RebaƱo Sagrado
paperbackwriter
Albiceleste
32 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Ibra sheds tears - Page 2 Empty Re: Ibra sheds tears

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:19 pm

Le Samourai wrote:No tackles, just random shoves , arm pulling and body pulling from various Barca CBS over both legs (in one case climbing on and dry humping by Mascherano).

According to the so called rules they are all penalties.

TBF Sunderland got a penalty against us for something very similar a few weeks ago, it is in the rules its just the refs are not consistent so when it does happen it causes uproar.

Never a penalty btw for me.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:19 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:

the sanchez one was not a penalty. Its a foul if the keeper takes the player out, it is not a foul if the player run into the goal keeper - looking for a foul -, i would say it was more the latter than the former although its not entirely clear. It was in no way "stonewall". smh at this barca generation when one small contact = FOUL/PENALTY/RED CARD/HOLDS FACE, some of the time they are actively looking for contact

I would agree with you in theory, except, i have seen those type of penalties given. With most of the people talking about referee standards and how shirt pulling in corners should be called, then the Sanchez one should be called.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:25 pm

kiranr wrote:
Diego Armando Maradona wrote:

the sanchez one was not a penalty. Its a foul if the keeper takes the player out, it is not a foul if the player run into the goal keeper - looking for a foul -, i would say it was more the latter than the former although its not entirely clear. It was in no way "stonewall". smh at this barca generation when one small contact = FOUL/PENALTY/RED CARD/HOLDS FACE, some of the time they are actively looking for contact

I would agree with you in theory, except, i have seen those type of penalties given. With most of the people talking about referee standards and how shirt pulling in corners should be called, then the Sanchez one should be called.
Well i think people have to be clear on something. Do you give a pen based on the rulebook? Or what is generally given or not given? See you say that although penalties are usually not given for shirt pulling, it is in the rulebook that if you pull a shirt, it's an instant penalty. But then you say that the Sanchez incident should've been called because these type of penalties have been given before (and they have). So i think we gotta go with one. Do we go by rulebook, or by by general conception? Or can we be flexible?
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:25 pm

To the Barca fans always in denial, is it a coincidence that EVERY TIME the going gets tough for Barca/they are under pressure/can't seem to crack a shell they get a decision in their favour? Is it a coincidence? How many times has this happened now? Hasn't it happened far too many times to be a coincidence?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:28 pm

The Verminator wrote:Well i think people have to be clear on something. Do you give a pen based on the rulebook? Or what is generally given or not given? See you say that although penalties are usually not given for shirt pulling, it is in the rulebook that if you pull a shirt, it's an instant penalty. But then you say that the Sanchez incident should've been called because these type of penalties have been given before (and they have). So i think we gotta go with one. Do we go by rulebook, or by by general conception? Or can we be flexible?

Well, it is the ambiguities that irk me. I felt bad about the penalty in this game because it is usually not called. But i felt the Sanchez one should have been called, because i have seen it happen a number of times.

So, if the rule implementation is standardized, then i would have no problem at all.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:31 pm

Barrettinator wrote:To the Barca fans always in denial, is it a coincidence that EVERY TIME the going gets tough for Barca/they are under pressure/can't seem to crack a shell they get a decision in their favour? Is it a coincidence? How many times has this happened now? Hasn't it happened far too many times to be a coincidence?

I have seen Chelsea being given dubious penalties two games in a row against Manchester United. Not to mention to play-acting by Drogba winning you penalties freekicks etc. Is it a coincidence? How many times will your team get such soft calls? Hasn't it happened far too many times to be a coincidence?
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:32 pm

Barrettinator wrote:To the Barca fans always in denial, is it a coincidence that EVERY TIME the going gets tough for Barca/they are under pressure/can't seem to crack a shell they get a decision in their favour? Is it a coincidence? How many times has this happened now? Hasn't it happened far too many times to be a coincidence?

Exactly.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:33 pm

I really think they should re-write the rule on the shirt pulling. Some refs do give a pen, some refs don't, and unfortunately some refs can get called out for it when a pen is or isn't given...it can be a tough decision for a ref but there is one thing that is clear to me. If the tussling is going on before the corner is taken and the ref can see it or the linesman, then the tussling must be stopped before the corner, or the corner must be re-taken. That's my view on this rule...
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:35 pm

Of course its not a cooincdence.

Burthurt fans are burthurt.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:37 pm

Are you suggesting there's indeed a conspiracy? Barca being mightier than Milan/Chelsea/Madrid etc?

InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:41 pm

kiranr wrote:

I have seen Chelsea being given dubious penalties two games in a row against Manchester United. Not to mention to play-acting by Drogba winning you penalties freekicks etc. Is it a coincidence? How many times will your team get such soft calls? Hasn't it happened far too many times to be a coincidence?
Show me a video of Drogba's play acting that led to a penalty or a game changing decision. I'll wait.

And what dubious penalties have we gotten against United? Don't you mean it the other way round? Are you just trying to look for something to say just to get back at me because you can't answer my question?

Please stop. Its making you sound like a bell end.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:42 pm

InterMalia wrote:

Are you suggesting there's indeed a conspiracy? Barca being mightier than Milan/Chelsea/Madrid etc?

:facepalm:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:43 pm

This ^

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:45 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
Show me a video of Drogba's play acting that led to a penalty or a game changing decision. I'll wait.

And what dubious penalties have we gotten against United? Don't you mean it the other way round? Are you just trying to look for something to say just to get back at me because you can't answer my question?

Dont have to show you anything and i am not saying this only about Chelsea. Every team in the world gets decisions for them in matches that allow them to win the league or the CL. It is obvious when you have a subjective implementation of the rules.

But to say that there is a conspiracy, now that makes you sound like a bellend.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:46 pm

Say something logical instead of :facepalm: I asked you a simple question.

How could a team that is one of the elite teams have more power than the rest?

InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:49 pm

InterMalia wrote:Say something logical instead of :facepalm: I asked you a simple question.

How could a team that is one of the elite teams have more power than the rest?

If we all knew the answer to that, this thread will not exist. Thank you, Charlie.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:51 pm

kiranr wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

Dont have to show you anything and i am not saying this only about Chelsea. Every team in the world gets decisions for them in matches that allow them to win the league or the CL. It is obvious when you have a subjective implementation of the rules.

But to say that there is a conspiracy, now that makes you sound like a bellend.
I asked a question in one direction and you took it and threw it in the extreme end. Wow! Nice job!
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:53 pm

Meh, not going to argue with you over such trivial details. You knew what you were doing.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:55 pm

kiranr wrote:
Meh, not going to argue with you over such trivial details. You knew what you were doing.
Nope. Its a simple question and this dates back to when Shevchenko's goal was cancelled for whatever phantom reason a couple of years back.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:00 am

Barrettinator wrote:
Nope. Its a simple question and this dates back to when Shevchenko's goal was cancelled for whatever phantom reason a couple of years back.

Well, the pattern is emerging only because Barcelona have been winning all these years. At the end of the day, every team gets decisions for them, but only the winning team will be remembered for it. The decisions for the losing team will be forgotten.

Barcelona have reached the semifinal five years in a row now. So, obviously the decisions that went for them are going to stand out and hence all this talk of patterns, not-coincidences etc.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:02 am

Pep nailed it Very Happy
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:02 am

kiranr wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

Well, the pattern is emerging only because Barcelona have been winning all these years. At the end of the day, every team gets decisions for them, but only the winning team will be remembered for it. The decisions for the losing team will be forgotten.

Barcelona have reached the semifinal five years in a row now. So, obviously the decisions that went for them are going to stand out and hence all this talk of patterns, not-coincidences etc.
It is amazing how calls get called FOR them every time they are under pressure, that is all. They have never gotten a call AGAINST in these situations.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:03 am

Barrettinator wrote:
kiranr wrote:

To back up Kiranr's point.

It's since then that Barcelona have endured probably the most success they've achieved in the history of the club. Maybe that's stretching it, but it's certainly up there.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:04 am

kiranr wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

Take Chelsea for example. Barcelona do NOT reach the final if at least ONE of those blatant penalty calls(especially the handball) was given in favour of Barcelona.
If it were a crucial 2nd leg tie and Barcelona were in Chelsea's position, they would have gotten 1 or 2 penalties that night without a doubt.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:05 am

Milan31 wrote:
kiranr wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

It is amazing how calls get called FOR them every time they are under pressure, that is all. They have never gotten a call AGAINST in these situations.
Last week Abbiatti against Alexis? Our second goal vs Arsenal at the emirates chalked off unfairly? Getafe player blocking the ball with his hand suarez style in front of the goal in the last minutes this season? Abidal getting sent off vs Chelsea?

:facepalm: Yeah we NEVER get a call against us.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:07 am

Albiceleste wrote:
Milan31 wrote:
kiranr wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:

Last week Abbiatti against Alexis? Our second goal vs Arsenal at the emirates chalked off unfairly? Getafe player blocking the ball with his hand suarez style in front of the goal in the last minutes this season? Abidal getting sent off vs Chelsea?

:facepalm: Yeah we NEVER get a call against us.
Notice how all of those calls happened in the 1st leg or in a situation where there is less pressure? Name one of those calls that have gone against Barca when a tie is at the tail end and there is real pressure all around.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next