Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world?

+60
Pedram
Collblanc
Zealous
vivabarca38
che
Be/\/ceCALI
StevieRayVaughan
Valkyrja
_LMG_10_
chad4401
Red Alert
Tigole
Sushi Master
CBarca
Kev
Magricos
FennecFox7
Yuri Yukuv
The Verminator
EarlyPrototype
Lord Hades
Lord Awesome
JAY-Z
Aensensen
Abramovich
Ganso
LeSwagg James
Adrian0911
white_star
Mr Nick09
The Franchise
Iceman
Le Samourai
Mr_Puyol
VanDeezNuts
jibers
billionmillion
Omniscient
guest7
Jack Daniels
RealGunner
Cotes
Mr. Festim
Bellabong
Dnmac4
Albiceleste
billy_gr
jontsu
Baraa
Onyx
StrugaRock
paperbackwriter
Beautiful Football
S
shinigami99
ronalessi
stunt
BarrileteCosmico
Die Borussen
LeVersacci
64 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world?

Post by Iceman Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:34

Yes, but sometimes no

Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world?

Post by stunt Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:35

billionmillion wrote:So shooting hard means you are most complete? its just one skill: shooting the ball (free kicks, penlties, screamers = shooting). what else skills he has so we can call him complete player?

Anyway congratulations for hat-trick

He's a good passer. Has about the same amount of assists as Messi on La Liga this season (Messi is a good passer right?).

Shoots well as you said.

His dribble is certainly above average.

He's fast. One of the fastest players with and without the ball (if not the fastest).

Has great positioning (that's why he scores so much tap ins).

He's tall and and can jump high so he's good at heading.

Can use both feet.

I don't see what he lacks? Sure he wastes shots at the goal and he misses 1v1s with the keeper frequently. But nobody's perfect.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:36

It's interesting to see how people try to down play a player who in 3 seasons in La Liga have:

1. Become the fastest ever to reach 100 goals.
2. Have 106 goals in 95 games, best average ever in La Liga history.
3. Have the most goals scored away in 1 season ever in La Liga (20), with 3 away games to go.
4. Have two 40 goals seasons in a row. A new unseen record.

Making it down to him being average in most regards, but "a good shooter". RVN was a good shooter, R9 was a good shooter, Eto'o was a good shooter, Hugo Sanchez was a good shooter, Romario was a good shooter, Di Stefano was a good shooter, Puskas, Kubala, and on, on and on.

But none of them can touch him when it comes to La Liga records...

Still lets play the downplaying game.

Last edited by paperbackwriter on Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:37; edited 1 time in total
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:37

Le Samourai wrote:Look , I am no Ronaldo fan.

But this is the best game he has ever played in a Madrid shirt, It deserves a thread.But this one is just horribly titled.

I disagree. He has done better.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:40

RVN, R9, Etoo nor Romario ever started thier career on a team as good as this, so 1 or 2 and possibly 4 were never a option.

I agree with Le Samorai, this is one horribly titled thread.

His goal scoring deserves talk, but not "best most complete player".

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:40

Le Samourai wrote:Look , I am no Ronaldo fan.

But this is the best game he has ever played in a Madrid shirt, It deserves a thread.But this one is just horribly titled.

There's a 26 page Ronaldo thread already up.

I too agree if someone wanted to start a thread saying how well Ronaldo played against a rival and good opponent that stopped Madrid from slipping deeper into letting there grip on the league go, and scoring some stunning goals then I'm all for it. Hell I Would probably go in there and say he was great tonight, which he was.

I just don't know why the OP has to make this into he's the best and most complete player in the world thread. Just enjoy the victory, why bring up the whole Ronaldo vs MEssi thing?

If I were a MAdrid fan the last thing I would want to do after an awesome win like todays is have Barca fans throwing Ronaldo's shortcomings in my face and why Messi is better then him. And that is what this thread was begging for.

I just don't get it.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:41

He is the most handsome, that's for sure.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:41

It was his first free kick this season in la liga right? how he is a great free kick taker? tried more than 200 and scored 1 or 2?

As player he is not complete no doubt. as a forward he lacks great finishing skills. also not a great dribbler. if no space to shoot he is dead as a forward

he has 2 things that gets him goals: his speed and shoot power which requires space to perform
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:42

stunt wrote:
billionmillion wrote:So shooting hard means you are most complete? its just one skill: shooting the ball (free kicks, penlties, screamers = shooting). what else skills he has so we can call him complete player?

He's a good passer. Has about the same amount of assists as Messi on La Liga this season (Messi is a good passer right?).

Shoots well as you said.

He's fast. One of the fastest players with and without the ball (if not the fastest).

Can use both feet.

I don't see what he lacks? Sure he wastes shots at the goal and he misses 1v1s with the keeper frequently. But nobody's perfect.

you assist lots does not always mean you are good passer.for that you have to watch full match then you can see who is great passer who is not.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:42

vanDEEZ wrote:i disagree i think busquets is the most complete footballer- he can defend, play square balls, hes an olympic diver AND a hollywood actor.

So you bitch an moan about barca vs Madrid threads and then you bring up a Barcelona player in a cr7 thread what a fail :facepalm:

Anyways Ronaldo is a Damm good player but still a little girl when it comes to his diving seriously just knock it off and he will be loved by all. Today why did he need to dive in the penalty box, no need for that.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:43

after reading all the posts i arrived to my initial opinion:

No.
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:46

I believe this picture sums up the Ronaldo wank fests among Madrid fans

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world? - Page 3 Reflexes&reactiontimes

Last edited by shinigami99 on Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:49; edited 1 time in total
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:48

Beautiful Football wrote:

you assist lots does not always mean you are good passer.for that you have to watch full match then you can see who is great passer who is not.

I watch full matches and Ronaldo makes good passes. He fails some of them but he's a good passer. You might disagree with me. But stats are on my side.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:48

I think It deserves a thread, it wasn't a run of the mill performance, and no matter what people say I know for a fact that

1.Games as important as this one ended up being, don't coincide with each and every great Messi performance.
2.And even if Messi did have a similar performance, more often than not, it isn't him alone that drags his team to victory.

I can think of a couple like last year vs Madrid in the CL , but not many.

I totally agree, I was about to make a thread before I saw this one, not about a best player in the world or most complete , but a spectacular , magical performance, in crunch time from a player who gets stick for not performing then.

Anyway, since this seems to be the thread we are left with.

Cristiano Ronaldo

"I shut people up all year. I do not care about what others do or say...I want to continue my work, I started this season in good form, with important goals, and I want this to continue. I always try to give my best."

My mouth is shut for the time being.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:49; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:48

dnmac4 wrote:
Jack Daniels wrote:@Dnmac
Why qoute me? I never said he is the most complete player lol

My bad, I was more bringing up the thread you quoted. I didn't mean anything I said towards you or anything I just saw you didn't think he was the most complete either so I quoted your entire post plus it was like right on top of where I was typing.

lol i still rate messi ahead of him man
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:51

The Franchise wrote:RVN, R9, Etoo nor Romario ever started thier career on a team as good as this, so 1 or 2 and possibly 4 were never a option.

I agree with Le Samorai, this is one horribly titled thread.

His goal scoring deserves talk, but not "best most complete player".

RVN agreed. R9 joined Real Madrid with Figo, Zidane, Makélélé, R. Carlos, Hierro, Raúl... Eto'o played with Ronaldinho, Xavi, Deco and later Messi aswell as Iniesta. Romario played with the dream team, Laudrup, Stoichkov, Guardiola and so forth. Seems like a legit concern.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:52

stunt wrote:
Beautiful Football wrote:

I watch full matches and Ronaldo makes good passes. He fails some of them but he's a good passer. You might disagree with me. But stats are on my side.

you watch full matches and you think he is good passer that good for you..
but from my point of view he is not...

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:54

stunt wrote:

Shoots well as you said.

Can use both feet.

How many assists CR have?
Messi playing only with his left foot scored 61 goals and around 30 assists. CR most complete player scored 52 goals and i think 15 assists. How he is most complete?
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:55

I don't think he's either.. Great player though Smile
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:57

billionmillion wrote:
stunt wrote:

Shoots well as you said.

Can use both feet.

Messi playing only with his left foot scored 61 goals and around 30 assists. CR most complete player scored 52 goals and i think 15 assists. How he is most complete?

CR7 is as good away as home, with 50 % of his goals scored on both sides of the fence this season. Messi is less than half the player he's at the camp nou when playing away from home. How's that for most complete?

Ronaldo: 20 goals home, 20 goals away.
Messi: 28 goals at home, 11 away.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:58

paperbackwriter wrote:
billionmillion wrote:
stunt wrote:

Shoots well as you said.

Can use both feet.

CR7 is as good away as home, with 50 % of his goals scored on both sides of the fence this season. Messi is less than half the player he's at the camp nou when playing away from home. How's that for most complete?

Goals are the only way to judge a player. Great logic.

paperbackwriter :facepalm:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:58

white star, my best friend. if you dont understand that i am mocking these types of threads then you should go up to who ever raised you and slap them across the face because they skipped the lesson on irony.

i look forward to your intelligent response like i always do

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:58

nope,messi is still #1 and by a far margin,but imo if CR keeps it up this season and in the this last bit of CL,he deserves balon d'or.inb4 i get hate,balon dor is a SEASONAL award and everyone know messi is a better player
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu 12 Apr 2012, 00:59

paperbackwriter wrote:
billionmillion wrote:
stunt wrote:

Shoots well as you said.

Can use both feet.

did you include ucl and other matches or just la liga..

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu 12 Apr 2012, 01:01

RealGunner wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:
Jack Daniels wrote:@Dnmac
Why qoute me? I never said he is the most complete player lol

My bad, I was more bringing up the thread you quoted. I didn't mean anything I said towards you or anything I just saw you didn't think he was the most complete either so I quoted your entire post plus it was like right on top of where I was typing.

lol i still rate messi ahead of him man

I hear you. IT just gets to me that even in this thread you see all these people trying to use stats and all this to prove how complete Ronaldo is and they ALL just totally ignore his defense / tracking back /helping teammates out on defense skills etc etc.

They think to be a complete player all you have to do is the glamour stuff.

IMO the reason Inter beat Barca in the CL and in one game killed us is that Mou convinced Eto'o to defend his ass off even though he's a forward so the whole team moved as one.

Ronaldo still doesn't want to understand that and until he does they will not get where they want to go as a team.

It is half of the game.

But again people just don't understand that.

And for those of you trying to say how close Messi and Ronaldo's stats are, go take a look at the Champions league. Messi has double the assists and 6 more goals. I mean some of you need to stop just using the stats you like especially when most of them point to Messi being better and more complete.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu 12 Apr 2012, 01:02

No

end thread.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next