Tomwin Lannister
Internal
Patrick Bateman
leemhuis
DeviAngel
54 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Livorno player collapses during game  - Page 3 Empty Re: Livorno player collapses during game

Post by zarola Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:39 am

Eivindo wrote:WTF NO football this weekend???? People die all the time, so the sport must stop also? 1 minute silence would suffice! Damn that's a hard blow. Also RIP

he died in the middle of the match. he's former teammates with :

Consigli
Motta
Andreolli
Criscito
Marzoratti
Abate
Marchisio
Acquafresca
Giovinco
De Ceglie
Sirigu
Ranocchia
Pisano
Bocchetti
Candreva
Poli
Cerci
Paloschi
Balotelli
Cigarini
Seculin
Dessena

and others...

zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Livorno player collapses during game  - Page 3 Empty Re: Livorno player collapses during game

Post by AnJl Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:41 am

I dont mean to be cruel, but why stop the matches?

Unless, lets say they have an medical indepth check up for the week or something?

Its sad to lose a person, forget a player, but like Eivindo said, a minutes silence would have been a sign of good will...

May his soul rest in peace
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:47 am

AnJl wrote:I dont mean to be cruel, but why stop the matches?

Unless, lets say they have an medical indepth check up for the week or something?

Its sad to lose a person, forget a player, but like Eivindo said, a minutes silence would have been a sign of good will...

May his soul rest in peace

To give the players some time to grieve over the loss of one of their former teammates after a sudden unexpected death? Is that too much to ask?
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:54 am

Some Human being have lost all humanity left in them. We must first set our priority straight, our lives matter much more than football.

He didn't just die on his own, he died while playing football and if you still have a little bit of Humanity left in you, then even 10hours of silence is not enough.

I dont know this man, but I just feel some sort of connection because he died while playing the beautiful game and deserved to be moan.

Great decision by FIGC

My condolence to any family member and friend he has left, what a sad story. RIP.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:07 am

Idrisozet wrote:Some Human being have lost all humanity left in them. We must first set our priority straight, our lives matter much more than football.

He didn't just die on his own, he died while playing football and if you still have a little bit of Humanity left in you, then even 10hours of silence is not enough.

Idrisozet wrote:Some Human being have lost all humanity left in them. We must first set our priority straight, our lives matter much more than football.

I dont know this man, but I just feel some sort of connection because he died while playing the beautiful game and deserved to be moan.

Humanity has long been dead, so if you want to get into that topic, you are beating a dead horse

You know what?

Why dont we stop playing football, possibly five people around the world have died right now

thousands are dieing in africa due to starvation

And also, why stop the matches just because he died on the football pitch?

If he died at home or elsewhere, then the matches should still continue?

Tell me what shred of humanity is there in a person if they only stop for particular reasons? Why not stop for everything shit going on in the world today?

I understand what they are saying and why they did it, im just asking in all honesty, was it necessary

The week Muamba had his cardiac arrest, did they stop all games?

When Marc Vivien and Puerta died, did they stop all the games?

They couldnt, could they

I would rather go out there and play my heart and soul out for my friend, i feel he would have wanted it
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zees Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:21 am

RIP
Zees
Zees
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:24 am

The people comparing the shit that happens away from football to what actually happened in a football match need to think about what they type before they do. A player that has many colleages among teams that were supposed to play this weekend drops dead its going to affect people on the pitch its not like their going to come onto the field with a positive outlook.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:27 am

AnJl wrote:

Humanity has long been dead, so if you want to get into that topic, you are beating a dead horse

You know what?

Why dont we stop playing football, possibly five people around the world have died right now

thousands are dieing in africa due to starvation

And also, why stop the matches just because he died on the football pitch?

If he died at home or elsewhere, then the matches should still continue?

Tell me what shred of humanity is there in a person if they only stop for particular reasons? Why not stop for everything shit going on in the world today?

I understand what they are saying and why they did it, im just asking in all honesty, was it necessary

The week Muamba had his cardiac arrest, did they stop all games?

When Marc Vivien and Puerta died, did they stop all the games?

They couldnt, could they

I would rather go out there and play my heart and soul out for my friend, i feel he would have wanted it

We all have different opinion in life and I feel ur's is different from mine

to me it was a good decision to moan him especially since he died on the pitch while playing.

and the fact that it wasn't done for other players doesn't mean this decision is wrong.

As a matter of fact I see it as a way forward and just to bring it to your notice Mumba didn't die, but still the match was called off, you've to be able to distinguish the situation in one circumstance from another

Yeah people die, just last month here my own sister died, Kids die all over the world every day, not just Africa, but Iraq, Britain and all over the world. But what matter is that we must be able to draw distinction in every circumstances, when my sister died she was moaned by her loved ones and barristers and Solicitors from her work place, If a policeman die especially when on duty he get moan by the entire police force, same for soldier, sea-lords, pilots etc.

Those kids in Africa when they die there are people out there who moan and pay some sort of homage to them, every circumstance is different.

Saying stuff like kids died in Africa or police men died and relating it to football circumstance is just too vague.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:03 am

Wow, just watched the video on YouTube. So tragic, R.I.P.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeps33178 Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:32 am

RIP

Sad day in football
Jeps33178
Jeps33178
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:51 am

Crying or Very sad
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:16 am

RIP, its always tragic when someone passes away at such a young age. My condolences to his family and friends

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:30 am

Whoa.

RIP. These sudden deaths at such a young age no way to die.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:41 am

By stopping a whole round a football because of a death in a lower league is imo not enough. Think about the people who spend money and traveled to Italy from abroad just to see "Postponed". I dont think Morosini would have wanted that. Im sure there would have been a better way to respect his death than to make the whole of Serie A to stop and cry. Seriously, the 1 minute silence is enough as it is, but this is getting out of hand. Perhaps I come across as a dirtbag by stating this, but what I mean is that many people like myself are looking forward to the weekend with so much passion and joy because of football, and to stop that love should require something incredibly unusual, not 1 single death in a lower league game.

So what do we get? Not only a dead man, but a dead weekend for many of us. Why double the pain?:S
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:41 am

Yea Idrisozet, your right

was little bit quick to jump the gun there, my apologies...

Im sorry for your loss also
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:58 am

Eivindo wrote:By stopping a whole round a football because of a death in a lower league is imo not enough. Think about the people who spend money and traveled to Italy from abroad just to see "Postponed". I dont think Morosini would have wanted that. Im sure there would have been a better way to respect his death than to make the whole of Serie A to stop and cry. Seriously, the 1 minute silence is enough as it is, but this is getting out of hand. Perhaps I come across as a dirtbag by stating this, but what I mean is that many people like myself are looking forward to the weekend with so much passion and joy because of football, and to stop that love should require something incredibly unusual, not 1 single death in a lower league game.

So what do we get? Not only a dead man, but a dead weekend for many of us. Why double the pain?:S

No I see where you're coming from. It's a terrible event but ruining peoples holiday/travel plans is not a good way to show a sign of respect. It makes people who have been frustrated remember how they wasted money that day rather than the passing away of a young man. Especially Milan and Genoa fans who were getting ready to watch the game.

That being said, it's a tragic day which goes beyond football.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:37 am

A heart attack at only 25... that's really awful. I wonder if it could've been prevented or if it was entirely genetic? You never expect a young footballer, of all people, to be taken by a disease which primarily affects older people and those with unhealthy lifestyles.

R.I.P.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:39 am

zarola wrote:
Eivindo wrote:WTF NO football this weekend???? People die all the time, so the sport must stop also? 1 minute silence would suffice! Damn that's a hard blow. Also RIP

Consigli
Motta
Andreolli
Criscito
Marzoratti
Abate
Marchisio
Acquafresca
Giovinco
De Ceglie
Sirigu
Ranocchia
Pisano
Bocchetti
Candreva
Poli
Cerci
Paloschi
Balotelli
Cigarini
Seculin
Dessena

and others...

If I were one of these players, I would feel very uncomfortable playing on the day or day after his death.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:03 am

Sad RIP
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:43 am

RIP Piermario

Dante13 wrote:Rest in peace Morosini.

This stuff shouldn't happen on a football field. I think after all these tragic incidents , some people at FIFA & UEFA should take a bit of action . I don't know what but something should be done , perhaps force teams to make monthly medical check ups on players or something like that. Something that could prevent situations like that one..

Agreed with the fact that there should be stricter rules on preventing such things. Apparently there was a car blocking the passage way for the ambulance which delayed their arrival by a few minutes, that could've made a difference, no one knows. But then again, something like this comes as such a shock. Morosini was supposedly in good health, I don't think they could've foreseen such an incident with him. Teams do have regular medical check-ups, I guess something like this just happens without warning. All we could do is wait for more information, sadly we don't have the power to fight against such a destiny.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:45 am

ErPupone wrote:RIP Piermario

Dante13 wrote:Rest in peace Morosini.

This stuff shouldn't happen on a football field. I think after all these tragic incidents , some people at FIFA & UEFA should take a bit of action . I don't know what but something should be done , perhaps force teams to make monthly medical check ups on players or something like that. Something that could prevent situations like that one..

Agreed with the fact that there should be stricter rules on preventing such things. Apparently there was a car blocking the passage way for the ambulance which delayed their arrival by a few minutes, that could've made a difference, no one knows. But then again, something like this comes as such a shock. Morosini was supposedly in good health, I don't think they could've foreseen such an incident with him. Teams do have regular medical check-ups, I guess something like this just happens without warning. All we could do is wait for more information, sadly we don't have the power to fight against such a destiny.

This is why you shouldn't park in ambulance spots. If I was related to somebody who passed away and I found out that somebodies car had delayed them recieving treatment then I would go mental.

I watched the video of the incident... the way he fought to stay on his feet was maybe the most emotional thing I have ever watched.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:56 am

Forza Rossoneri wrote:
zarola wrote:

Consigli
Motta
Andreolli
Criscito
Marzoratti
Abate
Marchisio
Acquafresca
Giovinco
De Ceglie
Sirigu
Ranocchia
Pisano
Bocchetti
Candreva
Poli
Cerci
Paloschi
Balotelli
Cigarini
Seculin
Dessena

and others...

If I were one of these players, I would feel very uncomfortable playing on the day or day after his death.

Exactly. I couldn't imagine the mindset they're currently in. Not to mention the fact that it could've been anyone of them.

I also agree with Idrisozet. Guys, I know we're all passionate about the game, but it goes to a certain extent. At a certain point, such as an incident like this, you have to just stop and pay your respects. Also, the fact that he's from a lower league (Serie B, not that low anyhow) doesn't matter at all, he's still a human being. Whether your name is Piermario Morosini or Lionel Messi, it doesn't matter one bit, they deserve the exact same amount of respect.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Livorno player collapses during game  - Page 3 Empty Udinese look after Morosini's sister

Post by DeviAngel Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:02 pm

Udinese have confirmed they will look after Piermario Morosini’s sister, who relied on the player for financial and emotional support.

Morosini was under contract with Udinese and on loan at Livorno when he died during Saturday’s Serie B game with Pescara.

The 25-year-old had a very difficult life, as he lost both his parents before turning 18 and his disabled brother committed suicide.

The only remaining family member is his sister, who is also gravely ill and relied upon him for financial support.

Udinese and captain Antonio Di Natale have now confirmed they will ensure Morosini’s sister is looked after.

“He was an exceptional lad, so full of life. Despite all the problems he had, he was always at the disposal of the team and every day gave us all strength,” said Di Natale.

“I lost my mother four years ago and, as he had already been through this, he was very close to me. Watching the images on television was shocking. He wanted to get back up, but fell again. When seeing that, all you can do is pray the Lord will give you a hand.

“He wanted so much to live and find success, for himself, for the family he no longer had and his sister. I immediately said we could not play last night, as it wasn’t right. I compliment Inter and the FIGC for making that decision, as on a day like this football becomes impossible.”

Livorno and his girlfriend Anna released a statement thanking “all those who in these hours of pain have been close to us in their memories of a great athlete and a special person.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:13 pm

Morosini was true fighter even while he was down and seeing death in the eyes he tried to get up ....
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:19 pm

Dat camaraderie :bow:

Really does restore your faith in humanity
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:20 pm

Great gesture
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next