for that matter. No repeat of that 0-0 at Milan please.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:36 pm

BarcaKizz wrote:
bazinga wrote:I doubt Pep has had a tougher week as Barca manager.

Well... the 3 Classicos last year was possibly tougher.

One difference though is that the league game then was perhaps less important with a draw being enough then unlike now and the cup is not a trophy of comparable stature.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:37 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Is a standard 4-3-3 with a midfield of Busixaviesta for all 3 games really that much to ask for?

I too so wish it would happen but very unlikely.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:48 pm

Considering Barcelona have to play 3 tough matches in 6 days, yes it will be too much to ask from Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta to play 90 minutes in Stamford Bridge.

Not saying Chelsea are a bad team but I don't think Barcelona will need another second-leg performance like back in 1999-2000 CL. As long as Guardiola doesn't chicken out like in San Siro and Barcelona lose the habit of not putting clear chances away and always looking up to Messi to make the difference, they can leave London with a formality match at Camp Nou.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:41 pm

Well this has been a shitty past 6 days...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next