Doc
The Madrid One
Mr Nick09
95 posters

Page 26 of 26 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26

Go down

Raphael Varane - Page 26 Empty Re: Raphael Varane

Post by FalcaoPunch Tue May 24, 2016 10:57 pm

sportsczy wrote:It will. He may miss the Euro entirely. They will take a week to evaluate.

Yup just saw the confirmation that he's officially out of the euros and that Adil Rami will replace him.

FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:32 am

Is there any future for this lad at RM, or is he better off trying to revive his career else where?
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:20 am

Winter is Coming wrote:Is there any future for this lad at RM, or is he better off trying to revive his career else where?

Remember his goat performance against Barça three years ago? He has never been able to replicate it or even come close to it.

The pre-injury Varane blows post-injury Varane out of the water. The difference between the two is staggeringly obvious. He went from an extremely talented all-rounder with the potential to become a world beater to a talented, albeit inconsistent defender with many flaws and nothing special to make him levitate above the rest.

Don't get me wrong though, he's still one of the best CBs in the world. But he lost that "it", that gift, that special thing that only one in a million has and which separates true greats from elites.

And what's even sadder is that his talent isn't the only thing he lost a big chunk of, he also lost (or maybe he didn't even have it in the first place) his professionalism. He has now become a whiny player trying to bully his way to the starting eleven even though he didn't have the performance to show for it.

The guy was benched by Carlo and then Z (his countryman and the very same man who recommended him to the club), yet he somehow feels his benching wasn't deserved.

And now, after threatening to leave the club not too long ago, he has now decided to stay after Z talked to him. He must've been given guarantees, otherwise he would've sought pastures new. His future lies with Madrid.

But if it was up to me? He wouldn't have lasted one second after threatening the club.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:14 am

I do and he does have a huge potential still, but I believe his injury as well as the constant change in managers has played a part in him not developing well. Tbf to the managers to hard to help out someone when its either league title or CL, if neither most likely sacked.

I believe the only reason ZZ kept him around is because Pepe and Ramos aren't getting any younger and their still a chance for him to prove himself, or at least with the transfer ban coming up they'd rather keep everyone they can to get through that.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:07 am

Pepe improving every season despite being a 33yo doesn't help him either, the original plan for Varane was to become Sergio's partner in defense once Pepe starts declining but he's not showing any sign of it right now.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:18 pm

Varane is out for 4 weeks

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:16 pm

Still very young... but injuries are ruining him. Imo, he needs to leave Real Madrid for a simple reason: The Real Madrid injury jinx. Normal players get injured often here let alone injury-prone ones. I also don't think that Real Madrid can count on a player that is continuously at risk of injury, similar to Bale.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:04 pm

gtfo we would never let this freak leave for god's sake.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:31 pm

He can leave but let's be frank he will be replaced and won't be missed lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:42 pm

Very very good game from Varane against Portugal... he dominated.  Great talent against him too including CR7, which he contained. He had Kimpembe as his CB partner, who isn't exactly great either.

Let's hope that gets his confidence back and he is back to his normal level when playing with Real Madrid.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:22 pm

Great left and right back to support him.

Hernandez is so good at left back. Can attack and is defensively super. Pavard is a great defender. Kante and Pogba were great in front of them.

Once he has a complete back line with everyone focusing on defensing, he is great.

This is kinda his flaw. He needs good defenders around him.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:12 pm

I didn’t watch the match, but i assume France were quite comfortable in possession? Hans might disagree, but Hernandez and Pavard aren’t exactly the cream of the crop in my eyes, as far as defending goes. Pogba typically only performs well when his team is comfortable in possession, if he’s up for it.

It wasn’t that long ago when Isco and Asensio looked great for Spain, as well. Generally speaking, It’s hard to accurately gauge a player’s actual quality and consistency based on these NT matches. I’ve seen players in their late 30s look great for my NT on occasion. It seems to be a different environment from club football.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:53 pm

Actually no... France sit back and counter. That's their style. They let Portugal have the ball in non-dangerous areas and Portugal couldn't do a single thing with it for the most part until the 2nd half. France were defending and counter-attacking too well and Portugal were afraid.

The Pogba of France is entirely different than Man U. He's used differently. He has Kante as the DM and a proper structure around him to allow for his creativity. He is often absolutely great with France, as he was against Portugal. He doesn't take unnecessary risks because he doesn't need to... so much quality around him that he has no pressure to take over creative aspects.

Rabiot player really well too.

But to get back to the subject... yes, Hernandez and Pavard defend very well. Pavard has made tremendous progress this past year and Hernandez was always a great defender. It also helps to have Kante cover so much ground and break passing angles in front of you. Regardless, Varane looked very very good.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:45 pm

This team needs to find a partner for Varane. Can't continue to rely on Ramos who will be 35 years old in a couple months.

Militao is young and needs to learn a lot. He looks out of sorts when he plays.

The team needs an established defender. Someone who can actually start alongside Varane.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivash Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:30 pm

Speaking of which, Ramos is now out for the next 3 games (hamstring injury with Spain), so Varane will need to show he is more than just Ramos' partner, and Militao will have a chance to show what potential he has.

Nivash
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:46 am

Thing is, Varane (and Madrid) relied on his unbelievable pace to overcome the adventurous mistakes of Ramos and Marcelo + Carvajal being inconsistent. Well, that athletic advantage is falling off. He can't do that anymore.

It's an adjustment not just for Varane, who is now facing on ball pressure, but Madrid who needs to understand they can't ask him to cover in the same way.

In short, we need to play defense as a group that don't take ridiculous attacking risks.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Perucho21 Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:15 am

As expected he's off to PL.

He's had an incredible time here. Won everything, seen everything, proved everyone that he is one of the best of his generation. I wish him nothing but the best of luck.

However, I do have to question the boards decisions to let both Ramos and Varane go. If they knew (and they should have knew) that Varane is not renewing then they should have re signed Ramos for a year or 2. That's the most logical thing to do than be stuck with 3 experienced CBs and a few canteras.

I am not at all convinced by Vallejo so I hope Chust makes due on his chance and proves everyone wrong.
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:59 am

Real Madrid Legend.

All the best Rafa Varane!

Ten title laden years at Real Madrid.

Merci