Anfield- The Experience (video added)

4 posters

Go down

Anfield- The Experience (video added) Empty Anfield- The Experience (video added)

Post by Guest Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:16 pm

Finally, I am back home in Copenhagen, with my own laptop, and have time to reflect on the game that I attended on sunday between Liverpool and Stoke City.

I took the cab to Anfield at around 1:30 with 4 other fans. In the cab, this middle-aged guy was talking about his time at Wembley a few weeks ago, and was hoping the game wouldn't be as boring as the league game. It was obvious he goes to every match. There were a father and son there as well.

We arrived at Anfield at around 1:45. There were a lot of random dudes, screaming: "You have a ticket? want a spare?" the black market was well up and running. Kiosks were out in full order trying to sell merchanside, and there were surprisingly a shit load of Stokies around too.

I went to the main stand where the directors and officers and team buses come.

First of all Ian Ayre arrived at his car, and walked right by me. He looks much older in person than in photos and videos. Then it was Peter Coates, the Stoke owner. After that, at around 2:15, Stoke City bus arrived. Crouch was surprisingly booed by LFC fans waiting for LFC bus. Pennant was just laughed at, and Tony Pulis gave us a massive smile.

There were 4 horses body guarding the bus. 15 Minutes later, the home team bus arrived. Kenny got off first and got a massive cheer. Then eventually players got off and Gerrard got an amazing reception. Carroll's hair was untied, and Suarez was the last person to get off the bus. After all the staff went inside the stadium, the fans started to disappeared, grab a snack, go to bathroom before heading to their seats at Anfield. It was around 2:45 by then.

I was still waiting by director's gate, hoping to see Lucas arrive in his car. Injured players usually go through that gate to get to director's box seat to watch the game. I waited until 3:05, but there was no Lucas. So I just decided to get in. It was very easy to get in. You'd just swipe your membership card through the gate and it'll let you in. Then you'd go up a few stairs and there you go. You're at Anfield.

My seat was at MA section of Main Stand, which is like the border between the Main Stand and the Kop. I identified my seat and just saw there for 5 minutes looking around. Anfield was playing some good music, including some decent hits by Cold play. at 3:20, Pepe Reina, Doni and the GK coach entered the stadium. Reina clapped us all and they started training. around 3:35, the first team came in and started training. Some people went very close by to take pics, I went as close as I could. I observed them. Then the attackers started shooting at the keepers.

Everyone did 3 shots. No one converted a shot, except Carroll who converted 2 of his 3 shots.

2 of Charlie Adam's shots ended up at top of the Kop Laughing

Players went back to dressing room at around 3:50, and then of course the game began. Now my observations from the game itself:

- Can't describe in words how immense Martin Skrtel was. Forget defending, I lost count of balls he intercepted and won.

- Kelly in the first half was getting on nerve of all these people alongside me. It was frustrating as hell that him and Downing had so many poor touches.

- Spearing and Gerrard really like each other.

- Singing the opening YNWA before the game has got the be one of the best things I've ever done in my life. Absolutely superb.

- Stoke fans are bunch of gobshites. They were very loud though, but 90% of their songs was about Suarez.

Here are some of the chants that were sang by both parties (Those I could understand, trust me Scouse accent is unbelievably strange)

- Liverpool, Liverpooool, Liverpoooooooool. Liverpool, Liverpooooool, Liverpooooooool
- clap clap clap clap clap clap, Dalgish. clap clap clap clap clap calp Dalglish
- De de dededede, De de dededede, LUIS SUAREZ (and repeat)
- Oooooo, JAY SPEARINGGGGGG !
- The Gerrard song (though it was only sang once)
- Clap clap clap clap clap clap, Fabrice Muamba
- Fields of Anfield Road

By Stoke:
- De de dededede, De de dededed RACIST BASTARD
- He cheats, he dives, he hates the jackson five. SUAREZ SUREZ
- O Steven Gerrard, he likes Cold play, he punches like a girl
- Whaaaaaat a waste of Moneyyyyy
- OO, Luis Suarez, YOU KNOW WHAT YOU AREEEEE

I also uploaded a video of the atmosphere on my facebook, and I am sure Red, Poolsupporter and Art that have me there could see it. will try to get it on youtube and share it too, but hell my residence internet speed sucks and I have to do it tomorrow when I go to Uni.

Last edited by Schweini on Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Anfield- The Experience (video added) Empty Re: Anfield- The Experience (video added)

Post by Kick Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:22 am

So overall it was average, Dull and dissapointing?

Only kidding, I envy you because I won't have the money to go to england for a long time (damn Uni.) how I would love to go there and watch any EPL team play, it must have been an amazing experience.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Anfield- The Experience (video added) Empty Re: Anfield- The Experience (video added)

Post by stevieg8 Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:14 am

that's epic. i'm incredibly jealous and hope i get to go to anfield sometime soon. sounds like an amazing experience all in all and i'm glad you got to go.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:48 pm

clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap DALGLISH
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:18 pm

If i say iam jealous that would a great understand seriously drinking

Dont forget to post the videos as soon as possible.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:10 am

Opening YNWA

After Suarez Goal

End of the game

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down