Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world?

+60
Pedram
Collblanc
Zealous
vivabarca38
che
Be/\/ceCALI
StevieRayVaughan
Valkyrja
_LMG_10_
chad4401
Red Alert
Tigole
Sushi Master
CBarca
Kev
Magricos
FennecFox7
Yuri Yukuv
The Verminator
EarlyPrototype
Lord Hades
Lord Awesome
JAY-Z
Aensensen
Abramovich
Ganso
LeSwagg James
Adrian0911
white_star
Mr Nick09
The Franchise
Iceman
Le Samourai
Mr_Puyol
VanDeezNuts
jibers
billionmillion
Omniscient
guest7
Jack Daniels
RealGunner
Cotes
Mr. Festim
Bellabong
Dnmac4
Albiceleste
billy_gr
jontsu
Baraa
Onyx
StrugaRock
paperbackwriter
Beautiful Football
S
shinigami99
ronalessi
stunt
BarrileteCosmico
Die Borussen
LeVersacci
64 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world?

Post by Collblanc Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:20 am

Oh yes I forgot, 1 goal right?

Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world? - Page 8 Empty Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world?

Post by Collblanc Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:21 am

Against.. 13 times Messi scored against Real?
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:24 am

2 goals if I'm not mistaken...
point is, no matter if you hate the guy (I do too), you shouldn't dismiss him like this against us and especially against Batyern.

Unless you have some crystal ball or something.
Not that I would mind your words coming true after all, but as for now.......
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:27 am

I agree, he is a topnotch player but he did not perform in the past againt better teams. Before he can reach Messi's level op appreciation he first must perform against FCB and in the CL like he did yesterday against Atletico. Messi scores hattricks against Mallorca etc, but he also takes down Real Madrid and Arsenal down, solo. I have yet to see Ronaldo do this.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:30 am

Anyway… I am not interested in the comparison. Let’s see how CR performs mainly against Bayern and we can come back later.
The main point was addressed by Franchise already. Goalscoring is not what makes Messi the better player.
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:13 am

Collblanc wrote:I agree, he is a topnotch player but he did not perform in the past againt better teams. Before he can reach Messi's level op appreciation he first must perform against FCB and in the CL like he did yesterday against Atletico. Messi scores hattricks against Mallorca etc, but he also takes down Real Madrid and Arsenal down, solo. I have yet to see Ronaldo do this.

you n o see 09 cl semi final then ? when ronaldo got a brace at the emirates

and ronaldo has got like 5 goals against barca in the last 8 matches

Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:16 am

billionmillion wrote:
Lord Hades wrote:
billionmillion wrote:United was his home. In madrid every good player would shine. look at di maria, benzema and ozil. They became better player. Does it mean that ozil di maria and benzema prove themselves in 2 clubs?

Messi also would shine in R.Madrid. They are great team and they create 20 chances every game, not so difficult to score. Let him shine in portugal

umm what? how was united his home? for all you know he couldve become another nani , its one of the biggest clubs in the world , pressure to succeed there was immense.. he became the best player in what was the best league at the time, surely that deserves more credit than ' UNITED WAS HIS HOME '

di maria , benzema, ozil have been successful in their previous clubs also genius .. and you say that any attacker would be successful in madrid, wouldnt the same hold for barca too considering barcelona are better ?
barcelona's standards are high. you need to be technically gifted, intelligent and quick to play there. too many players failed.

Messi would outshine CR is they played in the same team (doesnt matter which team). any doubts?

and madrid and united dont have any standards righT? any idiot with half decent football skill can play and be a star right?

yeah right, messi is so amaZing in the argentina team , i totally believe you.
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:18 pm

Collblanc wrote:But will he score against Barcelona and in CL? No. Good for him that he scored againt a mediocre team. Lets see him do the same against Bayern or Barcelona, like Messi did against Real Madrid (2x hattrick, 1x 2 goals), Arsenal (4 goals), Leverkusen (5 goals). Christiano is always invisible against bigger teams.

And dont get me started about his arrogancy, pure disgusted I was yesterday. This guy actually wants to be the best in the world while Messi simply wants to play and win.

Messi didn't celebrate the 2006 CL with his team because he wasn't the one who won it all by himself. He sulked afterwards. But that's considered as "simply wants to play and win". Had Ronaldo done that, the shit would've hit the fan.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:24 pm

Collblanc wrote:But will he score against Barcelona and in CL? No. Good for him that he scored againt a mediocre team. Lets see him do the same against Bayern or Barcelona, like Messi did against Real Madrid (2x hattrick, 1x 2 goals), Arsenal (4 goals), Leverkusen (5 goals). Christiano is always invisible against bigger teams.

And dont get me started about his arrogancy, pure disgusted I was yesterday. This guy actually wants to be the best in the world while Messi simply wants to play and win.

Collblanc wrote:Oh yes I forgot, 1 goal right?
Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world? - Page 8 HAHAHAHA
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:24 pm

wow 11 pages of a thread that was created yesterday evening. LMFAO
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:27 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:wow 11 pages of a thread that was created yesterday evening. LMFAO

Talk about insecure Messi fans. they constantly need to downplay Ronaldo's achievements just to prove that Messi is better than him.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:11 pm

Pedram wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:wow 11 pages of a thread that was created yesterday evening. LMFAO

Talk about insecure Messi fans. they constantly need to downplay Ronaldo's achievements just to prove that Messi is better than him.

Should work the other way to be frank. Messi has clearly achieved more and most Ronaldo fans concede that Messi is the better player. Thus if you acknowledge Ronaldos achievements and rate him you automatically put Messis achievements and level on an even higher level.

Most Barca fans want it to be: Ronaldo is a 7/10 player while Messi is a 10/10 player. When in reality it's more like Ronaldo is 9-9.5/10 and Messi 10/10.

Thing is, that if an 7/10 player does what Ronaldo does in todays football. What does it tell us about the sorry state of football is in today?

At the same time they try to prove with stats in other circumstances/discussions (remember Jiopsis era adjusted comparison thread...) how amazing Messi is in a historic context.

Still we get all the excuses in the world when Ronaldo beats historical records. "Yeah but look at his team anybody could score in this Madrid...". When anybody dare to make the same statement about Barca and Messi, we get an E=MC^2 level formula thrown in our faces.

Very insecure, spot on.

Just to clarify to anybody reading this comment with Messi-heart-shaped glasses:

Messi is better than Ronaldo. But Ronaldo is also a player who's on the way to becoming legendary and perhaps top 5-10 in history (if you rate Messi as #1 in history which I know you lot do).
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by culefan Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:27 pm

i am new in this forum..i just want to say one thing..somewhere i read a quote which goes something like this.."there are 2 kinds of beautiful girls.the first kind have the perfect hair,perfect nose,perfect lips..well everything is perfect.while for the girls of 2nd kind..well they might have some imperfections..but they have something which makes u remember them for the whole life even if u see them once.the adjective beautiful should be reserved only for them."i think c.ronaldo is the first kind while messi is the 2nd kind

culefan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:38 pm

culefan wrote:i am new in this forum..i just want to say one thing..somewhere i read a quote which goes something like this.."there are 2 kinds of beautiful girls.the first kind have the perfect hair,perfect nose,perfect lips..well everything is perfect.while for the girls of 2nd kind..well they might have some imperfections..but they have something which makes u remember them for the whole life even if u see them once.the adjective beautiful should be reserved only for them."i think c.ronaldo is the first kind while messi is the 2nd kind
OOOOOOOOOOOOhhh!!! This just got better!

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world? - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQH-a4NJzeWFAhJJZlhXxnXGwZaBX8soixfsZkkl7Mg4mSFu51G

Please new Barca fans come in, join this festival of follies!
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:39 pm

Aensensen wrote:

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world? - Page 8 HAHAHAHA

It is typical that it has been so less goals that he scored against Barcelona you cannot even find it on the internet.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Collblanc wrote:He has never scored against Barcelona and has never performed 'world-class' against Barcelona. Like I said - before anybody can say he is the best and most complete; let him score and perform like he does against mediocre teams, then he comes a bit closer to Messi.

Have you been living under a rock? LMAO
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:25 pm

The Franchise wrote:RVN, R9, Etoo nor Romario ever started thier career on a team as good as this, so 1 or 2 and possibly 4 were never a option.

I agree with Le Samorai, this is one horribly titled thread.

His goal scoring deserves talk, but not "best most complete player".

Just stop right there. Are you saying this is the best Madrid team of all time? LOL

If you are saying that this is the biggest gap between Madrid/Barca and the rest of all time then surely the downplaying should extend to Messi as well?

Pick your poison.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:36 pm

che wrote:huh, so this is what happens when ronaldive has a good game against a semi-relevant team

i've heard stories...

so noone else finds it amusing that all it takes to be one of the most complete players in the world is to finally do something you've been trying to do for literally a season?

/cry
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:43 pm

Not especially.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:05 pm

Aensensen wrote:
culefan wrote:i am new in this forum..i just want to say one thing..somewhere i read a quote which goes something like this.."there are 2 kinds of beautiful girls.the first kind have the perfect hair,perfect nose,perfect lips..well everything is perfect.while for the girls of 2nd kind..well they might have some imperfections..but they have something which makes u remember them for the whole life even if u see them once.the adjective beautiful should be reserved only for them."i think c.ronaldo is the first kind while messi is the 2nd kind

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world? - Page 8 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQH-a4NJzeWFAhJJZlhXxnXGwZaBX8soixfsZkkl7Mg4mSFu51G

shut up, that was poetic Embarassed Embarassed Sad :flower:
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:13 pm

che wrote:
che wrote:huh, so this is what happens when ronaldive has a good game against a semi-relevant team

i've heard stories...

so noone else finds it amusing that all it takes to be one of the most complete players in the world is to finally do something you've been trying to do for literally a season?

/cry

This wasnt his first great game in the season. He has had games like this before. This wasnt his first hat trick. This wasnt his first time basicly giving the 3 points to Madrid. Heck, if you go count it, ronaldo has probabbly given more points (directly with his goals and assists) to Madrid than Messi to Barca.

Collblanc wrote:And dont get me started about his arrogancy, pure disgusted I was yesterday. This guy actually wants to be the best in the world while Messi simply wants to play and win.

I can't believe someone just wrote this. Some people are just stupid by nature I guess.

Cantona does it and is loved: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjQwIqkYDeo

Ronaldo does it and he's an arrogant sob?

Oh and "Messi just wants to play and win" I can't believe there are still people this naive.

Albiceleste wrote:It's the insecurity, any time Ronaldo does something good it must be rubbed in everyones faces.

Wasn't it a Barca fan that created a thread a while ago saying that Ronaldo doesn't deserve to even be compared to Messi? And tried to prove it with stats?

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:17 pm

Collblanc wrote:
Aensensen wrote:

It is typical that it has been so less goals that he scored against Barcelona you cannot even find it on the internet.
Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world? - Page 8 Bleh

Ah you, with your little Cruyff avatar and stuff.
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Aensensen Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:18 pm

billy_gr wrote:
Aensensen wrote:

shut up, that was poetic Embarassed Embarassed Sad :flower:
LOL Billy I know. Just having fun with the new guy Laughing
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:52 pm

Aensensen wrote:Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world? - Page 8 Bleh

Ah you, with your little Cruyff avatar and stuff.

Why do you say you are from Mexico while you live in Zagreb?
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:53 pm

Maybe post another cool picture from your photobucket. That would be really cool. Funny that you make fun of Cruyff - do you have any profesionnal connection with soccer? Any tactical studies whatsoever?
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next