Buffon is the best Keeper in Europe this season!

+16
Rebaño Sagrado
Mr Nick09
huntsman
zarola
chinomaster182
Swanhends
Pedram
Le Samourai
rwo power
Lord Hades
VanDeezNuts
The Messiah
the xcx
Doc
guest7
Cotes
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Buffon is the best Keeper in Europe this season! Empty Buffon is the best Keeper in Europe this season!

Post by Cotes Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 21:21

Another game, another clean sheet for Gianluigi Buffon.

In world football, there is always a tendency to say "out with the old, in with the new."

Nowadays, everyone wants to talk about the likes of Bernd Leno, Marc-Andre Ter Stegen, David de Gea, Wojciech Szczesny, Joe Hart and all the other good, young goalkeepers playing in the biggest clubs around the world.

In the process, the older generation of goalkeepers has been pushed aside. However, those who've watched Buffon this season and don't allow age to affect their judgement will agree that Buffon has been arguably the best goalkeeper in the world this season.

Against Inter Milan, Juventus made seven saves, many of them top-quality, to preserve a clean sheet for the Bianconeri.

Presently, his record stands at 15 clean sheets in 27 games, with only 0.54 goals allowed per game. Is there any goalkeeper in the world with better stats?

I'll save you the time of searching: the answer is no. Take into consideration then that Juventus' defenders are above average at best, and Buffon's stats are even more remarkable.

They say a good goalkeeper is good for 10 to 15 points a season, but Buffon will surely have earned Juventus many more than that by the end of this season.

Last edited by Cotes on Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 0:51; edited 1 time in total
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Buffon is the best Keeper in Europe this season! Empty Re: Buffon is the best Keeper in Europe this season!

Post by guest7 Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 21:23

I'll save you the time of searching: the answer is no. Take into consideration then that Juventus' defenders are above average at best, and Buffon's stats are even more remarkable.

LOL
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Buffon is the best Keeper in Europe this season! Empty Re: Buffon is the best Keeper in Europe this season!

Post by Doc Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 21:25

In the world of "best keeper in the world", some say Buffon, some say Casillas, others say Neuer and few whisper Valdes name somewhere around. In the end, does it really matter?

With that said, 15 clean sheets in 27 is awesome. No joke, no patronizing and all that.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 21:27

I just wrong Iker who because I know Madrid fans would comment Very Happy
no disrespect to Casillas what so ever...great keeper
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 21:29

I bet Iker has had twice as much saves to do than Buffon.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 21:36

Buffon and Kahn are the greatest goalkeepers of our time and among the greatest of all time, Probably Buffon and Casilas are the only legendary goalkeepers still playing. a level above world-class keeper like Neuer, because of the career they managed to build for themselves.

BTW I don't need stats to prove how great Buffon is, explanation is not needed.

Last edited by Idrisozet on Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 21:40; edited 2 times in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 21:38

"the europe"

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 21:40

clean sheets =/ = best keeper
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 21:41

Well, right now the defense stats of Juve are the best at least in the top 5 European leagues.

Proof: https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t16898p126-the-best-defense-in-europe#509917

BTW, Neuer has 15 clean sheets this season, too, but 18 goals against in 27 league matches so far.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 21:44

Buffon is the greatest of our time, followed by Kahn and then Casillas, Van Daar Sar also deserve some sort of respect.

Stats are not needed, clean sheets or no clean sheet, when not Injured Buffon is the best goalkeeper in the world.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 21:45

that is purely your opinion ^^^
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon 26 Mar 2012 - 21:59

It's a fair assessment.

But clean sheets aren't the way to prove it though.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 1:39

Am i the only one that thinks Zamora trophy should be awarded to defenders rather than goalkeepers ? to try to not conceding goals, defenders job are much harder, they have to press consistently and mark their direct player and at the same time they need to be positionally aware. however goalkeepers job are much more based on anticipation and leading the defense line.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 1:42

Actually I'd say there should be at least four of trophies: GKs, Defenders, Midfielders & Attackers. Then things might get at least a little bit more fair.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 1:45

Handanovic has 90 saves and 16 clean sheets and he plays for Udine...
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 1:49

Well... According to whoscored.com its Vorm but no one will deny Buffon is back to a great level.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 2:35

love gigi but still not convinced he's close to his best.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 3:42

Best GK this season? I dont know, maybe Buffon maybe Neuer but def not Iker Casillas, the most over-rated GK in the world and one of the reasons madrid are suffering both on a club level and on the pitch.

But best goalkeeper of all time or let's say last 2 decades is Kahn.

huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 3:53

It's a sad thing Huntsman, you need to reinvent yourself really, same cliches everyweek, you lost your effect bro.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 3:55

LOL

CR in your sig
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 4:03

Mr Nick09 wrote:It's a sad thing Huntsman, you need to reinvent yourself really, same cliches everyweek, you lost your effect bro.

It depends on how you read into things. See, according to you, i am a troll, hence your opinion about me but that couldnt be far from the truth. That's your part of the story.

As for my part in the story, i am just stating and reinstating my opinions which are not shared by many and that makes them unique and worth mentioning and repeating in my opinion. Perhaps, one of my weak-points, maybe, but i am passionate about what i am saying and i say it with the best intentions in mind.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 4:06

One question huntsman

Why do you post so many youtube videos?...no one is going to change their opinion because of the video's you post
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by huntsman Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 4:11

because i end up watching them and i enjoy them and i want to share what i enjoy with others.

Also saying that no one will change their opinion is not really very accurate. I am sure that many who choose not to comment have already formulated other opinions and maybe some share my opinion or are subject to changing their opinion. It's good and healthy to have different conflicting opinions imo.
huntsman
huntsman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 7:53

its good and healthy to have conflicting opinions - yes

but when your opinions are just stupid - nope
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue 27 Mar 2012 - 8:25

I think Ter Stegen has been better, I don't watch Bundesliga but the amount of cleansheets in a average Mgladbachahcha is pretty impressive.

Second is Iker, who has been nothing but wonderful this season. Here are highlights from his saves this season:

http://vimeo.com/38979005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bWFCfcbeStw
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next