Tomwin Lannister
Internal
Patrick Bateman
leemhuis
DeviAngel
54 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Livorno player collapses during game  - Page 4 Empty Re: Livorno player collapses during game

Post by RealGunner Sun 15 Apr 2012 - 15:50

Great gesture

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Livorno player collapses during game  - Page 4 Empty Re: Livorno player collapses during game

Post by Nishankly Sun 15 Apr 2012 - 15:54

The events some people have to go through at such a young age. Neutral
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Livorno player collapses during game  - Page 4 Empty Morosini 'just wanted happiness'

Post by DeviAngel Sun 15 Apr 2012 - 18:45

The agent of Piermario Morosini told of his tragic life and death. “He just wanted a little happiness, but yesterday he was told it wasn’t possible.”

The 25-year-old midfielder collapsed during the Pescara-Livorno Serie B match. He had lost both parents before turning 18 and his brother committed suicide.

“He was a young man who suffered so much and just wanted a little happiness, but yesterday he was told it wasn’t possible,” said agent Ernesto Randazzo.

“Such a polite and very sweet person who always spoke quietly, but at the same time knew how to make sure he was respected. He was a special person.”

It is still not clear whether the cause of death was a heart attack or an aneurysm, but the representative confirms scans showed nothing unusual.

“There were no precedents, no injuries in training and he wasn’t even a player who easily picked up knocks. He was in great shape and, seeing as his career was a little inconsistent, he worked hard to improve.”

Meanwhile, former Udinese teammate Emanuele Belardi spoke of his time with Morosini.

“He was like my little brother. He even spent six months living at my house. We kept each other company, because we were alone in Udine with our girlfriends far away and he also had a difficult family situation.

“I can’t think it has finished like this. It’s an absolute tragedy. He never had problems, was very healthy and played between Serie A and B for 10 years.

“Piermario was the most clean-cut boy I ever met, a really wonderful person. I feel like quitting the sport now. I don’t know how I can get over this. I was on the pitch and went back into the locker room when I saw my phone was full of messages.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun 15 Apr 2012 - 18:49

There is an article on Goal.com about Morosini and how there is concern over lack of monitoring players. I agree that something must be done about monitoring players health.

It's a shame it takes a death for people to realise that.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Sun 15 Apr 2012 - 18:56

So sad.

RIP.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun 15 Apr 2012 - 20:33

Very sad news...
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Sun 15 Apr 2012 - 20:39

ErPupone wrote:
Forza Rossoneri wrote:
zarola wrote:
Eivindo wrote:WTF NO football this weekend???? People die all the time, so the sport must stop also? 1 minute silence would suffice! Damn that's a hard blow. Also RIP

he died in the middle of the match. he's former teammates with :

Consigli
Motta
Andreolli
Criscito
Marzoratti
Abate
Marchisio
Acquafresca
Giovinco
De Ceglie
Sirigu
Ranocchia
Pisano
Bocchetti
Candreva
Poli
Cerci
Paloschi
Balotelli
Cigarini
Seculin
Dessena

and others...

If I were one of these players, I would feel very uncomfortable playing on the day or day after his death.

Exactly. I couldn't imagine the mindset they're currently in. Not to mention the fact that it could've been anyone of them.

I also agree with Idrisozet. Guys, I know we're all passionate about the game, but it goes to a certain extent. At a certain point, such as an incident like this, you have to just stop and pay your respects. Also, the fact that he's from a lower league (Serie B, not that low anyhow) doesn't matter at all, he's still a human being. Whether your name is Piermario Morosini or Lionel Messi, it doesn't matter one bit, they deserve the exact same amount of respect.

If there is one thing I sincerely want to physically drill into every human on this earth's head, it is that. Very sad news. Let us all grieve the loss of a fellow human being.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun 15 Apr 2012 - 21:56

That guys back story Sad
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun 15 Apr 2012 - 21:58

Man these threads Sad so sad Sad

RIP.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Sun 15 Apr 2012 - 22:32

Saw that on tv today ... great gesture by Udinese's President ...
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Mon 16 Apr 2012 - 0:35

Inter apparently are willing to help too.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon 16 Apr 2012 - 12:15

Di Natale has taken guardianship.

Livorno player collapses during game  - Page 4 RPgqu

Class act.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Livorno player collapses during game  - Page 4 Empty Morosini shirt to be retired?

Post by DeviAngel Mon 16 Apr 2012 - 15:24

Piermario Morosini’s agent has backed calls for Livorno to retire his No 25 shirt following the player’s death on Saturday.

The former Italian Under-21 international passed away at the weekend after he had a cardiac arrest during the Serie B game against Pescara.

Tributes have poured in for the Udinese-owned midfielder and now there are those who want his jersey taken out of circulation as a sign of remembrance.

“It’s nice to hear about such a possibility,” representative Ernesto Randazzo told Radio Sportiva.

“It is an act which adds to the countless shows of affection that have been arriving from the footballing world and people for Pierpaolo.”

Morosini has had a trouble life. His parents both died while he was younger and his brother committed suicide.

“I knew him when he was little,” Randazzo continued. “He’s had an unfortunate history, we became friends, he showed his good qualities, but, more importantly, he proved that he was a great man.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Mon 16 Apr 2012 - 15:31

its official, Livorno have officially retired number 25 from the numbering forever, for the memory of Morosini. Class move from their part.

footballitalia for more info
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Apr 2012 - 15:33

Class move by the club, lets hope heart screenings are made compulsory in the future though so we can prevent events like this happening again....

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Mon 16 Apr 2012 - 15:44

whats with all these effin morosini threads??? there are like 7 threads on the same person in the general section.
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Apr 2012 - 15:46

spanky489 wrote:whats with all these effin morosini threads??? there are like 7 threads on the same person in the general section.

:facepalm:

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon 16 Apr 2012 - 15:52

Rather callous from you, Spanky. That disappoints me.

You have a point though so I've merged all of the threads into this one.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Mon 16 Apr 2012 - 16:01

you re right mclewis i was out of line Sad
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4