SUPERCARTTS
danyjr
aleumdance
SamuelJayC
14 posters

Go down

Van Persie's new contract Empty Van Persie's new contract

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:12 pm

Thought this deserved it's own thread, since we're talking about our best player, our captain, our talisman potentially staying or leaving.

The Daily Mail's feature article ( http://bit.ly/An0W0k ) claims Van Persie will be offered £150,000 per week this summer when Arsenal executives sit down with the captain, this would break our previous record wage which was £130,000 per week for Thierry Henry in 2006 - when Titi signed a new 4-year deal before leaving a year later for Barcelona.

David Dein's son, Darren, as we all know, has been the agent of many players that have left in recent years, as well as current players such as Van Persie and Alex Song. The captaincy is not enough to keep him happy, either. Van Persie wants to add silverware to the FA Cup winner's medal he picked up against Manchester United in 2005.

Your thoughts on our reported contract offer, and ways we can convince him to stay?
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Van Persie's new contract Empty Re: Van Persie's new contract

Post by aleumdance Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:13 pm

he would stay

this i am confident
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:29 pm

• He will not join any other English team due to his faithfulness to Arsenal.
  • He is unlikely to join a Serie A team. Most EPL players find playing in Serie A a decline/downgrade from EPL.
  • He likes Barcelona. But Barcelona don't want him.
  • Real Madrid want him, despite having two world class strikers in Benzema and Higuaín, not to mention they are willing to spend cash. For me, Madrid are the only option should he leave the north London club.

But if Arsenal don't finish in top 4, the story will become completely different.

Last edited by danyjr on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:47 pm

£120k-£150K is pretty much the going rates right now. It's essential that in order to ratify such a huge contract- not like anything hinges on what I'm about to say- but I feel that it is imperative we shave £200k a week of the wage bill asap; and raise a further £20m in sales.

The likes of Bendtner, Denilson, Almunia, Squilacci and Chamakh will make this feasible. The we'd be able to off set some of that money to the likes of Podolski, Vertonghen and 1 or 2 others. Not to mention the cash we'd make from selling the dead wood and the money we have already accumulated.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:50 pm

In this instance, I don't think wages are much an issue. Obviously we'll have to pay him well because it'd be an injustice not to, especially when worse players are being well compensated.

But more pertinently, if he wants more medals, than we need to convince him that our aims go beyond reaching the top four every year and that we have serious intentions of challenging for the title sometime soon. To do that, we'll need to invest in quality players that can really elevate the squad to that level; or at least begin the process of doing so.

It's worth baring in mind that even if he signed an extension, he's not guaranteed to see out that extension. He might decide that, after another year, that he's not getting anywhere with Arsenal anymore and will have to move to win medals, just like Cesc and Henry before him. So it's vital for Arsenal that they not only sign some great players this summer, but the summer after as well.

We may end up getting lucky in that he might decide he wants to stay with Arsenal regardless, but that's not the vibe I've been getting. In any case, showing some serious ambition wouldn't hurt the club in any way.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:57 pm

I still can't believe Squillaci is on 60k a week. That's 10k more than we offered Cashley as a raise back in the day

No wonder he nearly swerved off the road
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:58 pm

Dein is not van persies agent.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:02 pm

That's a fair point, Jay. It remains to be seen what will unfold in the coming months. I'd be very surprised if he leaves, given the circumstances of where he could possibly find himself, from a footballing point of view.

Lex, the thought of Djourou being on £50k, when that kind if cheese could go toward Vertonghen, winds me up. Now revelations of Squid being on 60 lumps, has left me speechless.
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:09 pm

What Jay said, wage is not an issue here, Arsenal will never be able to compete with other clubs in term of wages. RVP knows he's level above the rest of the team, probably wants some insurance of squads improvement this summer, winning trophy next year of any kind would do a bit of convincing. After Cesc, I would never put my money on loyalty.

Saying that, he should be on 150k no doubt.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:34 pm

This summer we simply have to sort out the squad, particularly offloading several players.

Quite conceivable Almunia, Fabianski, Mannone, Squillaci, Benayoun, Arshavin, Vela, Bendtner, Denilson, Park, Chamakh all not here next season.

SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:22 pm

Van Persie's got 2 agents, David Dein and another in Holland. Dein has been an influential figure at Arsenal and we've seen his clients leave Arsenal in recent years. Most of them left to have a better chance at winning trophies, but its obvious he has had alot to gain financially as well. By engineering a transfer, he can bag himself millions from a potentially massive fee and the ridiculous wage packet Van Persie might could get.

But we are extremely lucky that no big clubs are in desperate need of a striker at the moment...Madrid and Barcelona who are both easily the most attractive clubs are stacked upfront, while Inter are in free-fall mode and Milan have got Ibrahimovic. He's never going to City or United unless they offer us £50million and he actually agrees to the move which is unlikely.

But like jay said, its going to be a very big summer cause we've got o bring in at least 2 top talents to convince him to stay. If we don't, its obvious he would leave. I would not hate Van Persie for leaving either, because such a talented player doesn't deserve to be carrying a team to 4th place every year without a chance to win the league or the CL.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:25 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Dein is not van persies agent.

really ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:09 am

I think wages doesnt play the main role.. I am sure if we have won something this year or finished 2nd he would have stayed even at 120k..
So the only way is to show the ambition that we are going for the maximum and not the 4th place.. So the ideal thing to do next summer is we fix targets now and sign some quality players EARLY in the window before we talk with him..
And 150k is a good contract and he wont mind taking it if all other matters are settled..
And if he moves i think its going to be Real Madrid..
And if he doesnt sign a contract i feel we must hold on to him last year even it is to lose him free (if he is ready to play here 1 more year) unless some1 comes with a fee more than £35million.. And I dont see it happening..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:36 am

I'll show my ! lol opinion u know about it ....after vs em....let me see first how RVP gonna be tonight !:bom:

Edit: like i promised ! 100 k ...max Wink

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:05 am

via bbc david

RvP to hold talks with Arsenal as soon as season ends. Key factors for him: CL & #afc transfer/future plans. No contact from Man City
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:08 am

RealGunner wrote:via bbc david

RvP to hold talks with Arsenal as soon as season ends. Key factors for him: CL & #afc transfer/future plans. No contact from Man City

Beat me to it lol
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:43 am

Give him all the money he wants and more importantly, the money he deserves. Thumbs up I don't care if he's paid more than Rooney as long as he keeps doing what he's been doing; staying fit and playing well.

I think he will stay with us. I'm so much more confident than I was with Nasri and Cesc.. The team is improving a lot and with Podolski coming in we will be a FORCE. I'm very optimistic about the direction we're heading in cheers
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by A Gunner Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:05 am

SIGN HIM UP!
A Gunner
A Gunner
Hot Prospect