Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans)

+99
Vlad the Impaler
chad4401
Collblanc
TheRedStag
barca 2011
Gomez83
SaintJoe
aleumdance
Cassius
boss
♠Ace
Brady2Moss
Abramovich
ronalessi
matpol
Jack Daniels
Cotes
The Franchise
BarrileteCosmico
FalcaoPunch
white_star
Doc
vivabarca38
V
billy_gr
ToEy
S
McLewis
Albiceleste
nandrolona
Jeps33178
juventus101
Swanhends
ELO
Mr. Festim
Yuri Yukuv
kiranr
EarlyPrototype
Mr_Puyol
halamadrid2
johndear
Red Alert
punkfusion1992
Milan31
Pedram
LeSwagg James
Seppuku
la bestia negra
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Valkyrja
Margera
Tigole
RED
Arquitecto
VanDeezNuts
Aensensen
che
hrealmadrid
BAYERN_MUNICH
Mamad
RealGunner
REWB
manlio
H.A.
Omniscient
S32TABLANCA
Funkentelechy
Die Borussen
Tomwin Lannister
Babun
ioilersrock448
Adit
Onyx
Bellabong
Le Samourai
Sushi Master
guest7
stunt
BarcaLearning
StevieRayVaughan
Rebaño Sagrado
phenom
Grande_Milano
VivaStPauli
The Madrid One
McAgger
Lord Awesome
rwo power
free_cat
LeVersacci
paperbackwriter
Zealous
zarola
huntsman
the xcx
Lord Hades
Mr Nick09
izzy
The Messiah
103 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans) - Page 5 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans)

Post by Sushi Master Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:51 pm

No, Gomez isn't unplayable. He can be shut off by good defenders. He's the type to not do shit but then suddenly score.

Van Bommel being dirty is a myth. He's just a rough tackler. It's a contact sport.

Lahm has kept Ronaldo shut before plenty of times before. Watch Germany-Portugal matches.

Anyways, this will be a tight match but its fun to sabrerattle every now and then.

I just hate people who say "lulz, x player would walk into your team" when they have no idea how the team works and that you can't just get the best players from everywhere and make them click without a philosophy. Come on, you're Madrid fans you should know this Wink

Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans) - Page 5 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich(Clash of the Titans)

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:52 pm

rwo sent me here
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Bayern fans have lost it. Robben better than Ronaldo?...You should ask neutrals about this. Any sane person would tell you that it is not true. Ronaldo is a better goalscorer, more consistent, tracks back more than Robben (lol but its actually true). Robben though is a better dribbler, but I might get the stick here but I would take Di Maria over Robben. Now, I do consider Robben a better attacking player than Di Maria, but Di Maria adds so much more to the team in terms of workrate and tracking back, alongside all his attacking attributes.

Also how is Schweini better than Alonso? First of all, they have different roles. They both are world class in their roles, but you cant just go for a X > Y argument. Though, if I have to choose between the two, then I would also choose Schweini, primarily because of Alonso's age.

Ozil is better than Kroos or Muller? Yes. But its not entirely clear cut, so I can understand Bayern fans' argument.

Also, I would actually start Neuer over Casillas Smile

Here would be my joint Bayern/Real team:

------------Neuer----
--Lahm ----Boateng ---Ramos----Coentrao

-----------Schweini ------Alonso

----Di Maria -----Ozil ------Ronaldo

----------------Gomez

Robben doesnt bring the balance in the team that Di Maria does. Also, I think Bayern's mid is stronger than Real's.

Last edited by StevieRayVaughan on Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 pm

double post

Last edited by StevieRayVaughan on Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 pm

stunt wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Do you consider Gomez unplayable? because if he isn't neither is Ronaldo.

Ronaldo can be unplayable on his day.... which is rare.

Oh god.

Jesus Christ. You really think that all that matters in football is dribbling?

If you know me , that's the least I care about. But to be unplayable , unless your name is Messi and you can dribble through a team with your eyes closed you need to have a unique array of skills and the rationality to use them when presented with the right situation.

And Ronaldo dosen't.

Usually.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:57 pm

DAT MIDFIELD
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:01 pm

Schweini and Alonso would fail so bad because there's no midfield anchor or defensive minded guy there, SRV.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:06 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Schweini and Alonso would fail so bad because there's no midfield anchor or defensive minded guy there, SRV.

Well, Real plays Khedira and Alonso, both of them are not midfield anchors and it works for them. I like the fact that both Alonso and Schweini can attack and defend if needed. They both bring the balance, its not like its a midfiled of Ozil and Alonso which would clearly not work. I think both Schweini and Alonso bring the balance to the midfield.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:11 pm

Yeah Ronaldo is clearly not a threat. Bayern should focus on stopping Benzema and leave Ronaldo free to do his thing. :vagi:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:18 pm

Zealous wrote:Yeah Ronaldo is clearly not a threat. Bayern should focus on stopping Benzema and leave Ronaldo free to do his thing. :vagi:

No let him score....he just got his goal/assist ratio under the 6 minute mark and doesn't have the advantage of penalties to help maintain it.

:vagi:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:21 pm

Badstuber lets you run past him, but does not give away penalties.

Threat neutralized :vagi:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:24 pm

Bayern sure are on a run now, though. Müller in incredible form.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:26 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
stunt wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Do you consider Gomez unplayable? because if he isn't neither is Ronaldo.

Ronaldo can be unplayable on his day.... which is rare.

Oh god.

Jesus Christ. You really think that all that matters in football is dribbling?

If you know me , that's the least I care about. But to be unplayable , unless your name is Messi and you can dribble through a team with your eyes closed you need to have a unique array of skills and the rationality to use them when presented with the right situation.

And Ronaldo dosen't.

Usually.

Yes he does. Otherwise he wouldn't score every week.

If Ronaldo is that easy to defend (ie if he is "playable") how come he scores so much?

He's too fast for defenders. That's why scores he so much "tap-ins", they send a fast ball that the defenders can't reach but he can. He's the scariest player you can face on a counter attack.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:31 pm

Muller :bow:

@Stunt you and me have different definitions of unplayable.I don't disagree with your statement, other than the fact that all team would be more scared of Ozil because he has a better overall game.

As just a runner Ronaldo gets pinned far too much on the wing to be considered "the scariest " counterattacking player.He's one of the best.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:35 pm

Guys, the game vs. Bayern is 50/50. No way, we'll have more possession than them if not for our exhausting pressing. Scrap with the idea. Alonso will have the same problems he has against Farca when facing piggy+Kroos. Bayern play with a real DM ( Gustavo or Tymo).
We'll have to hit them on counter. Add to that they have more CL experience than us. Comparing personals won't explain anything. We play differently from them, we wouldn't be able to play like them with the players we have, same for them.
CR7 is a better goal scorer than Robben but Robben is a better dribbler for example. Gomez is more of a goal threat than Higgy or Benz but our guys are more technically sound. Ribery is more versatily than Di maria, he is just better eco smile Özil is more creative than Müller or Kroos but they're better goal scorers.
All in all, our attacking quartets consist of different attackers but they add to almost same attacking power.
Gomez is like CR7 for them to get goals and Robben their Benzema. You can think of the rest.
Again, the game is 50/50 if we meet each other eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:43 pm

Humble Babun gets it :bow:

Well, he does watch Bayern matches, which from what I gather most people here don't. hmm
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:45 pm

When T Mueller plays I watch highligts :coffee:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:50 pm

Then you better watch the highlights tonight, Samourai.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:51 pm

I plan on it Very Happy
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:00 pm

A real big disadvantage we have is that we meet Barca in the league in the middle of the tie. We won't even have a rest for 2nd leg, so we probably need to finish it off in the 1st for the best outcome. (if that's possible)

I think we will play our game, which means press as hard as we can and push Bayerns wingers back.

I consider our wingers better than Bayern (IMO Di Maria is the best winger in the world and Ronaldo is Ronaldo, nothing here to say) but their advantage is the midfield, and we're also better in the AM area (Özil starts for the NT, not Müller or Kroos, and the team is built around him. That tells me he is better IMO.) and CB department.

We've a weak RB but Di Maria's workrate should help if we have him, and we might possibly play either Altintop or Lass there becouse Arbeloa has been very, very poor lately... Maybe Ramos too and Varane as CB.

Coentrao will most likely play LB if fit becouse Marcelo hasn't shown lately that he should start. I also consider Benz a better all around player but Gomez the better goalscorer. Can't really compare becouse they're so different but I'd take Benz over Gomez anyday.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:33 pm

Se7en wrote:I think we will play our game, which means press as hard as we can and push Bayerns wingers back.

Dangerous as well though, opens up space for the Bayern wingers to run into, if they ever get behind your FBs.

I consider our wingers better than Bayern (IMO Di Maria is the best winger in the world and Ronaldo is Ronaldo, nothing here to say) but their advantage is the midfield, and we're also better in the AM area (Özil starts for the NT, not Müller or Kroos, and the team is built around him. That tells me he is better IMO.) and CB department.

I heavily disagree in this department. Ronaldo might be the best out of the four wingers, but Ribéry and Robben together edge out CR7 and di Maria, maybe I haven't been watching Real enough, though I have seen the majority of their matches this season I think - but I just don't think di Maria is on the same level as CR7, Robben and Ribéry.

Özil and Kroos, well, that's difficult to say. Özil certainly is better at what he does best, his final pass is better than Kroos' (though Kroos is excellent), he's faster, has better close control - all in all Özil is just more attacking, and better at it. Kroos makes up for it by being more complete, Özil just suits counter-attacking better, so he's a perfect fit for Real and Germany, while Kroos would need to sit deeper in counter-attacking teams, he's better suited for possession-based playing styles.

So my point is: while I also think that Özil probably is the better player, if Germany played primarily for possession, Kroos would start over Özil, or Özil would be a winger.

BTW Müller IS a starter for the German NT, he just starts on the wing there. And there have been precious few Bayern matches he didn't play in. Don't count out the WC golden shoe winner just because he looks awkward when he runs or shoots.

At DM/CM, Khedira easily edges Tymo or Gustavo, while I think that Xabi and Piggy are probably roughly equal, Schweinsteiger is just played for more impact. But that's not because he's better at directing play than Xavi, it is because Bayern build up from deep, because they favor possession. So it's hard to tell who's actually better of the two.

Your CBs are comfortably better though, Badstuber and Boateng are both great talents, and will probably be world class in a couple years. They aren't now. They are very promising, but not rock-solid in any way, shape, or form.

We've a weak RB but Di Maria's workrate should help if we have him, and we might possibly play either Altintop or Lass there becouse Arbeloa has been very, very poor lately... Maybe Ramos too and Varane as CB.

Coentrao will most likely play LB if fit becouse Marcelo hasn't shown lately that he should start. I also consider Benz a better all around player but Gomez the better goalscorer. Can't really compare becouse they're so different but I'd take Benz over Gomez anyday.

Bayern are weak at whatever FB position Lahm isn't covering. Alaba has been great as of recent though, so Alaba at LB and Lahm at RB might actually give Bayern a solid back-four from right to left flank, all in all. They mostly depend on how good the cover from midfield is, though, but at least the CBs are tall, that could be important at some point.

Gomez v Benz... Interesting again. I actually think Gomez would be better for Real than Benz since I consider Gomez the better counter-attacking striker, and Benz much better at hold-up play, so they should probably just switch out the two and both teams would benefit from the switch, lol.

I prefer Gomez simply because he gives you something that's gotten very rare these days - he's a pure goalscorer, then again, neither Bayern nor Real really need one of those with those wingers and AMs they got.

Neuer v Casillas... I prefer Neuer, but I think we can all agree that the difference in GK quality will not decide this tie.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:36 pm

Don't worry, Real. Bayern are in decline anyway. They only won 6:0 in Berlin today and didn't manage to get 7 goals.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:37 pm

Thing about Benz on the counter is that he may not be the best at scoring on them, but he's one of the best I've seen creating off them.

His touch outlet passes with his back turned are beautiful.

Decision making is usually spot on as well.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:39 pm

I can't wait for this match if we actually get it. Everybody loves an underdog but APOEL can go out proudly now and I don't really enjoy watching this OM side.

Hopefully neither side will be in bad shape come the semi-final.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:44 pm

Idrisozet wrote:I am going with the expert on this one, left for me when I look at Ribery and then Robben and Gomez, then Kroos, Schweini, Neuer, Muller, Gomez, Lahm Boateng, Gustavo, Tymo, Alaba.

I mean we've the world best Goalkeeper, the world best full back, one of Germany best and fastest CB, Austria Best player, Ukraine Greatest player of all time, Best Box to box midfield in the world probably the best midfielder in the world, world-cup Golden Boy, Best passer of the ball in Germany probably a better passer than all Madrid players, best winger in the world, 2nd best winger in the world, French best player, Dutch best player and the Best striker in world.

I dont understand how we can fail not to beat Madrid.

But until then, I'll be humble, lets get past Marseille first, they are a tough team to beat....
I love the way you rate your players btw..... You must be a very lucky fan.

Last edited by The xcx on Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:00 pm

Idrisozet wrote:I am going with the expert on this one, left for me when I look at Ribery and then Robben and Gomez, then Kroos, Schweini, Neuer, Muller, Gomez, Lahm Boateng, Gustavo, Tymo, Alaba.

I mean we've the world best Goalkeeper, the world best full back, one of Germany best and fastest CB, Austria Best player, Ukraine Greatest player of all time, Best Box to box midfield in the world probably the best midfielder in the world, world-cup Golden Boy, Best passer of the ball in Germany probably a better passer than all Madrid players, best winger in the world, 2nd best winger in the world, French best player, Dutch best player and the Best striker in world.

I dont understand how we can fail not to beat Madrid.

But until then, I'll be humble, lets get past Marseille first, they are a tough team to beat....

WOW you got all this and yet cant win BL? huh

mourinho will shut you down as he did with inter..
there you go something you dont have.. the best coach in the world.

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next