Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world?

+60
Pedram
Collblanc
Zealous
vivabarca38
che
Be/\/ceCALI
StevieRayVaughan
Valkyrja
_LMG_10_
chad4401
Red Alert
Tigole
Sushi Master
CBarca
Kev
Magricos
FennecFox7
Yuri Yukuv
The Verminator
EarlyPrototype
Lord Hades
Lord Awesome
JAY-Z
Aensensen
Abramovich
Ganso
LeSwagg James
Adrian0911
white_star
Mr Nick09
The Franchise
Iceman
Le Samourai
Mr_Puyol
VanDeezNuts
jibers
billionmillion
Omniscient
guest7
Jack Daniels
RealGunner
Cotes
Mr. Festim
Bellabong
Dnmac4
Albiceleste
billy_gr
jontsu
Baraa
Onyx
StrugaRock
paperbackwriter
Beautiful Football
S
shinigami99
ronalessi
stunt
BarrileteCosmico
Die Borussen
LeVersacci
64 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world?

Post by Tigole Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:56 am

Both Ronaldo and Messi are fantastic players so lets enjoy their football.

By the way, Ronaldo and Messi have one thing in common...they are national team flops :bball:

Last edited by Tigole on Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Tigole
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world? - Page 7 Empty Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world?

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:57 am

Not really, ronaldo's been decent, messis been basically carrying his team...
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:33 am

its funny that no matter what ron does he will never be as good as messi, smh that's gotta be the biggest load of shit i have seen on this site, ron is very close to messi in terms of ability and impact only thing that separate them is trophies
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:52 am

stunt wrote:
white_star wrote:So anytime a player scores a hat trick we should make a complete player thread about them, ya that's a great idea!!!!

Guy saying cr7 will have great euros is going to be :vagi:

Ronaldo today broke the record of most hat tricks in one La Liga season. He has scored 7.

And ?
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:23 am

Le Samourai wrote:The assists were part of a larger process than just him making a pass.

If you look at that game, look at how much space there was behind our defense simply because he drew our centre- backs out position.I mean this is one of the biggest reasons I like Benzema so much, he does this as good as anyone else other than Messi.Creates Space for Ronaldo to run into.

If you look at the weakside space he creates when he moves to one side.

Honestly it's forgivable that not many people understand it, concepts such as dribble penetration and weakside kicking in basketball make it much easier to understand.

Those assists didn't need to be assists, they probably wouldn't be if someone made an extra pass.

actually it works the other way round too, when ronaldo makes those runs and shapes up for shots he drags a couple of defenders with him which frees up space for others.. recently he has also got the habit of passing in these situations which helps the team.. eg against apoel, or his run in the valencia game . .
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:30 am

billionmillion wrote:United was his home. In madrid every good player would shine. look at di maria, benzema and ozil. They became better player. Does it mean that ozil di maria and benzema prove themselves in 2 clubs?

Messi also would shine in R.Madrid. They are great team and they create 20 chances every game, not so difficult to score. Let him shine in portugal

umm what? how was united his home? for all you know he couldve become another nani , its one of the biggest clubs in the world , pressure to succeed there was immense.. he became the best player in what was the best league at the time, surely that deserves more credit than ' UNITED WAS HIS HOME '

di maria , benzema, ozil have been successful in their previous clubs also genius .. and you say that any attacker would be successful in madrid, wouldnt the same hold for barca too considering barcelona are better ?
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:33 am

Look at how much space is created behind Benzema here so that Cristiano is allowed free to run.

Ronaldo passes yes and he does take a defender with him, but he never drags anyone with position.Ronaldo runs specific channels and there are usually specific guys who pick up his runs and mark him (not always effectively).

Messi on the other hand moves all over the field taking the defense with him.Not just 1 defender, he shifts the entire defense out of position.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:45 am

Lord Hades wrote:
billionmillion wrote:United was his home. In madrid every good player would shine. look at di maria, benzema and ozil. They became better player. Does it mean that ozil di maria and benzema prove themselves in 2 clubs?

Messi also would shine in R.Madrid. They are great team and they create 20 chances every game, not so difficult to score. Let him shine in portugal

umm what? how was united his home? for all you know he couldve become another nani , its one of the biggest clubs in the world , pressure to succeed there was immense.. he became the best player in what was the best league at the time, surely that deserves more credit than ' UNITED WAS HIS HOME '

di maria , benzema, ozil have been successful in their previous clubs also genius .. and you say that any attacker would be successful in madrid, wouldnt the same hold for barca too considering barcelona are better ?
barcelona's standards are high. you need to be technically gifted, intelligent and quick to play there. too many players failed.

Messi would outshine CR is they played in the same team (doesnt matter which team). any doubts?
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:58 am

The fact that you guys make these threads proves that he's not.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:59 am

Beautiful Football wrote:
The Verminator wrote:Instead of looking at CR's positives, let's look at the negatives instead. Because it looks like everyone already posted his positives. I think that's good way to find out how complete he is. Then we can compare this list to Messi's (seeing as to be the most complete he has to be more complete thean Messi).

Also let's take out anything to do with the system they play in. This is purely about the individual.

Few things from the top of my head. Ronaldo doesn't have very good defensive work rate. Offensively i can't really think of too much.

Although i can think of a few for Messi. Messi is not very strong. Yes he has incredible balance, but he is not very strong. He's not tall so he can't get to headers very well compared to others. In addition i don't think he can header too well but he doesn't really get the opportunity to show us his heading skills too often. (i know some will bring up the headers against Yanited). I don't think he excels at long shots tbh.

i know football is a team sports...still if you want to compare their ability
here is my opinion

passing: messi

Creativity: messi

Agility: messi

top speed: ronaldo

acceleration: messi

strength: ronaldo

shotpower: ronaldo

longshot: ronaldo

dribbling: messi by miles

teamwork: messi

workrate: messi

vision: messi

End product: messi

weakfoot: ronaldo

header: ronaldo

jump: ronaldo

effective player: messi

big game player: messi

finishing: messi

versatility: messi
see messi is the winner and more overall complete football player.
in almost all technical ability messi is better ronaldo is better in physicial aspect of the game.

as for system messi is best in tiki taka ronaldo in counter attacking team.
but i am sure messi will be great in counter attacking football because almost all of barca counter attack go through messi...not sure about ronaldo
in tiki taka..my opinion he wouldn't fit in tikitaka..

Messi doesn't have better workrate than Ronaldo. He never runs back, he never runs without the ball. Ronaldo since the 1-3 clasico comes back to recover the ball usually. Messi isn't a better finisher.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:22 am

I think Messi is better than Ronaldo. But if Messi is 9.5/10 then Ronaldo is 9/10. Not big of a difference. People keep claiming how Ronaldo is so far behind Messi as a player, nothing could be further from truth than that. Ronaldo deserves all the plaudits, he singlehandly beat us today. Despite Pepe's theatrics, Angel Di Maria's oscar winning performance, and Arbeola constantly falling like a fly, one player stood to be the difference.

I previously used to think I hated Ronaldo, but this forum has really changed my opinion of Ronaldo. I cant stand how people undermine his talent, it makes me think " Are you guys really that stupid" "or that delusional"?

In the other thread, I saw people saying Ribery = Ronaldo....really? I dont know why I bother replying.

My conclusion on goallegacy (not on all members), Real fans are the most annoying ones in this forum (they are like spoiled kids), and Barca fans are just plain delusional ( it makes me wonder if they are actually that stupid or just joking around)

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:00 am

The thing is that both players are incredible in their own ways and any lover of good football should appreciate how they entertain us

Messi = Heart
Ronaldo = Heart
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:56 am

huh, so this is what happens when ronaldive has a good game against a semi-relevant team

i've heard stories...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:57 am

Ronaldo is an unbelivable player,I dont think we'll have someone as good as him for a long time.He has improved this season more than ever.His passing has improved,his dribbling has improved and he's been scoring more longshots than ever and this is the closest hes been to Messi.However we all know Messi is better by a a margin,Not as much as people make it though.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:19 am

What’s with the “both are great players and they entertain me” arguments.
Are you dense people?
This thread needs more dive videos, NT flop arguments, metrosexual comments and HGH theories
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:36 am

If you eat healthy food, drink your milk,workout every day maybe you'll be able to dream about having Cristiano's thigh muscles.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:51 am

And what about his hair?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:00 am

Frankly none of you can afford his barber or his gel.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:01 am

Wish I was his barber….
:bow:
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:12 am

But will he score against Barcelona and in CL? No. Good for him that he scored againt a mediocre team. Lets see him do the same against Bayern or Barcelona, like Messi did against Real Madrid (2x hattrick, 1x 2 goals), Arsenal (4 goals), Leverkusen (5 goals). Christiano is always invisible against bigger teams.

And dont get me started about his arrogancy, pure disgusted I was yesterday. This guy actually wants to be the best in the world while Messi simply wants to play and win.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:15 am

how do you know he won't score?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:17 am

He has never scored against Barcelona and has never performed 'world-class' against Barcelona. Like I said - before anybody can say he is the best and most complete; let him score and perform like he does against mediocre teams, then he comes a bit closer to Messi.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:19 am

Have you seen Real Madrid - Barcelona? I was there and allot of Madrid fans didnt appreciate him at all that game. He missed 3/4 tap-ins. Best player in the world? Haha.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:19 am

CR has never scored against us?
Really???
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:20 am

Oh yes I forgot, 1 goal right?
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next