[Champions League] Barcelona vs Bayer Leverkusen - 3/7/12 - Page 3 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

[Champions League] Barcelona vs Bayer Leverkusen - 3/7/12

+18
eelir
BarcaKizz
Loshijosdequien
DuringTheWar
billionmillion
The Franchise
matpol
Mr_Puyol
Hamdyman
Blackmore.
free_cat
BarrileteCosmico
billy_gr
alexjanosik
la bestia negra
Madvillain
The Sanchez
Albiceleste
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

[Champions League] Barcelona vs Bayer Leverkusen - 3/7/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: [Champions League] Barcelona vs Bayer Leverkusen - 3/7/12

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:02 am

Benzema wasn't good in his first season.

Problem with your first season is it's mainly the language barrier and the culture. Sanchez has been great dude, he doesn't deserve any critzism.

FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

[Champions League] Barcelona vs Bayer Leverkusen - 3/7/12 - Page 3 Empty Re: [Champions League] Barcelona vs Bayer Leverkusen - 3/7/12

Post by danyjr Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:07 am

Benzema (Madrid)
dí Maria (Madrid)
Marcelo (Madrid)
Abidal (Barcelona)
Henry (Barcelona)
Silva (Man City)
Koscielny (Arsenal)
Eto'o (Inter)
Malouda (Chelsea)

Of course you can name some that are quite contrary to these players. Players who never became better. And players who were good for a season and then flopped.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:22 am

danyjr wrote:Benzema (Madrid)
dí Maria (Madrid)
Marcelo (Madrid)
Abidal (Barcelona)
Henry (Barcelona)
Silva (Man City)
Koscielny (Arsenal)
Eto'o (Inter)
Malouda (Chelsea)

Of course you can name some that are quite contrary to these players. Players who never became better. And players who were good for a season and then flopped.

These are just some anecdotical cases, I've analyzed all barça signings of the last 20 years, and the conclusion is there for all to see.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:28 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Oh I merely meant that if Guardiola had answered CSKA it would have meant he didn't think Madrid would go through Smile

Im slow, ignore me lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:29 am

I know it was an award he received and his award was widely criticised. Id agree, he wasnt the best player.

Whether it takes one season, 2 months or half a year to adapt isnt anything I'm concerned with. I didn't say he'll have a better 2nd season because its the 2nd season. What I'm concerned with is that when players do adapt, they play better. Its not something you can argue about. As far as I can remember, no transferred players under Guardiola (bar Alves probably, though he still adapted in that he changed his play to pass more etc) have taken to the team like a fish to water.

Cesc and Alexis did well to find ways of performing without playing to their full strengths while still in the process of adapting. The first evidence I saw of Alexis having adapted completely (though we must assume players always can find ways to improve) was against Valencia. Once he's fit again we'll see if he starts to make that the norm. Then he will be playing better because he's adapted, nothing to do with 2nd season.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:56 pm

The Franchise wrote:Messi is just ruthless....doesnt let up regardless of the score..just brutal, almost cruel performance.

I hope he continues to be cruel, and consistently eco smile banana

free_cat wrote:
matpol wrote:ME55I :bow: Good that Pep subbed off Xavi and Iniesta when the game was won. Rested Messi is epic.

If rested Messi always does this, we should rest him a bit more often Afro

free_cat wrote:He was a bit lucky with his second and should have passed to Pedro in his third opportunity, though. I guess it was Pedro's fault, he is always at fault for everything and plays horribly. I give Pedro a -8 today.

Good that he didn't pass because Pedro didn't deserve goal. Another bad game by Pedro even in a game like this he was poor. He shouldn't start. Great that Pedro with his sloppy passes and poor touch didn't score and you won't hype him :dance:

:lol!: If you really think that Pedro played bad tonight, you know very little of football or your judgement is clouded by your hate to Pedro. And I mean that 100%. A pity.
It's quite lame also that you wish that Tello didn't pass it to Pedro so he couldn't score. I'm not a Keita fan, and I'm happy everytime he scores, because he is from my team. Guess you just support Barça partially.

Regarding Pedro, I think he had his best game for a long time. Interesting to think about a point which is, will Pedro ever play as good as he did in his last few seasons for us? Considering the competition for places now and in the future? I hope so, but Im not sure exactly... His team play was good but hes still lacking in the finishing, which was his great strength....

paxtonpale wrote:I had to admit that Fabregas was great and swapped a few times with Inestia from left forward to midfield. He played exceptional. He is improving alot and its good to see.
http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0,,12385_7575098,00.html is a great interview about his season so far and how much Guardiola has 'created' a great future for him since arriving at Barcelona. He mentions that his last 4 games since 3-2 loss to Osuanna, he has improved.

Great to learn....and does that mean Pep > Wenger? Razz

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Messi is just ruthless....doesnt let up regardless of the score..just brutal, almost cruel performance.

That comment just reminded me of pederneras river plate of the 40s. Along with other greats like di stefano they would score 5 goal and then stop just to avoid really humilliating their opponent, class

:lol!:

Hamdyman wrote:Actually Pedro was his old self... in other words awsome ! (atleast in my opinion) this was another great thing tonight!

Arquitecto wrote:Reporter: "Name one team you don't want to face next round" Guardiola: "Milan."

The Franchise wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:Reporter: "Name one team you don't want to face next round" Guardiola: "Milan."

I cosign this and add Napoli.

Agreed....and Real actually...

alexjanosik wrote:This CL is ours to lose.
Might sound cocky but frankly dont see any team that can stop us.
If Messi,Xavi and Iniesta stay fit we will walk the CL.
On the match,one of our easiest matches of the season.Just a walk in the park.

danyjr wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:As to whether my expectations were low for Alexis. The new CR7? Stupid media hype... We hear this daily about new players. Best player in Serie A? From what I saw of Serie A he was a really great player, but not the best, in fact I don't even think he was Udinese's best player. What do I think of that title anyway? Nothing... Serie A players are frequently garbage in La Liga anyway, just like a 'technical' EPL midfielder looks garbage in La Liga.

My only real opinion of Alexis was from the WC, and what I saw was a very talented young player. Not a player who would come into the team and be a star straight away, but a long-term investment. I would have expected more from Aguero, but I already thought of Aguero as one of the best forwards in the world, not a 'starlet'. Even so... I wouldn't have expected a ridiculous return from Aguero because of the time needed for adaption. I do think Aguero would be expected to adapt more quickly though, and rightly so. At the end of the day, were we even ever in for Aguero?

For this player I thought was very talented, but also young and unfamiliar to La Liga, I expected promise, but I expected he'd need time to adapt. I think his adaption is at an advanced stage now, and thats why we saw a more free performance against Valencia where he was able to dribble and swap with Messi.

So yeah, I've gotten more than I expected from Alexis in his first season. In the long run? Yes, I do think he can be as good as Di Maria.

• Alexis won Serie A Player of The Year award last season. That claim wasn't a personal preference.
  • Agüero? Great goalscorer. I agree with the board's decision to sign Alexis instead though. He was Pep's main target last season, and we can clearly see right now why we needed a winger. He has been improving and watch him next season once he creates that subliminal understanding with his team mates. The kid's got talent.
  • As good as dí Maria? I hope not. dí Maria wouldn't last in Barcelona's system. And he dives too much, even for Barcelona standards

Why would Di Maria fit Barca?

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
free_cat wrote:It is a myth that all players do better in their second season.
I think there's a certain rationale for new signings. Having had time to adapt they now are allowed to explode. Think Henry's second season, or Eto'o's at Inter.

Giggity5313 wrote:Benzema wasn't good in his first season.

Problem with your first season is it's mainly the language barrier and the culture. Sanchez has been great dude, he doesn't deserve any critzism.

BarcaKizz wrote:I know it was an award he received and his award was widely criticised. Id agree, he wasnt the best player.

Whether it takes one season, 2 months or half a year to adapt isnt anything I'm concerned with. I didn't say he'll have a better 2nd season because its the 2nd season. What I'm concerned with is that when players do adapt, they play better. Its not something you can argue about. As far as I can remember, no transferred players under Guardiola (bar Alves probably, though he still adapted in that he changed his play to pass more etc) have taken to the team like a fish to water.

Cesc and Alexis did well to find ways of performing without playing to their full strengths while still in the process of adapting. The first evidence I saw of Alexis having adapted completely (though we must assume players always can find ways to improve) was against Valencia. Once he's fit again we'll see if he starts to make that the norm. Then he will be playing better because he's adapted, nothing to do with 2nd season.

Dont wanna get in the way of second season better or not, but its likely, since naturally more time to adapt. And not sure about Benzema. I always thought Benzema stepped it up when Higuain got injured and was actually given a longer run, which happened mid season...

Anyway, if second season > first season is true, then we will be getting awesome Cesc and Sanchez, WOOO HOOO~!! :lol!:
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3